Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Minimum Int-Int connection time in Jakarta? (MH turnaround)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: JMB Diamond

I found cheap J tickets on MH and was thinking of doing a same day MR (turnaround) on MH for CX tier points.

The weird thing is I found a thread stating that the MCT is 60 minutes in Jakarta, but MH is selling tickets with a 50 min connection time. (MH713 arrival 0850 & MH712 departing 0940)

With the legal transit time aside, is it possible to do a 50 minutes international transit in Jakarta? Do I need to pay for the Jakarta airport tax at the transit counter?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by saiwai
I found cheap J tickets on MH and was thinking of doing a same day MR (turnaround) on MH for CX tier points.

The weird thing is I found a thread stating that the MCT is 60 minutes in Jakarta, but MH is selling tickets with a 50 min connection time. (MH713 arrival 0850 & MH712 departing 0940)

With the legal transit time aside, is it possible to do a 50 minutes international transit in Jakarta? Do I need to pay for the Jakarta airport tax at the transit counter?
1. MH may not allow you to connect even though its the same aircraft. On separate bookings, it's better. Tickets may be sold , then you'd get a phone call later...

2. Yes. You need to pay for the international departure tax as you're arriving and departing on same airline. Tax will only not only not apply if your immediate connection is on different carriers.

3. Though you're on transit, the Indonesian authorities *might* make you get a visa, if you require one and they'll only accept local currency , or US$ or a very bad exchange rate to their advantage.

You never know about Indonesian rules!

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Jun 25, 2013 at 7:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.