Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2018, 5:59 am

Since this lounge is out for February, which is the next best alternative - with showers if possible?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bobby21
Since this lounge is out for February, which is the next best alternative - with showers if possible?
MH has opened their new lounge in the main terminal. Decent food, tended bar, and it does have showers.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 3:39 pm

Thanks, what is this lounge called? Is this the Regional lounge?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bobby21
Thanks, what is this lounge called? Is this the Regional lounge?
Yep. Nice enough, but it is a business lounge, even though it has an "F" class seating section for those flying MH F..
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:38 pm

thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
MH has opened their new lounge in the main terminal. Decent food, tended bar, and it does have showers.
Tried the shower before, it was small and has a low shower head. The drainage couldn't keep up with draining the water too. Very bad design. But at least there is a shower. Can't wait for the Satellite lounge to open to see how theirs go.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat

Under Construction

Updated on Feb. 4, 2018 - Still Under Construction!
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:01 am

At least the signage is pretty!

Originally Posted by MattTaiwan

Under Construction

Updated on Feb. 4, 2018 - Still Under Construction!
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:38 am

The latests update is that it will reopen either next week - and if it is not ready for whatever reason, reopening will be next month after the CNY holidays.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Zawnet
The latests update is that it will reopen either next week - and if it is not ready for whatever reason, reopening will be next month after the CNY holidays.
Haha... rubber band time... Malaysia Boleh!
Old Feb 10, 2018, 11:29 am

I've passed through the regional lounge twice in the past week. When I asked about the Satellite re-opening I was told 'before the end of the month'.

The regional lounge is actually OK. It's nowhere near as busy as I had feared it would be. The food is decent and the barista coffee is very good. The staff as always are a delight.

I also popped into the CX lounge today. It was very quiet. But quite sparse in terms of food and drink compared to the MH regional lounge.
d00t likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by tmac100
No matter where you are, substantial structures (even a purpose-built house) are seldom "delivered on time". Fixtures/supplies are not always delivered to the building site on time. Then there is an issue of "cost over-runs"...
Not in the world I frequent. It is perfectly possible to deliver construction projects (large or small) on-time, on-budget, with highest standards of quality and safety. It just requires pro-active, disciplined construction management. How do I know? It’s been my job for 30+ years, and I’m very good at it.

Back on topic. Mrs PtF and I are passing through KUL this afternoon with MH. Last time we were in KL was when I was working there 20 years ago, when the main airport was at Subang. It will be interesting to finally get to see the ‘new’ airport and its lounges.
Globalist likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:07 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I was disappointed to miss the Golden Lounge (F) yesterday but I found the regional lounge to be reasonable alternative in terms of food which I found to be more than adequate. The only problem is that it was quite crowded late evening and hard to find two free seats together.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

Not in the world I frequent. It is perfectly possible to deliver construction projects (large or small) on-time, on-budget, with highest standards of quality and safety. It just requires pro-active, disciplined construction management. How do I know? It’s been my job for 30+ years, and I’m very good at it.

Back on topic. Mrs PtF and I are passing through KUL this afternoon with MH. Last time we were in KL was when I was working there 20 years ago, when the main airport was at Subang. It will be interesting to finally get to see the ‘new’ airport and its lounges.
Showing your age now

You will have access to the regional lounge which is quite nice. Generally a better airport compared to Subang.

If you pass by Singapore let me know! Always good to see an FT celeb

Globalist
Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
I wonder why MH is renovating these lounges again - last time was only some years ago. In October just before this closure they were just fine.

Too bad! I’ll be at KUL next Monday and looked forward to spending a couple of hours at the Golden (F) lounge. Any unofficial news about the new opening?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.