Wiki Posts
Search

Jean-Michel Cousteu Fiji Resort Question? Other Question Too

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Jean-Michel Cousteu Fiji Resort Question? Other Question Too

Has anyone stayed here WITHOUT kids?

It very much caters to kids so my concern is the resort will be "overrun" with kids and be less private then other resorts.

If I don't stay there I will stay at Emaho Sekawa, albeit the rate is either 2k more or 4k more based on room.

The advantage to Emaho is private pool, only 3 rooms total, and more privacy. The disadvantage is snorkeling or any activites are not included, whereas snorkeling is free at Jean-Michel.

Both include all meals.

Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: Skymiles Plat/1MM, United Prem, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
As someone who tries very hard to avoid places that cater to kids, I can recommend Wakaya if you don't hear positively about Cousteau.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lb8001
As someone who tries very hard to avoid places that cater to kids, I can recommend Wakaya if you don't hear positively about Cousteau.
Yea..we won't be going to Cousteau.

The concerns were:

1) Diving + Snorkeling trips are very large

2) Privacy (especially after Nihiwatu)!!

3) No adults only excursions - so you can get stuck with kids

The snorkeling is free but the diving is around $250fiji per trip. Emaho Sekawa charges the same prices for a private trip (just 2 people), with no chances of any kids. The downside is the snorkeling isn't free , but thats not a big deal.

We decided to go with Emaho for 7 nights then Lomani for 5 nights . Both are adults only. Lomani is only 4 star though, but the surf trips are dirt cheap and the resort looks good enough.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:32 pm

Programs: QFF SG, Kris Flyer Silver
I have stayed here with kids in 2012. There were quite a few honeymooners as well as older couples at the resort at the same time. Most of the kids are at the kids club and they have separate snorkelling excursions for kids back then. The dining area is separated into an adults only section and a family section. A lot of the childless couples that were there were repeat customers (most 3++ previous trips).
I don't think you should rule out JMC especially if you travel outside of Australian and U.S. School holidays. I cannot speak of the diving as I didn't do any but we were happy with the resort and what it offers. The accomodation is more rustic so be aware if that doesn't appeal.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Yea Im gonna pass on JMC for now. I can always come back when I have kids.

Emaho Sekawa or Savasi Island Villas is where Ill stay for the first 7 nights. More then likely Im going to go ahead with Emaho (only 3 rooms).
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Bump Bump before I decide.

Im leaning towards Emaho right now, in the smaller room (still 900 sq feet) vs the big room (2700 sq feet).

Any thoughts on either Emaho or Savasi? Emaho is $1200/night for small room - 1 night free (with tax) - Savasi is $900 (2 nights free) (no tax).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.