Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Early Check in for Malaysia Airlines at Changi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, OneWorld (BA) Emerald

A colleague and I are traveling around the globe in August with work. We leave our hotel in Singapore at 11am for afternoon meetings and then a flight to KUL in the evening. To save us carrying our bags to the meetings would it be possible to check them in at SIN at 11am, for an 19:00 flight?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Have a similar/related question: can you check-in your bags in Changi the night before, for an early morning flight the next day? Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
http://www.changiairport.com/passeng...early-check-in

if an airline won't accept your luggage when you want to check in, and you plan leaving the airport in the intervening hours without wanting to bring your luggage, you should visit the left luggage offices

http://www.changiairport.com/passeng...eck-in/baggage
Old Jun 26, 2014, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by bluegreentravel
Have a similar/related question: can you check-in your bags in Changi the night before, for an early morning flight the next day? Thanks!
SQ you can. I don't think any other airlines accept it the day before.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
MH have a permanent counter at Row 9 at T2 (If i remember correctly).

So you should be able to check-in with your luggage for a same day flight. Problem is I'm not sure what time their counter opens or if you're able to check-in the night before like SQ.

Whoever is riding MH soon, please ask the check-in agents and post here, thanks.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH

The check in counters for MH are open all day until the last flight leaves. So you can check in at 11am for a 7pm flight.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: EK GOLD, AZ FRECCIA ALATA, PR ELITE
Sorry for necroing this post. Anyone here has an idea if they will accept check-in for flights on the next day? My flight is MH602 which leaves at 6AM, we plan to check-in around 8pm the day before, go past immigration and just sleep at a transit hotel (it gives us more sleep). We would then also have chance to visit OW lounges inside.

Thanks.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines Krisflyer, IHG One Rewards, Marriot Bonvoy, Wyndham Rewards
Yes, you can. I did this for my my holiday in 2015. As mentioned by above poster, row 8 or 9 at T2 is MAS permanent counter. It opens from 0430 till last flight.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by hashim17
Yes, you can. I did this for my my holiday in 2015. As mentioned by above poster, row 8 or 9 at T2 is MAS permanent counter. It opens from 0430 till last flight.
Just to update, MH check-in counters have moved to T2 Row 2.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by odin09
My flight is MH602 which leaves at 6AM, we plan to check-in around 8pm the day before, go past immigration and just sleep at a transit hotel (it gives us more sleep). We would then also have chance to visit OW lounges inside.
The only OW lounge worth visiting in SIN is the QF lounge at T1, which doesn't open until 2 or 3pm. MH uses the SATS lounge which is adequate at best. Certainly nothing worth going out of your way for.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by SilverChris
The only OW lounge worth visiting in SIN is the QF lounge at T1, which doesn't open until 2 or 3pm. MH uses the SATS lounge which is adequate at best. Certainly nothing worth going out of your way for.
Yes, that's why we would check-in the night before (8 or so PM) such that QF lounge will be opened. My wife hasn't been inside QF lounge and nowadays, she is will to go out of our way just to visit a lounge given that we have enough time.

Originally Posted by hashim17
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Just to update, MH check-in counters have moved to T2 Row 2.
Noted. Thanks to both of you!
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:55 am

Just to give an update. I tried to ask a check-in agent at SIN if they could check me on the earliest morning flight the next day, they said no and they could only check-in for flights of current day.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by odin09
Just to give an update. I tried to ask a check-in agent at SIN if they could check me on the earliest morning flight the next day, they said no and they could only check-in for flights of current day.
Okay so it's based on current day only, thanks for the update.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:51 pm

No other alternative solutions? It is better to spend a night inside the airport than hanging around outside.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by EK004 Regular
A colleague and I are traveling around the globe in August with work. We leave our hotel in Singapore at 11am for afternoon meetings and then a flight to KUL in the evening. To save us carrying our bags to the meetings would it be possible to check them in at SIN at 11am, for an 19:00 flight?

Yes you certainly can. Counters should be open so it should not be a problem. Have done this myself as well in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.