Search

MH Equipment - KUL - MNL - KUL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Meow Mix
MH Equipment - KUL - MNL - KUL

Hi Guys,

Got my first trip coming up with MH in a couple of weeks and was just curious to see what equipment they use on the flight to MNL from KUL.

From KVS it states that it is a 738 but not sure which 738:

166 Seats ML
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/cont..._800_ML_lo.pdf

or

160 Seats MX
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/cont..._800_MX_lo.pdf

At the moment I have both 1A and 3A booked but I am not sure whether they are good seats for the cabin due to the difference of the Galley on both configurations.

Any regulars on this route?

/AE
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Ah silly me, for months I have been trying to figure this question out but I think I have just cracked it.

The difference between the two configs is one has 29 as the last row in Y and the other has 30 as the last row in Y.

Just checked both of them and it is the MX configuration that is used on this route.

Hope this helps for future travellers.

/AE
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:25 pm

Be careful - all seatmaps in expertflyer or any GDS will always show the 29 rows, regardless of whether it's an MX, FF or ML, or MS bird operating. There is NO pattern to it though, unfortunately. In J, I definitely like your seat choice if it's an ML/FF bird -(there is one exception MLE, but unlikely you'll get that bird)
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
I agree that there's no pattern on what 738 they would use. I fly this route frequently, and always have no clue on what I would fly. The check-in staff are usually not helpful too - they usually don't know that there's a difference between a new and leased 738.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:41 pm

I think I should write up a short guide on those 738's - unfortunately, because there is no pattern you can discern from the seat map, it'll pretty much be useless until Check-in , at which time you may or may not be able to change seats....
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Be careful - all seatmaps in expertflyer or any GDS will always show the 29 rows, regardless of whether it's an MX, FF or ML, or MS bird operating. There is NO pattern to it though, unfortunately. In J, I definitely like your seat choice if it's an ML/FF bird -(there is one exception MLE, but unlikely you'll get that bird)
Thanks for this!

Originally Posted by bluegreentravel
I agree that there's no pattern on what 738 they would use. I fly this route frequently, and always have no clue on what I would fly. The check-in staff are usually not helpful too - they usually don't know that there's a difference between a new and leased 738.
I won't bother asking at check in then! I should just ask what is the last row of Y and I can either get 1A or 1F or if not just select anything but the first row!

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
I think I should write up a short guide on those 738's - unfortunately, because there is no pattern you can discern from the seat map, it'll pretty much be useless until Check-in , at which time you may or may not be able to change seats....
If only we had a dedicated MH forum so we can start pooling this kind of Info. I suspect questions / reviews / any information about MH will start to grow due to the new alliance. I know I am definitely writing a TR about the flight to help fellow FT'ers!

/AE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.