Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

MH - Any J class lounge in Krabi (KBV)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

Flying J class Krabi - KUL on MH. Have checked oneworld.com and lounge access (Royal Orchid) is only showing for Finnair J class passengers.

Does MH not contract a lounge at KBV or is it just an omission?

Many thanks,

BH
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:00 am

Programs: BA-Gld, BD Lifetime Gld, LH Pleb, *Wd GPG, HH-Dmd, Amex: can take their Cent card and <CENSORED>
Originally Posted by bananahead
Hi all,

Flying J class Krabi - KUL on MH. Have checked oneworld.com and lounge access (Royal Orchid) is only showing for Finnair J class passengers.

Does MH not contract a lounge at KBV or is it just an omission?

Many thanks,

BH
Admittedly, I may be way out of date on this (last time in KBV was some years ago), but....

Lounge???? Krabi???

This is a small airport, two gates and a few stands - about the size of a large barn. When I was there, the only "lounge" (apart from the special VVIP room for certain exalted personages that we cannot mention here) was a small roped off area of the snack bar, with the primary amenities being chairs and tables.

If you are looking for free-flowing champagne and freshly cooked noodles, y'all are in the wrong airport!

Ken.

Willard the Bear - Hey! I liked Krabi airport! it was bear-sized!!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:19 am
Original Poster

I already know for 100% that there is a Thai Airways lounge at the airport. Also know for sure that OneWorld partner Finnair has access to it. But does MH?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
I'm pretty sure they were handing out lounge passes to the TG lounge to bonafide J passengers, but not OW status. My experience with TG domestic lounges are that they are only marginally better than the airport.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks lokijuh. All i'm hoping for is a bean-to-cup coffee machine and some aircon. And I will be happy :-)

The arrival experience at KBV was awful. Got to the immigration hall - of the 14 counters available TWO were open. And a Tigerair flight had landed just before ours. Two and a half hours to clear immigration.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF

KBV does have a TG lounge. No experience with MH there, but at HKT, MH did give a oneworld emerald traveling in Y (me) a lounge invite that came with a security/immigration fast-track service. This was last year.

Bananahead- I flew in/out of KBV on TR a few weeks back. The departure experience was equally painful ...(~45mins queue on the way in and ~1.5hrs on the way out - we did get 'lucky' on arrival as they 'opened' a new counter near the visa on arrival desk just as we were getting done with our forms).

In case you don't get lounge access, there is a restaurant/cafe run by TG right next to the TG lounge..can't comment on the coffee, but the air-conditioning was decent imho (and I like things cold).
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, Flying Blue Gold, MH Enrich Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
We flew in J (and emerald status) from Krabi to KL. They gave us access to the TG lounge. The lounge is comfortable but the food and drinks options are poor: food uneatable and only soft drinks.
The flight from Krabi was fine but it is one of those flight (like most flight bellow 3 hours) where MH carries only 1 bottle of Champagne in J for 16 passengers. So, if you want some, ask immediately! They always run out! I guess it is a consistent product
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all :-)

We were invited to the TG lounge and were pleasantly surprised. Plenty of comfy seating and the place was EMPTY. We didn't stay too long though as the lounge is located landside and we wanted to allow plenty of time for immigration and security after the painful episode on the way in. In honesty though it wasn't too bad and we didn't have to line up long.

FlyingYan I don't think there would have been a problem with champagne. We flew MH on four short sectos (KUL-KBV-KUL and KUL-DPS-KUL) and on each one there was no more than two or three other passengers in J. Actually none of the flights were even half full for the whole aircraft. It actually made me feel a little sad for MH :-( Their crew were all lovely but I guess they can see that their airline is going to go through big changes soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.