Wiki Posts
Search

Using Virtuoso

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
Using Virtuoso

Can I use a virtuoso travel agent just to book a hotel/s for me in Dubai/France/Barcelona if I am not planning on using them for anything else. (we have already booked our business class flights)

We don't have an unlimited budget but I do want to stay somewhere away from the norm. We normally stay at Intercontinentals (once upon a time my husband had Royal Amb status) and will likely do this in Paris but we have an ambassador BOGO to use for this so will book a room with club access anyway. But I was looking at Dubai options (in particular because of early arrivals and late departures) and Barcelona and even possibly Bordeaux.

I suppose I am wondering if price wise it is more expensive? I've got used to doing all our own bookings as we tend to do a lot of research and chopping and changing before we make up our mind. I do like getting little extras along the way though so Virtuoso appeals!

What do people see as the major benefits of using a Virtuoso TA.

I feel a little bit like "if you have to ask the price you cant afford it"
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:45 pm

yes, you can use a virtuoso agent to just book hotel rooms. The price virtuoso uses is the best available rate that you find on the hotel's site. The major benefits are obviously the perks (free breakfast, stay credit, upgrade (if available), etc.).
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Definitely worth it because you have great bonus amenities, greater status and an advocate to fight for you if things go wrong.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:33 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Virtuoso price isn't always the same as the hotel's "best available." Often it is, but it can be either lower or higher. If you are looking for a Virtuoso agent, here is a thread that lists some who are active on this site:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=14479
Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:12 am

A good agent can often get value added benefits applied to the best publicly available rate, whether that is the Virtuoso rate or not. Also, well connected TAs have a whole slew of preferred partnerships and other consortia (such as LHW) at their disposal to secure their clients the best deal.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: Virtuoso
@Susiew237 I sent you a PM.

In general, the role of the advisor is great, but the biggest benefit (besides the amenities) is we are your advocate. We help if something goes wrong and we work to make the stay the best possible and personalized. The most important piece when working with an advisor is to find one you trust and match with for personality.

And as the others have said, yes, you can work with an advisor to just book hotels. It happens all the time.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 3:58 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Asked and answered, so I am closing this thread.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.