FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Malaysia Airlines | Enrich (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich-758/)
-   -   Malaysia Airlines new 737-800 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich/1210095-malaysia-airlines-new-737-800-a.html)

AlwaysOnTheRoad Sep 8, 2013 1:19 pm

So... old or new - no at seat power? If so, sad for new aircraft. KUL-KTM is almost five hours.

TGflyergirl Sep 8, 2013 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad (Post 21409326)
So... old or new - no at seat power? If so, sad for new aircraft. KUL-KTM is almost five hours.

The Later ML series, All MX and All MS series birds have inseat power. It's only the earlier ML series and FF series birds that don't.

Still, I much prefer the older leased birds. They're more comfortable, have more pitch and feel more airy - in both J and Y. I fly on MH 737's every single week without fail - from a sample size of about several hundred: Give me an old bird any day :) This is not necessarily a case of newer is better, IMHO.

Penguinmoon Sep 8, 2013 10:51 pm

I feel the same way, give me the old bird any day. I usually like sitting in bulkhead rows, the old birds have a nice cut out for storage. On the new ones, not only is there no place for in front of you storage, on the DEF side, I've had flight attendants not even allow me to store above the seats as half the storage bin is in Biz.

TGflyergirl Sep 9, 2013 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon (Post 21411364)
the old birds have a nice cut out for storage.

That cut out in row 5 serves as legroom for me! :) The awful bulkheads on the new birds extend all the way to the floor

In J in 1A and C..... you could build an 18 hole golf course in front of it before hitting the bulkhead. A bit less with 1D and F but still far superior to anything in J on the new birds.

All that new BSI razzmatazz doesn't impress me one bit.

oranjemakker Sep 16, 2017 11:41 pm

PVG - KUL Seats

Hi there
Flying this route in October and it's a 737-800

What kind of business class seats are on this plane? Does anyone know?

Thanks

clubeurope Sep 17, 2017 4:43 am

Originally Posted by oranjemakker (Post 28824609)
Hi there
Flying this route in October and it's a 737-800

What kind of business class seats are on this plane? Does anyone know?

Thanks

Hello orangemakker,

You'll be able to find the picture of the seats simply by googling it. It's not anything special (unless when one compares it with European Business Class), being standard blue coloured recliners with footrests. They come with seat back television similar to that in economy, although slightly bigger.

oranjemakker Sep 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by clubeurope (Post 28825073)
Hello orangemakker,

You'll be able to find the picture of the seats simply by googling it. It's not anything special (unless when one compares it with European Business Class), being standard blue coloured recliners with footrests. They come with seat back television similar to that in economy, although slightly bigger.

Urgh...i saw those photos on google, looks pretty awful. Its a nearly six hour flight at night (leaves at 2am).

Cant imagine those are very good for sleeping.

Im connecting to Melbourne at least thats a decent business class.

clubeurope Sep 17, 2017 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by oranjemakker (Post 28827096)
Urgh...i saw those photos on google, looks pretty awful. Its a nearly six hour flight at night (leaves at 2am).

Cant imagine those are very good for sleeping.

Im connecting to Melbourne at least thats a decent business class.

I presume you will be flying on the 01:45 am departure from Mumbai?

I've only flown them on short-haul flights, so I couldn't exactly comment about the comfort factor.

If you are bothered by reclining seats in the front, do try to get a bulkhead seat. Despite that, I personally do not like the bulkhead as there are limited storage options (cannot store bags under the seat in front), as well as the hassle of a pull-out PTV (same offering as the Qantas 737-800).

Malaysia Airlines does not currently have differentiated business class seats on long haul and short haul 737s. This may soon change as Peter Bellew has announced flat-beds on the 737max10s due to come in 2019.

oranjemakker Sep 23, 2017 7:44 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope (Post 28827973)
I presume you will be flying on the 01:45 am departure from Mumbai?

I've only flown them on short-haul flights, so I couldn't exactly comment about the comfort factor.

If you are bothered by reclining seats in the front, do try to get a bulkhead seat. Despite that, I personally do not like the bulkhead as there are limited storage options (cannot store bags under the seat in front), as well as the hassle of a pull-out PTV (same offering as the Qantas 737-800).

Malaysia Airlines does not currently have differentiated business class seats on long haul and short haul 737s. This may soon change as Peter Bellew has announced flat-beds on the 737max10s due to come in 2019.

Thanks I am on PVG-KUL MH387 which leave at 0215 and is a six hour scheduled flight.
Oh well, sleeping pill it is!:D

fallinasleep Sep 26, 2017 7:52 pm

Am considering MH between HKG and KUL/BKI. Does anyone know what the economy seat pitch is on Malaysia's 737-800? Seat Guru and Google Flights say 30 inches, but I see occasional references to 32 or 33 inches. Malindo offers 32 inches on their 737s and they're cheaper. Thanks!

Microtat Feb 17, 2018 7:00 am

Hi MH experts...

Any insights into how many different types of seats MH has on their B738s? I flew on a couple of flights, and they seem to have different seats in J on each aircraft.. Thanks alot for your help.

SilverChris Feb 17, 2018 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Microtat (Post 29427099)
Hi MH experts...

Any insights into how many different types of seats MH has on their B738s? I flew on a couple of flights, and they seem to have different seats in J on each aircraft.. Thanks alot for your help.

There are only two configurations for the 738. One has regular recliners with a modern interior (BSI) and IFE, while the other has regular recliners without BSI and IFE.

TGflyergirl Feb 17, 2018 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Microtat (Post 29427099)
Hi MH experts...

Originally Posted by SilverChris (Post 29427120)

There are only two configurations for the 738. One has regular recliners with a modern interior (BSI) and IFE, while the other has regular recliners without BSI and IFE.

Actually - there are (or rather were) several. There's the new (BSI, IFE as Silver Chris points out) - but with two subsets- the darker blue leather on the late ML/MX series birds, and the lighter grey on the MS series birds. Dimensions and designs are otherwise identical.

Then there's the mish mash of the old non-BSI birds There was the bigger la-z-boy style seats with light blue fabric: It was on 9M-MLK and a few others off the top of my head. Then there was the less padded dark grey leather without seat side wings, but with equal legroom on both sides of the aisle in row 1 (MLE amongst others). There was also the deeper dark grey leather with wings, more room on 1AC than DF. This was/is on the vast majority of birds - from FFA-FFF/early ML's. All these have no IFE.

i've flown on the vast majority of them - only missing FFD/MSC/MSF/MXI and the written off MXX. Have the notes on which is which..just need to dig it up from somewhere.

Zawnet Feb 17, 2018 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl (Post 29427673)
Actually - there are (or rather were) several. There's the new (BSI, IFE as Silver Chris points out) - but with two subsets- the darker blue leather on the late ML/MX series birds, and the lighter grey on the MS series birds. Dimensions and designs are otherwise identical.

Then there's the mish mash of the old non-BSI birds There was the bigger la-z-boy style seats with light blue fabric: It was on 9M-MLK and a few others off the top of my head. Then there was the less padded dark grey leather without seat side wings, but with equal legroom on both sides of the aisle in row 1 (MLE amongst others). There was also the deeper dark grey leather with wings, more room on 1AC than DF. This was/is on the vast majority of birds - from FFA-FFF/early ML's. All these have no IFE.

i've flown on the vast majority of them - only missing FFD/MSC/MSF/MXI and the written off MXX. Have the notes on which is which..just need to dig it up from somewhere.

you may like to know that you can still expand your list of MH 738s flown. -MXX was repaired and has been flying around for a few months now.

TGflyergirl Feb 17, 2018 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by Zawnet (Post 29428756)

you may like to know that you can still expand your list of MH 738s flown. -MXX was repaired and has been flying around for a few months now.

glad to hear that ! 😊. Coincidentally. I’m sitting here by my gate H4 now and 9M-MXI has just pulled up. 50% chance of it operating 758 (depending on H4L or H4R) and allowing me to cross another one off my list!