Old May 8, 2014, 10:58 pm

I wish united would give out those lol
Old May 9, 2014, 12:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
MH Post Flight Survey

Wow ... Really ?
Old May 9, 2014, 1:09 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

The fact is that appearance matters, and weight affects appearance. The US and other western countries are now so politically correct that it is taboo to mention these things, and feminist groups would no doubt raise objections about discrimination and such. Other countries with different cultures may not brush this under the rug like we do. But I bet that if someone did a scientific study, it would show that passengers do care about weight of cabin crew, whether they are aware of it or not.
Old May 9, 2014, 2:44 am

MH Post Flight Survey

Too true. In my recent BA flight SIN-LHR, it was a mixed crew flight. The Asian cabin crew based out of Singapore were young, fit and vibrant. While the English crew were overweight and some looked unkempt and lethargic!
Old May 9, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by cbn42
The fact is that appearance matters, and weight affects appearance. The US and other western countries are now so politically correct that it is taboo to mention these things, and feminist groups would no doubt raise objections about discrimination and such. Other countries with different cultures may not brush this under the rug like we do. But I bet that if someone did a scientific study, it would show that passengers do care about weight of cabin crew, whether they are aware of it or not.
You assume it's a survey about only female cabin crew? Or would the feminist groups protect men as well?
Old May 9, 2014, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Oh my - if US-based they'd be in court by now.
Old May 9, 2014, 9:35 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in Other Asian Airlines Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.