MH3601 PEK-KUL BREAKFAST
Print Wikipost

MH : Chef on Call for F/J passengers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by poopbunny
Another failed CoC.

Booked about 1 month in advance, rang Call Center who put my request through. They sent me an updated Itinerary with CoC meal reference.

Boarded the plane, then nothing. I asked FA, they said mine was not loaded. Happens quite often, then suggested I write in and complain.
What route is this?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by SilverChris
What route is this?
AKL - KUL
Old May 1, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
So a quick update re: CoC meals ex-LHR
It seems there was an abrupt change in caterer at LHR (late Mar/early Apr.), so CoC meal requests could not be fulfilled. Regular meals in both Y & J were being prepared & catered though not as per the menu cards so these weren't distributed for flights ex-LHR.
I guess the new caterer didn't have enough time before/during the takeover to learn to prep all CoC meals.
Hopefully this will be sorted this month. Perhaps someone who recently took the flights can report back.
I did enjoy the grilled ribeye & grilled filet mignon meals but the timing of the 1st meal service was a little off.
Ex-KUL (MH 002) was a late night dep. (23:15hrs) but there was a full supper + satay service.
I think really what everyone wanted was to either skip the meal or have a light supper & go straight to bed
By the time it ended & cabin lights were dimmed, it was approx. 2 hours after dep.
Old May 26, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Updated the wiki with the new menus. Choices significantly cut for the J menu, F menu remains similar out of LHR but cut out of KUL it seems. No new dishes and PER is now excepted from CoC ex-Aus.

Last edited by asheby; May 26, 2017 at 11:32 am
Old May 27, 2017, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by asheby
Updated the wiki with the new menus. Choices significantly cut for the J menu, F menu remains similar out of LHR but cut out of KUL it seems. No new dishes and PER is now excepted from CoC ex-Aus.
Wow the J menu has been significantly downsized.
Old May 27, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Yes, that really is quite a downsizing.

I flew F from LHR to KUL at the very end of March, onwards to ADL in J, and then back to LHR again (same routing) just a couple of weeks or so ago. I did use CoC for both F sectors, and for one of the Aussie legs.

Can remember thinking that the sheer number of CoC options for F was almost bewilderingly large ; and even after the revisions there still seems enough to cover most tastes. That said, more choice is always better than less, so these cuts are not especially welcome. Specifically I don't see (?) any dessert options in the updated menus - which I'm sure were previously available.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Any recommendations for ex-KUL and ex-LHR in Business Class?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Talking

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Any recommendations for ex-KUL and ex-LHR in Business Class?
This is very subjective but I've always enjoyed the lamb shank ex-KUL. Glad to see that it wasn't dropped ^
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
This is very subjective but I've always enjoyed the lamb shank ex-KUL. Glad to see that it wasn't dropped ^
Always disappointed with the lamb shank. But I think it's just personal taste maybe.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Ordered Cod Papilotte for my upcoming MH2 KUL-LHR flight. Had to call the hotline as the online booking system was down, long wait though.

Previously I tried the Lamb Loin dishes, meat was always tough...
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
+1. Love the ex-KUL lamb shank.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by dfs24
+1. Love the ex-KUL lamb shank.
Yes, I love it - but not for breakfast at 9am.

Is it me, or is the 'Chef On Call meals' service totally barking?

Take my recent KUL-SYD.

Late departure out of KUL, in J, I still had high hopes of my Lamb Shank for dinner.

No dice, it was Chicken Satay, or nothing. I was told my CoC was not loaded, and there were no menu cards either. I just put it down to another MH cutback. Only one drinks round either, and I had to go up to the galley to ask for another wine.

Light snap on at 3 hours before landing, for the breakfast. An hour later I get a dry bowl of muesli, and have to ring the bell to ask for milk. At which point I ask if there is anything else for breakfast and told I can have a croissant. I get that but crew vanish in a flash again so I press the bell and ask if I can have some butter, and maybe jam? I'm then shown a hand written list, on which are also pancakes or noodles. Great, finally get something hot, not that the crew were volunteering the information.

As it's cleared I say its a shame my CoC never made it, and I was told it's still in the galley, but "I chose the pancakes so I can't have it now". I really put my foot down, and insisted on it.

So, an hour before landing, the crew finally brought me my lamb shank, and scolded me repeating that CoC meals are only for breakfast. But not if you choose any other meal. But here's my lamb anyway.

So I got my (cold) lamb, at 9am in the morning.

Madness.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:30 pm

Child's Meal in Business?

We will be traveling with our 3 yr old in business (LHR - KUL) and am wondering if we should order a child's meal for him. Anyone with experience on what a child's meal looks like in business for this flight?

Thanks,
bacxow
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:22 pm

I wasn't offered a child's meal for my 2-year-old when I flew to KUL from LHR in April. In fact, when I tried to do CoC online I wasn't even offered a meal for her, in either direction, (J out, F return).
When I phoned up they sorted it out immediately. However there were no specific children's meals so I got her something from the normal menu to pick at and throw on the floor.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by ppp909
However there were no specific children's meals so I got her something from the normal menu to pick at and throw on the floor.
I certainly hope that wasn't literal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.