Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

FS BKK to be rebranded Anatara within the year.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2014, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: I travel for fun these days.

Hello FTers,

Just heard on good authority that the Four Seasons Bangkok is to be rebranded an Anatara. It'll be shut for a while during renovations. Hopefully the Biscotti restaurant remains.... But what will happen to Gourmetfest?

DirtyDan
Old Nov 15, 2014, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by DirtyDan
Hello FTers,

Just heard on good authority that the Four Seasons Bangkok is to be rebranded an Anatara. It'll be shut for a while during renovations...
Oh how terrible I truly love that property. I don't want FS management to leave.

I have a stay in a deluxe suite coming up, which is my favorite category at the hotel. I'll have to enjoy it now while I still can.

With three other FS in Thailand under the same ownership, I cannot understand why they would want to lose their Bangkok property. Anantara, while a fine brand, is not suitable for one of the city's most elegant grande dames.

From Peninsula to Regent to Four Seasons to.... Anantara. How tragic.

Originally Posted by DirtyDan
Hopefully the Biscotti restaurant remains.... But what will happen to Gourmetfest?
As I am sure you know, the owner of all Thai FS properties also owns the Anantara brand. So, my guess is that Biscotti and the World Gourmet Festival would not change.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Nov 16, 2014 at 11:43 pm
Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope this is simply a rumour- wonderful hotel. As for renovations they recently completed some (lobby last year, cabanas this year, etc...)
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if it became anantara, st regis could become FS?

lets hope >
FS does not want out
FS is not having problems with owner

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Golden Triangle version in Thailand was created and built by Bill Heinecke and it took a lot of persuasion to get Four Seasons to manage it.
article on Heinecke - http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...ngdom-bet.html >

first quarter of 2014...occupancy rates at his two grandest hotels, the St. Regis and the Four Seasons in Bangkok, that Heinecke says plunged to as low as 25 percent.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 15, 2014 at 4:16 pm
Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:53 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
I guess finally Prince bin Talal (and Bill Gates) had enough with the Thai hospitality market!
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold
This one I find hard to believe.
There's already an Anatara iirc behind the four seasons
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by Earthman
This one I find hard to believe.
There's already an Anatara iirc behind the four seasons
I hope it is not true, but if the hotel were reflagged it would certainly be to Anantara since that is the owner's own brand.

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
if it became anantara, st. regis could become FS?
This is an interesting possibility. I could see this happening if the current FS were reflagged, as it would make much more sense for the owner's flagship Bangkok property to be under FS management rather than St. Regis. It would be a good thing for residence owners too if the property were upgraded to FS.

I believe there was talk of creating Four Seasons residences before the owner went with Starwood to manage the St. Regis hotel/residences.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Nov 16, 2014 at 11:54 pm
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I believe there was talk of creating Four Seasons residences before the owner went with Starwood to manage the St. Regis hotel/residences.
>
I think because St Regis BK has no soul compared to the other great BK hotels. It was originally intended to be Four Seasons Residences (it is right next door to Four Seasons Bangkok) but, allegedly, there was a falling out between the owner of Four Seasons, so he turned the Residences into a St Regis hotel.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 17, 2014 at 3:43 pm
Old Nov 17, 2014, 5:05 pm

I think the current St. Regis could be much improved under FS management. The decor would have to be changed, but I think it could be a Four Seasons.

I still love the existing Four Seasons, so I hope this change will not happen.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Nov 17, 2014 at 5:21 pm
Old Nov 17, 2014, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Whats everyone's beef with the St. Regis?

No soul isn't the biggest critique to me. If the hard product is there, so am I (usually).
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Whats everyone's beef with the St. Regis?

No soul isn't the biggest critique to me. If the hard product is there, so am I (usually).
I'd say the biggest gripe with the St Regis is the service. Although it has improved a great deal since it first opened, it was starting off a pretty low base. Even now it still lacks the polish you would find next door at the FS.

The hard product is beautiful but flawed. Last time I was there they couldn't even get the hot water working properly.

The service issues compound the hard product flaws because they don't have the slightest idea how to do service recovery when things go wrong.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:47 am

It is true - Four Seasons will no longer manage the Bangkok property, but they say the split is amicable.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is true - Four Seasons will no longer manage the Bangkok property, but they say the split is amicable.
Too bad- my favorite hotel in BKK for well over 15 years (and many a name).

The hotel has been really run well especially recently in the last 3 years or so. Shame for this split to occur.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 5:59 am
Suspended

What a turn of events.

A lot of interesting/surprising hotel news of late.

Lanesborough to Oekter.

Pulitzer leaves SPG.

FS BKK leaves FS mgmt.

What next.....?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:39 am

I would love it if their intention is not to leave, but join up with new construction so they can be involved from the ground up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.