MH360 KUL-PEK DINNER
MH3601 PEK-KUL BREAKFAST
Print Wikipost

MH : Chef on Call for F/J passengers

Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
About to book chef on call:
2 questions:

1. How many meals are served on MH123 KUL-SYD ? I can't find any breakfast menu.
2. Our return trip is 3 months later, do we have to book for the return leg now?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by Ausriver
About to book chef on call:
2 questions:

1. How many meals are served on MH123 KUL-SYD ? I can't find any breakfast menu.
2. Our return trip is 3 months later, do we have to book for the return leg now?
Can't help you with #1, but for #2, you can book the return leg now, but you have to call in. The website only allows to book your meals 30 days in advance.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by doctorjosh
The available list shows up when you actually order the Chef-on-call online.
I'd go with the lobster when travelling in F. It was excellent!
Anyone have a URL for this? I can't seem to find it on their site.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by phuket_j
Anyone have a URL for this? I can't seem to find it on their site.
It's in the wikipost.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
It's in the wikipost.
Thanks, good thing it wasn't a snake or it would have bit me!
Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
I have a return flight booked next week KUL-ICN. I have been offered Chef on Call and received an email this week. I can click though to the order page, but when I get there there are no choices pictured under "Lunch" and "Breakfast" (for each leg). It asks me to select a meal but there is nothing to select. Any ideas?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by ozzie
I have a return flight booked next week KUL-ICN. I have been offered Chef on Call and received an email this week. I can click though to the order page, but when I get there there are no choices pictured under "Lunch" and "Breakfast" (for each leg). It asks me to select a meal but there is nothing to select. Any ideas?
I've had that before. Trying again later usually works.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Send MAS a message on Twitter.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 5:12 am

Does anyone have any (no-fish) recommendations ex-LHR in F? Looking at the menus, many of the choices appear to be identical to the options in J, some even have the same photograph! Are they the same meals, but just plated differently?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Originally Posted by SilverChris
I've had that before. Trying again later usually works.
I tried every day from receiving the email up to online check in for my KUL-LHR on last Sunday night. Same problem- always offered me exactly zero options. On the way out from LHR I didn't even get the email so I wasn't aware of it. Seems like a big fail, a bit of window dressing. Combined with Nescaf instant coffee on board.....seriously ...
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
I just ordered my dinner from the Chef on Board Options online. Let's see how it works.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: EK GOLD, AZ FRECCIA ALATA, PR ELITE
Originally Posted by LostAntipod
I tried every day from receiving the email up to online check in for my KUL-LHR on last Sunday night. Same problem- always offered me exactly zero options. On the way out from LHR I didn't even get the email so I wasn't aware of it. Seems like a big fail, a bit of window dressing. Combined with Nescaf instant coffee on board.....seriously ...
I got the same problem. I e-mailed [email protected] and gave my order there. They replied 1 business day after (sent on a Saturday, received reply the following Monday) for the confirmation. Order was given correctly during the flight.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
Originally Posted by odin09
I got the same problem. I e-mailed [email protected] and gave my order there. They replied 1 business day after (sent on a Saturday, received reply the following Monday) for the confirmation. Order was given correctly during the flight.
Perhaps I am just lucky that I am HK-based, but when I call the HK number I always get answered within five minutes and usually less than one minute, and have been able to do seat selections, chef-on-call orders and so forth over the phone with no problem at all. Not sure what it is like in other jurisdictions! The advantage of doing it by phone is that you know instantly whether it has worked or not.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:02 am

For me, regardless of the browser, only half the leg worked. The other did not display any choices, I could not complete the process. So I sent an email to kulccm@...

Boarded my flight and I did not get my Chef on Call.

On the return flight, the same problem, so I rang them and booked over the phone.

Boarded my return flight, no Chef on Call again.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
my dinner ordered thru Chef on call was all fine. Well fulfilled.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.