Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanjiwo 10th Anniversary Party

Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Go! All I can say the stay was perfect! Amanjiwo is celebrating its !0th anniversary with a wonderful exhibition of Borobudur. Flew Singapore Airlines in Executive Economy which was very nice. The flight was about 35 % full so plenty of room and attention from the flight crew. I was able to sleep 10 hours and eat and watch movies the last 8 hours of the flight. Arrived at 5:30 am and had a shower in an upstairs spa with a 2 hour layover for the Silk Air flight to Solo City. The airport was jumping at this hour as the new A 380 was about to take its first flight!
The Silk Air flight was comfortable as well as no one requested the exit row and I had plenty of leg room. Entering Indonesia in Solo requires you to get the Visa on arrival and that is always a bit of fun as you watch everyone go to work on collecting your money, attaching your visa to the passport, then changing lines to enter the country. Amanresorts was right out their to greet me and collect my bags. Three other cars had already left to the hotel as I was the only guest to fly coach I was the last out of the gate. The ride was great and I found the journey much nicer then the ride in from Yogja.
I was upgraded to a pool suite with a dead on view to the temple and all my request were met with regard to e-mails before my arrival. I had a TV in the room which I felt I might use since I was traveling alone, i-pod docking station, and great bottle of Moet iced and ready to drink. This stay was like a 4 day party with much interaction with other guests. A few guest had their kids with them and this added to the festive atmosphere around the pool as all other vists I was either the only one or did not see anyone else around.
I guess Amanjiwo does not need another trip report as I think most in this forum agree that this place is one of Amans best. One new addition this year is a new Bale below the pool that looks out to Merapi. A great place for breakfast or sunset cocktails with out a big hike.
More to follow if I think of anything interesting to add but I just want people to go as this place is so wonderful!
Old Nov 8, 2007, 12:21 pm

Sounds like you had a great time. I cant beleive its ten years, I was there for the first Christmas/ New Year and Francois put on amazing, breathtaking shows. Another thing I wont forget is my first evening, soaking in the outdoor tub, looking at the stars and listening to the Muezzin evening call to prayer.
I might try to get back next year with my trip to HK.
Thanks for reminding me how amazing Amanjiwo is.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 1:19 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Sleep 10 hours? Seriously, I can't even do that at home!

Ah yes, we all love Amanjiwo. (sigh)
Old Nov 8, 2007, 4:15 pm
Community Director Emerita

This is all music to my ears, as I've just bought my SIN - Solo City tickets, and booked my room for February.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.