Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Four Seasons Discounts?

Four Seasons Discounts?

Old Jul 17, 2007, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Four Seasons Discounts?

I know it's a long shot...but I've known a few people in past lives who regularly got discounts or great corporate rates at the Four Seasons. Anyone have any rates or suggestions they can share publically or privately about getting good rates at the Four Seasons? I'm especially interested in Chicago, DC, New York, and Paris. Again, I know it's a long shot...but it never hurts to ask.

Thanks.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 1:05 pm

As far as corporate rates, I would imagine you would have to be working for that specific company.

American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts (FHR) does have some good rates with many of its properties.

All three properties you mentioned are part of the FHR program. I recently stayed at the FS Paris (George V) using the FHR rate which was $100 Euro less then the cheapeast available rate on FS.com; the rate also included breakfest, $100 Euro spa credit, late check out, and an upgrade.

American Express Platinum and Centurion cards are the only eligble cards to book and use the FHR rate.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Good input -- I have an AMEX Platinum, but honestly haven't used/leveraged most of the benefits it comes with (at $400+ per year you'd think I would...). What's your experience been with booking FHR hotels? Always over the phone, or is there a way to reserve online? I presume you leverage FHR often?

Thanks a bunch.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hilton GLD , IC RA, Marriott PLT, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by MacGyver
Good input -- I have an AMEX Platinum, but honestly haven't used/leveraged most of the benefits it comes with (at $400+ per year you'd think I would...). What's your experience been with booking FHR hotels? Always over the phone, or is there a way to reserve online? I presume you leverage FHR often?

Thanks a bunch.

Check this thread from IC Forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715350

Camino1 has posted on other threads (but couldn't quickly find them) that they use the FHR to book IC's, the IC LA in particular. If memory serves me correctly the FHR booking gives you a room upgrade, welcome gift and breakfast. Sometimes a better rate as well.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 9:22 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bhd87
As far as corporate rates, I would imagine you would have to be working for that specific company.

American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts (FHR) does have some good rates with many of its properties.

All three properties you mentioned are part of the FHR program. I recently stayed at the FS Paris (George V) using the FHR rate which was $100 Euro less then the cheapeast available rate on FS.com; the rate also included breakfest, $100 Euro spa credit, late check out, and an upgrade.

American Express Platinum and Centurion cards are the only eligble cards to book and use the FHR rate.
dito

I've had great success with Amex and FS GV.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 9:53 pm

Fine Hotels and Resorts (FHR) is available only via telephone to book. A quick search of the sticky and other threads in the AmEx forum will do you good. Also check out the Luxury Hotel fourm.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 11:18 pm
Community Director Emerita

I'm going to move this into the Luxury Hotels forum, as I believe the posters there are the ones most likely to be familiar with Four Seasons pricing.

SanDiego1K
Senior Moderator
Old Jul 20, 2007, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Four Seasons simply does not need to discount heavily. Some properties are in Amex FHR but a lot aren't and some that were (eg Hampshire) have pulled out.

If you book through a Virtuoso travel agent in the US you may also find better rates or better amenities as certain properties.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....48&postcount=2
FHR(for Plat) and Virtuoso both have their positives and negatives.

FS Preferred Travel Agents are another consideration, for example they can get confirmed 2 category upgrades at FSNY for weekend bookings.

also the Maldives resorts for example sometimes have free nights via tour operators, rather than being published by FS.

http://www.onekeyworld.com/create/homes.php
has the top 2 suites at FS Las Vegas for ~50% off.

other top chains >
IIRC ABA has discounts for Peninsula in the US. while FHR/Virtuoso have some major discounts in Asia.

IIRC RC's FHR/Virtuoso discounts are mainly outside the US.

i dont seem to recall regular MO discounts.

Amanresorts has 50% off right now in Sri Lanka since there is low occupancy, in part because of the lack of air taxis due to security issues. only other time they discounted was after tsunami IIRC.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 20, 2007 at 4:55 am
Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT., Marriott LT GLD
Although discussed frequently in the past, my ABA membership is still giving me around 1/2 regular internet rates at RC properties--giving me rates thet are consistently less than other properties. And they have yet to ask for a card at check in.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:11 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Large investment banks have killer rates at FS, if you can get someone at one of them to book for you.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:12 am

it's always worth trying to book the corp rate of some of the worlds larger banks! T&C's of bookings usually state that company ID is required at check in to validate rate. In reality, your rarely get asked. It's a risk, but the worse case is that you have to pay the rack rate when you announce you've forgotten your corp ID!

Try it, you'll get into the FS Paris for under €500
Old Jul 21, 2007, 7:00 am

Kagehitokiri wrote: "FS Preferred Travel Agents are another consideration, for example they can get confirmed 2 category upgrades at FSNY for weekend bookings."

How do you find a FS Preferred travel agent? We have used a Virtuoso agent, but they could not get any sort of discount or upgrade at FS NY or Boston.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KittyC
How do you find a FS Preferred travel agent? We have used a Virtuoso agent, but they could not get any sort of discount or upgrade at FS NY or Boston.
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....43&postcount=8

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 21, 2007 at 10:30 am
Old Jul 22, 2007, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

I just took a look at One Key World...that's a steep price of admission at $34k. Gorgeous homes though.

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....48&postcount=2
FHR(for Plat) and Virtuoso both have their positives and negatives.

FS Preferred Travel Agents are another consideration, for example they can get confirmed 2 category upgrades at FSNY for weekend bookings.

also the Maldives resorts for example sometimes have free nights via tour operators, rather than being published by FS.

http://www.onekeyworld.com/create/homes.php
has the top 2 suites at FS Las Vegas for ~50% off.

other top chains >
IIRC ABA has discounts for Peninsula in the US. while FHR/Virtuoso have some major discounts in Asia.

IIRC RC's FHR/Virtuoso discounts are mainly outside the US.

i dont seem to recall regular MO discounts.

Amanresorts has 50% off right now in Sri Lanka since there is low occupancy, in part because of the lack of air taxis due to security issues. only other time they discounted was after tsunami IIRC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.