Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

how to contact Malaysia Air for rebooking info for a passenger currently in transit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how to contact Malaysia Air for rebooking info for a passenger currently in transit?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, Qantas
Question how to contact Malaysia Air for rebooking info for a passenger currently in transit?

My sister's husband is flying MEL-KUL-LHR, the first leg on MH 148 on Tuesday 12th March that departed 4 hours late from Melbourne, so he missed the connection to MH2 that night.

Unfortunately he has no phone (because he is moving between countries) and more unfortunately he left his wallet in Australia so has no cards on him and perhaps no money. We assume this is why he has not contacted her to tell her his new flight details/lack thereof, even though he landed at KL several hours ago. Obviously she is keen to know when he will arrive - how can we contact Malaysia Airlines to ask about his new flight booking? The itinerary was all booked through her work, but they are not usually very responsive so she doesn't expect them to get back to her any time soon.

(Seems plausible that he will be put on MH 004, after the worlds worst 11 hour layover with no money! Would the airline be likely to have provided him with meal vouchers or even a short hotel stay?)
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Do you have access to his PNR? Typically flights would be updated online. If not can you contact his work to get the PNR? Seeing its been nearly 24 hours since your post- hope you figured something out.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, Qantas
Thanks for the response! I ended up just calling the Malaysia international number and asking - I didn't really expect that to work (The Internet said it wouldn't, especially as I didn't have his booking number or anything) but they just gave me his new flight number straight up when I gave his name. As expected, he was on the flight 11 hours later. Very useful to know that they would normally be updated online, too.

My sister tried calling the London offices for Air Malaysia and was transferred then disconnected, presumably an accident but she was a little discouraged by that.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jacalata
Thanks for the response! I ended up just calling the Malaysia international number and asking - I didn't really expect that to work (The Internet said it wouldn't, especially as I didn't have his booking number or anything) but they just gave me his new flight number straight up when I gave his name. As expected, he was on the flight 11 hours later. Very useful to know that they would normally be updated online, too.

My sister tried calling the London offices for Air Malaysia and was transferred then disconnected, presumably an accident but she was a little discouraged by that.
Glad it worked out ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.