Wiki Posts
Search

MH now selling lounge access at KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond

Passed through KLIA recently (Satellite Terminal), and I noticed a sign advertising paid lounge access. It either just started, or is only sold during slow non peak times (I pass through a lot, and I had never seen it before. But a sign was on the counter, access could be bought for I believe 150 MYR, approximately 50 USD, for access to the Biz side.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:20 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AF/KL Gold, 1865 Voyager, Le Club Platinum, HHonors Gold
I noticed this too the other week when passing through on my way to ADL, the regional lounge also sells access for 120MYR.

Hope this isn't advertised too heavily outside of the lounge, it could and would attract an unattractive element into an otherwise sanctuary...
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:31 am
Kyo

Programs: Ex-BD55 + KF*G + BA Gold + IC RA(?) + OZ*G + SPG*P
How would this reflect on OneWorld..?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 2:22 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
this must be new. I last went through there at the end of March and inquired about how two passengers with me who didn't qualify for access on status or class of service could get in - one had to stay outside as I could only bring one guest and one-time paid access was not available.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Passed through KLIA recently (Satellite Terminal), and I noticed a sign advertising paid lounge access.
Do you remember were the lounge is located? Couldn't find the lounge on my last stopover at KLIA in march. IMHO 150 MYR is a bit too pricey
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kyo
How would this reflect on OneWorld..?
AA sells day passes to their lounge, I'm willing to bet other carriers do as well. I've only been to the biz side once, and I ran out, it was wall to wall packed. Very happy with the first lounge.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Frederik123
Do you remember were the lounge is located? Couldn't find the lounge on my last stopover at KLIA in march. IMHO 150 MYR is a bit too pricey
MH has lounges in both the Main and Satellite terminals. In Satellite terminal it is located above gates C1-C6...
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Frederik123
As Penguinmoon said it's above gate C1. When you get off the train turn 180 degrees and look up.

Continue to walk to your right and you will see some signage along with a lift which will take you up to the level where the lounge is located.

Small price to pay if you've got a lengthy layover..
Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:44 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
Didn't see it in late May. Must be very new.

What time were the both of you passing through when you saw the signs?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 7:55 am

June 9th saw it at both Regional and Satellite Golden Lounges (around 6pm) and again on the 18th (around 7am)...

On the 18th the regional lounge was quite full, with the Australian High Commissioner and his entourage taking up a few lounges...

Last edited by Gunnar Smithsen; Jun 20, 2013 at 8:27 pm Reason: Timings of entering the lounge...
Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Last week; around 8 am. I was very surprises bc I have seen the lounge in the evening; it is packed.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 5:04 am

50USD for unlimited beer. I think I can drink my money worth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.