Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: clubeurope
MHUPGRADE SUCCESSFUL UPGRADE OFFER PRICES
(origin - destination, offer price accepted, post #)

ECONOMY to BUSINESS
KUL - ADL SGD250 #203
KUL - AKL USD325 #447
KUL - BKK SGD80 #70
KUL - BKK USD65 #450
KUL - CAN MYR345 #358
KUL - CMB MYR576 #686
KUL - CGK USD60 #153
KUL - CGK MYR220 #230
KUL - DAC MYR551 #112
KUL - DPS SGD80 #70
KUL - DPS AUD75 #114
KUL - HAN AUD90 #209
KUL - HKG MYR480 #393
KUL - HKT USD50
KUL - HYD GBP90 #54
KUL - HYD USD90 #452
KUL - ICN SGD140
KUL - ICN MYR402 #343
KUL - ICN EUR120 #354
KUL - KIX MYR452 #472
KUL - KUA MYR143 #349
KUL - KCH MYR150 #287
KUL - LGK MYR263 #505
KUL - LHR MYR3,350 #67
KUL - MEL MYR1,005 #262
KUL - MEL MYR1300
KUL - PEK MYR345 #338
KUL - PEN MYR170 #268
KUL - PER GBP135 #309
KUL - PER USD150 #335
KUL - PER MYR524 #336
KUL - PNH MYR200 #404
KUL - PVG SGD120 #30, 225
KUL - PVG USD105 #169, 217
KUL - REP MYR150 #123
KUL - RGN MYR305 #333
KUL - SGN MYR210 #141
KUL - SIN MYR30 #52
KUL - SIN SGD50 #267
KUL - SYD SGD300 #267

AMS - KUL GBP450 #152
BKK - KUL GBP80 #54
BKK - KUL USD65 #452
BNE - KUL AUD215 #2
BWN - KUL USD60 #394
CAN - KUL MYR350 #358
DAC - KUL USD120 #479
DPS - KUL AUD70 #121
DPS - KUL USD60 #216
DXB - KUL USD200
HKG - KUL SGD120 #53
HKG - KUL HKD810 #266
HKG - KUL HKD805 #290
HKT - KUL MYR30 #52
HKT - KUL NZD55 #447
HYD - KUL USD90 #450
ICN - KUL SGD140
JHB - KUL MYR100
KIX - KUL MYR452 #445
KCH - BKI MYR200 #344
KCH - KUL MYR150 #287
LGK - KUL GBP20 #44
LGK - KUL MYR263 #505
MAA - KUL SGD125 #163
MEL - KUL AUD230 #1
MEL - KUL AUD305 #140
MEL - KUL AUD480 #16
MEL - KUL AUD400 #312
MEL - KUL MYR1,300 #312
MNL - KUL USD140 #482
MYY - KUL MYR270 #715
PEK - KUL MYR500 #323
PEK - KUL GBP80 #332
PEK - KUL MYR345 #340
PER - KUL USD160 #350
PVG - KUL USD105 #167
REP - KUL USD45 #334
RGN - KUL USD65 #506
SDK - KUL MYR150 #154
SGN - KUL MYR200 #141
SIN - KUL SGD85 #213
SIN - KUL SGD50 #267
SYD - KUL AUD260 #172, 208
SYD - KUL AUD300 #456
SYD - KUL AUD330 #215
SYD - KUL AUD400 #468
SYD - KUL MYR810 #325
TPE - KUL SGD110 #391

BUSINESS to FIRST
KUL - CDG MYR5,000 #67
LHR - KUL USD2,750 #4

MHUpgrade is MH's implementation of Plusgrade's bid on an upgrade platform.
  • You can check if your itinerary is eligible for bidding on an upgrade (most are) on MH's website here, but it typically takes 24-48 hours after the ticket is issued for the itinerary to be in Plusgrade's system
  • You cannot bid for flights departing within 72 hours
  • Minimum bids are dynamically set based on various factors, and don't appear to change as you get closer to flight departure
  • Tip: If you're bidding the minimum, you should consider making the bid in USD unless bidding in your home currency avoids credit card costs that are higher than the difference in pricing (see this post)
  • Bid amounts can be changed or withdrawn up to 72 hours from flight departure. It does not appear that you can update the credit card number
  • Accepted bids will be processed within the 72 hours window, generally prior to 48 hours to departure
  • If your bid is accepted:
    • The credit card will be charged
    • You will be rebooked in "I" class for business class, "P" class for first class
    • You will receive an email notification from Plusgrade
    • You will receive an email with your new eTicket from the airline
  • Within MH Enrich, mileage accrual is based on the fare class on your original ticket. For partner programs, without manual intervention, your mileage accrual is based on the class you've been rebooked into, not the one from your original ticket. Retro claims based on original booking may be required, it is unclear yet if they will be accepted or not.
    • Note that "I" earns nothing, including no segment credits or tier points (it's as if you never took the flight) on AA, BA, CX, and probably other carriers (check your program's information), so from a frequent flyer standpoint you might end up worse off
    • There are multiple reports from multiple users in this thread that mileage on partner programs (BA) will be credited based on the earning rates (if any) from original booking class, following manual intervention/claim.
  • Please read MH's FAQs
Print Wikipost

MHUpgrade option, anyone tried it?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: Enrich, Krisflyer
Successful upgrade for KUL - NRT sector. T-72

It's been a while since my upgrade is successful and I also notice a clause stated that:
  1. Please note that due to our system upgrade, we will no longer reissue a new upgrade ticket. However you may present your original booking, the EMD and this confirmation email to our check-in counter on the day of your flight departure.
  2. Please also note that due to our system upgrade, you will not be able to perform web check-in or use the check-in kiosk at the airport. Please proceed to our check-in counter with the above mentioned documents.
Does anyone tried to do web check-in and seat selection for biz class upgrade before? Previously, MH will issued a new ticket for the upgrade but now seems not the case anymore. I would prefer to check-in and select my seats online rather than at the counter.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:20 pm

Despite advice saying that you can't do an online check-in, I was able to do so. I was also able to do a seat selection beforehand.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:31 pm

Thanks for the info. I guess I will try out when the web check in is open.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: EK Silver
Originally Posted by L_Travel
Successful upgrade for KUL - NRT sector. T-72

It's been a while since my upgrade is successful and I also notice a clause stated that:
  1. Please note that due to our system upgrade, we will no longer reissue a new upgrade ticket. However you may present your original booking, the EMD and this confirmation email to our check-in counter on the day of your flight departure.
  2. Please also note that due to our system upgrade, you will not be able to perform web check-in or use the check-in kiosk at the airport. Please proceed to our check-in counter with the above mentioned documents.
Does anyone tried to do web check-in and seat selection for biz class upgrade before? Previously, MH will issued a new ticket for the upgrade but now seems not the case anymore. I would prefer to check-in and select my seats online rather than at the counter.
With the new move to Amadeus you will no longer receive a new ticketing email.
Once you receive the upgrade confirmation page, you should be able to go under Manage my Booking if OLCI is yet to open and select the J seats as I've done so recently. The online check in will reflect your upgraded cabin so it shouldn't be an issue.

What was the minimum bid and how much did you bid KUL-NRT for?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by nedelk
With the new move to Amadeus you will no longer receive a new ticketing email.
Once you receive the upgrade confirmation page, you should be able to go under Manage my Booking if OLCI is yet to open and select the J seats as I've done so recently. The online check in will reflect your upgraded cabin so it shouldn't be an issue.

What was the minimum bid and how much did you bid KUL-NRT for?
KUL-NRT Minimum bid is SGD330. Successful bid SGD380
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:21 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tuxedo66
With my successful KUL-AKL upgrade at NZD515, it turned out to be a disaster. Seated in 1K on a full flight, the seat wouldn't recline due to a power supply problem. The crew manually released the seat but to try convert it into the flatbed position. But the furthest it would go was a recline similar to a shorthaul Business seat. And the Beef Cheek meal turned out as tough as boots; the knife couldn't even sink into it. It was inedible (I'm not exaggerating as I'm very easy to feed). But the crew were excellent.

I emailed in a complaint the day after arrival and haven't heard back (except from an automated acknowledgement). I've now disputed the charge partially on my credit card as "Defective Product". Let's see how this goes.

Any opinions as to how much is a reasonable amount to dispute?
Pardon me, just my personal opinion, but, are you really disputing this? Technically, you did pay for a service (as opposed to a product), and hence you did 'consume' it. I could understand that you couldn't 'consume' or use a defective product, which would entitle you to a refund... but, I'm not too sure the same notion applies to services like flights and flight upgrades IMHO.

Additionally, I'd imagine sitting in a broken 1K seat is better than being in economy... especially at the (supposedly) relatively cheaper price you've paid for the upgrade as opposed to outright paying for J. Whilst, I could understand asking for compensation, I find it rather hard to understand disputing the original upgrade cost.

Again, just my opinion.

cheers
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:37 pm

I only disputed it (partial amount) with the card company after not having the courtesy of a reply from the airline after a month. The bid price was only slightly less than a commercial Business Class seat purchased in advance on promotion. And I think the lower price reflects the "standby" nature of last minute upgrade. For a night flight, I value the seat more than any kind of inflight service. Best wishes for the Christmas and New Year :-)

Last edited by tuxedo66; Dec 21, 2017 at 5:38 pm Reason: clarification
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:55 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tuxedo66
I only disputed it (partial amount) with the card company after not having the courtesy of a reply from the airline after a month. The bid price was only slightly less than a commercial Business Class seat purchased in advance on promotion. And I think the lower price reflects the "standby" nature of last minute upgrade. For a night flight, I value the seat more than any kind of inflight service. Best wishes for the Christmas and New Year :-)
I respect your opinion, and understand your disappointment, though I still stand by my opinion. All the best for this to be quickly rectified, and best wishes for the Christmas and New Year too!
tuxedo66 likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 2:35 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Product not delivered as charged for, plenty of evidence of lie-flat seat being advertised.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by clubeurope
Pardon me, just my personal opinion, but, are you really disputing this? Technically, you did pay for a service (as opposed to a product), and hence you did 'consume' it. I could understand that you couldn't 'consume' or use a defective product, which would entitle you to a refund... but, I'm not too sure the same notion applies to services like flights and flight upgrades IMHO.

Additionally, I'd imagine sitting in a broken 1K seat is better than being in economy... especially at the (supposedly) relatively cheaper price you've paid for the upgrade as opposed to outright paying for J. Whilst, I could understand asking for compensation, I find it rather hard to understand disputing the original upgrade cost.

Again, just my opinion.

cheers
of course he should dispute it, I would dispute the full charge if paid for by credit card. The seat was not functional in business class, completely unacceptable. It doesn’t matter whether it’s better than being in economy the passenger paid more.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by haroon145
of course he should dispute it, I would dispute the full charge if paid for by credit card.
So you’re basically saying the OP should get a free upgrade?
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
He only sat in the business class cabin. We all know how " special" food drink and service are in J on MH. OP should be refunded full.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Originally Posted by ashkale
He only sat in the business class cabin. We all know how " special" food drink and service are in J on MH. OP should be refunded full.
Finally someone who agrees that MH J’s food offering is special! I find their satay service to be absolutely divine.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
HI,
i have a coach ticket NRT-KUL tonight and I have submitted an upgrade offer. However we are T-13 hours and I have not heard anything, and the seatmap shows only 1 seat open plus 1 blocked. Should I give up hope?

Last edited by oneworld82; Jan 25, 2018 at 3:13 pm
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by oneworld82
HI,
i have a coach ticket NRT-KUL tonight and I have submitted an upgrade offer. However we are T-13 hours and I have not heard anything, and the seatmap shows only 1 seat open plus 1 blocked. Should I give up hope?
Have you checked your booking and your credit card? I seem to recall being upgraded once and not receiving anything from MH. Otherwise you can check the status at the airport. I wouldn't give up hope yet....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.