FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Malaysia Airlines | Enrich (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich-758/)
-   -   Malaysia Airlines new 737-800 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich/1210095-malaysia-airlines-new-737-800-a.html)

Microtat Feb 18, 2018 1:19 am

Thanks alot guys.. hopefully i wont get on an aircraft with a ‘rocking chair’ next time.. happy flying!

Zawnet Feb 18, 2018 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl (Post 29429355)

glad to hear that ! 😊. Coincidentally. I’m sitting here by my gate H4 now and 9M-MXI has just pulled up. 50% chance of it operating 758 (depending on H4L or H4R) and allowing me to cross another one off my list!

Technically, (and I’m sure you know) they are actually bays B4L and B4R.

TGflyergirl Feb 18, 2018 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Zawnet (Post 29432420)

Technically, (and I’m sure you know) they are actually bays B4L and B4R.

yes :) and it worked out that it was indeed MXI - which was nice to be able to cross off my list.

Zawnet Feb 19, 2018 12:08 am

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl (Post 29432488)

yes :) and it worked out that it was indeed MXI - which was nice to be able to cross off my list.

Funny you doing this MH 738 hunting as well. I just need to grab -MXT and I’m done with all MH 738s. But that last one has been quite elusive.

wantan Mar 18, 2018 7:33 pm

how is the meal service on B738 for flights between 3 - 5 hours ?

just thinking if it's worth going for J or sticking with an emergency row Y seat ...

clubeurope Mar 19, 2018 3:36 am

Originally Posted by wantan (Post 29540687)

just thinking if it's worth going for J or sticking with an emergency row Y seat ...

Depends on your time of departure really.

Breakfast services tend to be just the normal breakfast options served in a single tray (bread, fruits, hot main, and yogurt) and a coffee/tea service afterwards.

Lunch and Dinner services tend to be more elaborate on >3 hour flights, with an appetiser/salad served separately from the main.

Given the food quality, at least on ex-Indonesia or ex-KL flights, I wouldn't consider upgrading to J unless if it was dirt cheap to do so, or if you want the extra space.

SLGO Mar 19, 2018 4:22 am

Originally Posted by wantan (Post 29540687)

I would not go for J unless it's real cheap. Very average and poorly maintained recliner seats. Nothing particularly to mention for food. Not quite an enjoyment.

crackjack Mar 19, 2018 7:19 am

Well, I’d think it depends on a whole lot of other factors... on a completely packed KUL-MAA flight (or worse yet, a red eye MAA-KUL flight), even though it’s 3.5hrs, I’d take J anytime if I could...

Now, if you’re talking a half-full mid-day KUL-DPS flight where there’s space between passengers, or you even get a whole row, then yes, not as big of a need there...

wantan Mar 19, 2018 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by clubeurope (Post 29541539)
Depends on your time of departure really.

Breakfast services tend to be just the normal breakfast options served in a single tray (bread, fruits, hot main, and yogurt) and a coffee/tea service afterwards.

Lunch and Dinner services tend to be more elaborate on >3 hour flights, with an appetiser/salad served separately from the main.

Given the food quality, at least on ex-Indonesia or ex-KL flights, I wouldn't consider upgrading to J unless if it was dirt cheap to do so, or if you want the extra space.

thanks, it'll be the afternoon KUL - HKG flight. Will the meal be significantly different from the A333 service ?

clubeurope Mar 20, 2018 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by wantan (Post 29544587)
thanks, it'll be the afternoon KUL - HKG flight. Will the meal be significantly different from the A333 service ?

I wouldn't really imagine a significant difference in the meal service between the 738 and the 333 to be honest.

ashkale Mar 21, 2018 7:29 pm

Eat in the lounge, just completed kul-tpe/hkg return and in flight meals are getting even worse!

clubeurope Mar 21, 2018 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by ashkale (Post 29552724)
Eat in the lounge, just completed kul-tpe/hkg return and in flight meals are getting even worse!

at least the lounge nasi lemak is edible

kaffir76 Mar 25, 2018 2:15 am

Thanks, it'll be the afternoon KUL - HKG flight.
Will the meal be significantly different from the A333 service ?

I'd probably go for the upgrade to J, depending on how much it'll cost ..

There was an awesome sale that just ended last week @ KUL-HKG for RM 1,300
Any particular reason why u didn't book the morning flight to HKG on the A330?
Schedule conflict?
I'm not particularly a big fan of the MH 737, not even the ones with the IFE system.
The interior is just so worn out & old ...
When is your flight?
I've got 2 trips to HKG in Aug. so if u would like some pics of the meal svc. I'd be glad to post them on the A330 thread.
I took the same flight last May, I think the meal svc was pretty short & sweet so that the pax could get more rest (the crew as well, I suppose)

pafnyc Feb 11, 2019 10:20 am

Originally Posted by kaffir76 (Post 29563907)
I'd probably go for the upgrade to J, depending on how much it'll cost ..

There was an awesome sale that just ended last week @ KUL-HKG for RM 1,300
Any particular reason why u didn't book the morning flight to HKG on the A330?
Schedule conflict?
I'm not particularly a big fan of the MH 737, not even the ones with the IFE system.
The interior is just so worn out & old ...
When is your flight?
I've got 2 trips to HKG in Aug. so if u would like some pics of the meal svc. I'd be glad to post them on the A330 thread.
I took the same flight last May, I think the meal svc was pretty short & sweet so that the pax could get more rest (the crew as well, I suppose)

Any update on the 737's without AVOD? Any plans to retire or retrofit?

Zawnet Feb 11, 2019 10:59 pm

There are just 9 of them left in the fleet, with 5 still in the old colours.