Search

MH 777-200, Biz Row 5

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2013, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
MH 777-200, Biz Row 5

Hello,

I'm selecting seats for an upcoming flight. Anyone familiar with the business seats in row 5 on MH's 777-200? It is a bulk ahead row but is behind the galley and isolated from the rest of business.

See configuration map here

I'm wondering, (1) if economy passengers are generally able to enter this area during flight to use the toilet?; (2) if there is any storage under these biz class seat since it appears there is no one behind row 5?; and, (3) how is it that the economy seats are also bulkhead seats? Is there a solid wall between row 5 business and row 11 economy.

Thanks for any wisdom from MH frequent flyers.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
(1) Economy passengers shouldn't be allowed into the J cabin toilets. A curtain will be pulled and fastened to partition off the Y and J cabins. You will however get staring gazes at you during boarding from passengers in Y.

(2) There is no storage space per se on any of the J seats essentially because there isn't a "under" for the seats. They're shell seats and all items mustn't block the leg area in front of you during landing and take off. Heres a link to a picture of the section and seats at hand. There are overhead compartments for your hand carry luggage. Storage isn't usually a problem though unlike some BA domestic legs.

(3) Yes, there is a solid wall between rows 5 and 11. So yes, row 11 of Y will be a bulkhead.

Hope that helps.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
I like it. Nice quiet and private. No so good because you are asked your meal choices a little later. Fish option on MH always runs out fast. Not an issue for me because I am not a fussy eater, and the crew usually asks me for my choice first. (Status perhaps)

On long haul flights, 5HK are for crew.

I don't usually have problems with Y class passengers coming in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.