Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

New business class on MH A330 from April 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TGflyergirl
MH Business Class Schedule

Refurbished aircraft

9M-MTA
9M-MTB
9M-MTC
9M-MTD
9M-MTE
9M-MTF
9M-MTG
9M-MTH
9M-MTI
9M-MTJ
9M-MTL
9M-MTO
9M-MTM
9M-MTN
9M-MTK

The entire refurbishment exercise is now complete

Layout and seat block: (Link)

Seat: 44" / 112 cm pitch upright, 76" / 193 cm lie flat.
Print Wikipost

New business class on MH A330 from April 2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Post Malaysia Airlines New 2-class A330 S16 Operations as of 18FEB16

Malaysia Airlines New 2-class A330 S16 Operations as of 18FEB16

As per airlineroute.net:

Malaysia Airlines today (18FEB16) further updates planned roll-out schedule for new 2-class A330-300 aircraft, with J27Y261. As of 18FEB16, planned service entry for the new 2-class A330 as follow. Note planned operational routes, effective dates remain subject to change.

eff 23MAR16 Kuala Lumpur – Sydney MH141/140 (MH123/122 from 06APR16)
eff 18APR16 Kuala Lumpur – Melbourne MH129/128 (MH149/148 from 30APR16)
eff 21MAY16 Kuala Lumpur – Auckland MH131/130 (MH133/132 from 07JUN16)
eff 27MAY16 Kuala Lumpur – Tokyo Narita MH070/071 (MH088/089 from 18JUN16)
eff 02JUL16 Kuala Lumpur – Osaka Kansai
eff 03AUG16 Kuala Lumpur – Beijing
eff 03AUG16 Kuala Lumpur – Shanghai Pu Dong
eff 20AUG16 Kuala Lumpur – Adelaide
eff 10SEP16 Kuala Lumpur – Delhi
eff 10SEP16 Kuala Lumpur – Perth
eff 01OCT16 Kuala Lumpur – Seoul Incheon
eff 15OCT16 Kuala Lumpur – Jeddah
Old Jun 19, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Had been looking forward to experiencing the new Business Class on MH 123 on 17/6 but was disappointed to find the old 2-2-2 angled flat seats upon boarding the aircraft, which also had one of three J lavatories out of service.

Poor show given no mention was made before boarding the aircraft (not at check in, lounge or gate) and the cabin crew made no acknowledgement of the change at all.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Coathanger
Had been looking forward to experiencing the new Business Class on MH 123 on 17/6 but was disappointed to find the old 2-2-2 angled flat seats upon boarding the aircraft, which also had one of three J lavatories out of service.

Poor show given no mention was made before boarding the aircraft (not at check in, lounge or gate) and the cabin crew made no acknowledgement of the change at all.
MH123 for the last two weeks bore the brunt of subs because one particular already refurbished frame (9M-MTB) was taken out of service for a 8-9 day period. She has since returned to service.

FWIW - there are now 6 refurbished planes in service MTA,MTB,MTC,MTJ,MTI and MTL.

IIRC, MTO is next.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
MH123 for the last two weeks bore the brunt of subs because one particular already refurbished frame (9M-MTB) was taken out of service for a 8-9 day period. She has since returned to service.
Interesting to know it wasn't just the one date that was impacted. You would think that over a two week period the operations and reservations teams would have had time to get messaging out to customers.

Will be interesting to see if/how MH respond to my formal complaint.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:31 pm

Received the response below from MH via Facebook Messenger (nothing from Twitter DM or email).

Any idea what MY page is referring to?

Hi Coathanger, kindly note that we have responded to you via MY page. Do liaise on one communication channel to prevent confusion. Thank you.
Regards,
J
Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:14 am

Following up via Facebook Messenger this afternoon elicited the email below.

Trotting out the CoC is the standard play in dealing with complaints, so no surprises there, but not even taking the time to address the lack of notice or sharing the information that 9M-MTB was out of service for over a week resulting in the substitution is just plain lazy.

Especially in light of their closing sentence.

Dear Coathanger

Thank you for your email dated 18June 2016 regarding changed of aircraft series for flight MH123 from Kuala Lumpur to Sydney on 17 June 2016.

We are sorry to learn about your displeasure over the aircraft type used for your flight. Although we understand your disappointment, we must explain the type of aircrafts scheduled to be used for all journeys on Malaysia Airlines Berhad, is however subject to change due to various operational reasons and constraints. This is in accordance to Article 10.4 of our General Conditions of Carriage that can be found in our website. It is also a clause that is adopted by all international airlines, which affirms that the airline reserves the right to substitute an alternative carrier or an aircraft.

Nonetheless, we do appreciate your views on this matter and would like to apologize for any inconvenience and frustration experienced on this occasion.

We hope that our explanation above, offers you some clarity on the issue you had raised.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write in and allowing us the opportunity to explain in this matter. Whilst we regret that you had cause to complain, we welcome the opportunity to receive feedback from our passengers, as we strive to continuously improve.

We look forward to welcoming you on board our flights and hope that your future flights with us match your highest expectations.

Yours sincerely,

For Malaysia Airlines Berhad,

<Name Redacted>
Customer Care

'This email is sent without prejudice'
Old Jul 14, 2016, 1:55 am

Anybody tried the Throne seats? Should I go for those or the window seat with the table on the aisle side. I'm about 175cm tall (5'7").
Old Jul 14, 2016, 2:14 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Anybody tried the Throne seats? Should I go for those or the window seat with the table on the aisle side. I'm about 175cm tall (5'7").
I've been in EI's throne seats multiple times and if MH's is anything like it they're definitely the best choice if you don't mind the narrower footrest/"hole". I'm 1.8m and I was extremely comfortable.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lcpteck
I've done all 3 - 1,4,6K

They can be tight if you like to sleep on your back or bend your knees.

On a side note: the fleet is now 7

MTA,B,C,J,I,L and O.

Last edited by TGflyergirl; Aug 12, 2016 at 11:53 am
Old Jul 14, 2016, 9:20 am

Thanks for the comments, I'll try out both the throne and the single window seats just for the experience then.

I notice there's only 2 rows of Economy right behind business class. Anybody tried those yet?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Coathanger
Will be interesting to see if/how MH respond to my formal complaint.
You shouldn't expect anything more than "we're here to get you from point A to B, aircraft is subject to change depending on operational reason" - as you have gotten!
Old Jul 16, 2016, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
You shouldn't expect anything more than "we're here to get you from point A to B, aircraft is subject to change depending on operational reason" - as you have gotten!
That's true for all airlines... but looking at it now, MH seems to have refurbished their entire A330 fleet at lightning speed when compared with the likes of CX and TG !

How many more aircraft to go?
Old Jul 17, 2016, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
That's true for all airlines... but looking at it now, MH seems to have refurbished their entire A330 fleet at lightning speed when compared with the likes of CX and TG !

How many more aircraft to go?
They have 15 A333s, so with 7 done that's 8 more to go.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Depends on the quality of the airline.

It costs nothing to let Business Class passengers know in advance that an aircraft substitution is happening with an inferior product, and certainly to have the check in staff seat people so they have a pair of seats to themselves if possible.

Particularly if it had been impacting that specific flight for a week.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 11:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Accor Gold, SQ*G, MH Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador
any reason why they will not be planting the same seats for their supposedly premium A380s?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.