Search

New FS for Napa Valley (Calistoga) in 2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:21 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
New FS for Napa Valley (Calistoga) in 2018

TORONTO, Feb. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, the world's leading luxury hospitality company, Alcion Ventures, and Bald Mountain Development today announced plans for a new luxury resort in Napa Valley. Slated to open in early 2018, the resort will feature 85 guest rooms and 20 Private Residence villas.

Located in Calistoga, amongst the valleys, mountains and vineyards of northern Napa Valley, the resort will feature its own fully operational winery and hand-farmed vineyard, offering an unprecedented grape-to-glass experience to resort guests and owners. A limited collection of wines will be produced on-site at the winery under the direction of acclaimed winemaker Thomas Brown.

Commenting on the project, J. Allen Smith, President and CEO, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts said, "As we extend our presence in California, having a property in Napa Valley, a preferred destination for our luxury guests, is essential. This is a unique opportunity to combine a privately-owned and operated winery and vineyard with a world-class luxury resort. We look forward to working with Alcion and Bald Mountain to bring Four Seasons legendary quality and service to Napa Valley."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300215121.html
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Sounds interesting! Perhaps I join the opening in 2023😁😁😁
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:59 pm

A cab driver told us about this on Monday (three days prior to the press release). I thought I had just been out of the loop and missed the announcement, but I guess not.

I'm excited by this, but I'm not sure that Calistoga would be my first choice on where to stay. Depends on what I'm doing during that trip, I guess.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:21 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Cardboard55
I'm excited by this, but I'm not sure that Calistoga would be my first choice on where to stay. Depends on what I'm doing during that trip, I guess.
It's always nice to have another luxury alternative in any destination. The FS will put pressure on Calistoga Ranch, in particular, to keep up and improve/refurbish, and that's always a nice thing.

There are many people who simply will choose the FS regardless of specific location in the Valley--and FS is counting on those. (The same is true for the new Honolulu property!)

The Calistoga location IS a boon for those hoping to explore both Napa and Sonoma wine regions. But it is more distant for those wanting to focus on Napa Valley, specifically.

Last edited by bhrubin; Feb 5, 2016 at 4:32 pm
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:03 am

My favorite in Napa Valley is Auberge du Soleil, but I look forward to trying FS in Calistoga as well. I agree that competitive pressure from Four Seasons colud have a positive effect on other properties in the area, as it will encourage them to up their game as well.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 10:27 am

Is the grand opening this Sunday? Would love to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.