Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

New business class on MH A330 from April 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TGflyergirl
MH Business Class Schedule

Refurbished aircraft

9M-MTA
9M-MTB
9M-MTC
9M-MTD
9M-MTE
9M-MTF
9M-MTG
9M-MTH
9M-MTI
9M-MTJ
9M-MTL
9M-MTO
9M-MTM
9M-MTN
9M-MTK

The entire refurbishment exercise is now complete

Layout and seat block: (Link)

Seat: 44" / 112 cm pitch upright, 76" / 193 cm lie flat.
Print Wikipost

New business class on MH A330 from April 2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by asheby
Did you mean 4K? 3K doesn't exist on MH's A330-300s.
Sorry. It was actually 2K. My bad.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I had a couple of flights recently on the 333 between KUL and Australia. I sat in 6K on the way out and 5A on the way back. I thought I'd share my thoughts as a solo traveler.

As those of you who have flown the 333 know, there is no row 3.

The window side, console to the right seats are 2A, 5A, and 7A.

The aisle side, console to the left seats are 1A, 4A, and 6A.

The throne seats are 1K, 4K, and 6K.

The seat cushion itself is extremely comfortable in flat-bed mode. Not too hard, not too soft. One of the best in the business in that regard.

The throne seats have table spaces to the left and right and a nice storage cubbyhole to the side that will fit a purse, a small computer bag, or a pair of shoes; maybe even two of the aforementioned items. 1A, 4A, and 6A also have a useful side cubbyhole. 2A, 5A, and 7A, on the other hand, have almost no storage in bed mode. All seats do have some storage for small items in the headphone cubbyholes.

1A and 1K have larger foot wells than seats further aft because of the bulkhead. 2A, 5A, and 7A have reasonably-sized foot wells that are noticeably more spacious than the foot wells at the throne seats. I was pleasantly surprised how spacious the foot wells were for 2A, 5A, and 7A, expecting them to be much more cramped than they were.

For side sleepers, the narrowness of the seats at the shoulders in bed mode shouldn't be a problem. For back sleepers, it is. Somewhat surprisingly, I felt that the throne seat had slightly more room at the shoulders when in bed mode than the window side, console to the right seats. This may be because even though the left armrest at 2A, 5A, and 7A can be lowered most of the way, it unfortunately doesn't go all the way down where it could and should be flush with the seat in bed mode. Instead, it remains about four inches above the level of the bed, which is uncomfortable to the left arm when sleeping. The button to lower the left side armrest in these seats isn't the best design; look for a silver rectangle that needs to be pushed carefully to not pinch the finger at the base of the armrest about 1.5 inches from the rear of the armrest.

I didn't try out the aisle side, console to the left seats 1A, 4A, or 6A, so I can't really comment other than to say I wouldn't like being directly exposed to the aisle with no buffer when trying to sleep.

In sum, for the solo traveler, I believe the throne seats are the pick of the litter on the 333. 1K is the best seat, hands down, because of the extra space in the bulkhead foot pocket, with 4K and 6K the next best options for the solo traveler. Side sleepers should be happy with 2A, 5A, or 7A, if the lack of storage isn't a big issue.
Globaliser likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: BA GO, CX SL
Some interesting comments above. I've flown in both 5A and 4K a few times and I prefer 5A. The foot cubby and side benches create a boxed in feeling for me and I found it challenging to find a comfortable position in relax and sleeping modes. But I'm a person that doesn't like their feet tucked into sheets and always kick sheets loose when I first get into bed.

At least now there's a few experiences to help decide where to sit. If you know what kind of person you are when relaxing and sleeping, and know what you want to do when you fly, you can now make a more informed choice.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: NZ
I loved 1K ... so much personal space, storage space and great legroom. Felt more like First Class than Business
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by minz56
I loved 1K ... so much personal space, storage space and great legroom. Felt more like First Class than Business
Though not wide in terms of the seat but the leg/foot area is very spacious during sleeping mode.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Though not wide in terms of the seat but the leg/foot area is very spacious during sleeping mode.
Yup! I didn't have any problems sleeping 1A/K and I am 6-1
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@SAT Lawyer - I was very interested to read your detailed review of 333 seating in J class. Thank you for posting ^

Around a week ago I flew KUL-ADL, for which I had pre-booked 1A. I was unfamiliar with the intricacies of MH's configuration and simply followed the principle that 1A is rarely a bad choice on any carrier (Well ....mostly.....)

Whilst I had no issues whatever with catering or service, I was a tad disappointed to have the console to my left, and to 'lose' one of the available windows. I quickly deduced that 1K would have suited me better (as well as any of the other seats where the console is aisle-side). It was a full cabin with no opportunity to switch.

So, based on what I could see for myself - and as confirmed by your post - I have now switched from 1A to 1K for my return sector next month : the "best seat, hands down" ...as you say !

As an aside, I flew F in the A380 from LHR-KUL (and will be doing the return equivalent). In all respects, my experience was excellent. I am not in any way dismissing the concerns /issues voiced in several recent A380-related threads (notably : lengthy departure delays, cancellations, limited IFE options, less-than-sparkling cabins, unfulfilled CoC orders ....) but the fact is, I was unaffected by any of these. I found the service, catering & overall comfort to be near-faultless. It's true that the cabin decor is perhaps somewhat dated (vs the likes of Emirates F class) but with only eight seats - and just four occupied on my particular sector - I had no complaints whatever.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:05 am
Original Poster

I've done 23 sectors on the new seats... 1K is the fave as everyone says, but beyond that I differ from the "throne is best" line of thinking.

After 1K, i prefer 1A, then 1G,1D. The 4K and 6K thrones are only joint 5th because of the small footwell situation.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I'm happy, then, to have managed to secure 1K/1K for KUL-AKL-KUL (both overnight flights), and 6K/1K ICN-KUL-ICN (day flight and red-eye respectively).

All on one ticket as ICN-AKL business class return on the recent sale - very happy with the fare of KRW 1.35m or USD 1200 - typically the cost of a semi-flexible economy fare.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, OnBusiness, Eurostar C.Blanche
Malaysian A330 Row 9 - right behind the new business class -

Just in case you're curious/interested... row 9 is the place to be, forward of doors 2

Row 11 is similar as far as I saw, but behind doors 2 and does not have the private feel of the forward mini cabin, if that floats your boat

Row 9 - all seats
- All monitors in armrests
- All tables in Armrests
- No wall mounted babycot tables (á la BA)
- No fixed armrest Seats 9A, 9K and between 9E/F
- 40" between seat and wall in 9DEFG, 37" at 9AC/HK
Attached Images    

Last edited by Turboprince; Apr 25, 2017 at 5:51 am Reason: additional info to please all the nerds
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:53 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Turboprince
Just in case you're curious/interested... row 9 is the place to be, forward of doors 2

Row 11 is similar as far as I saw, but behind doors 2 and does not have the private feel of the forward mini cabin, if that floats your boat

Row 9 - all seats
- All tables in Armrests
Nice clean pics! Flew this last year August on the day flight connecting to NRT for the return on the night flight and thought it was great, a redemption booking on Enrich at that, ample personal space, good access to f&b, and the bathrooms!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
I flew on the new MH A330 business class cabin for the first time last week. Overall I though it was a pretty good product, especially for the price. However, can any of you regulars explain why MH decided in their infinite wisdom to only have one lavatory in business?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Too much travel
I flew on the new MH A330 business class cabin for the first time last week. Overall I though it was a pretty good product, especially for the price. However, can any of you regulars explain why MH decided in their infinite wisdom to only have one lavatory in business?
There's actualy 2.5 lavatories for business class.
You probably have visited the one in front of the cabin.

The second one is on the starboard side - outside of the business cabin and behind row 10. This is stocked with business class amenities and is usually locked/ reseved by the crew for business class pax. (But if there is no crew manning the galley in that area, anybody in Y could sneak in to use it)

The "third" one is on the port side, also behind row 10. This one has economy class amenities.

Rows 9 and 10 were originally meant to be Economy Plus cabin and perhaps the idea was they could share the lavatories behind row 10 with business class pax. But MH seems to have abandoned this Y+ idea, and thus the odd arrangement with the lavatories.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by Too much travel
They have 2 towards the back if memory serves me correct and 1 at the front (or was it 2).

I am pretty sure it isn't just one lavatory on the 330.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Turboprince

Row 9 - all seats
- All tables in Armrests
Last year, before all A330 are refurbished, I chose row 9 during OLCI but was met with a beep on the BP at the gate. Suffice to say my whole family are not happy as we are relegated to the back of the plane instead. Seems row 9 is very nice for Y passengers. I did manage to snag 11AB and GH on the return which is great too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.