Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Trip Report: Four Seasons Chiang Mai

Old Oct 11, 2014, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A bunch

Last month got back from a blowout 2 week vacation in Thailand. I wanted to pass along this trip report from our stay at the Four Seasons Chiang Mai in hopes that anyone finds it helpful or interesting/entertaining.

FULL REPORT and 100+ PICS on my BLOG

we had a very nice time at this property and enjoyed our stay quite a bit!

We took a 45 minute cab ride from the Chiang Mai airport for about $15! Four Seasons transportation was 4 or 5 times that amount!

We were greeted like rock stars with at leas 5 or 6 staffers greeting us at one point or another.

We were upgraded to a lower rice pavilion with obvious nice views of the rice fields! Very spacious accommodation as well.

Staff was wonderful at every interaction!
Food was above average to exceptional depending on the dish!
Price was a good value using the "stay longer" promo offered by Four Seasons!

Had trouble deciding to stay here or Dhevi Dhara but decided hard to go wrong with FS and didn't regret the decision!

I have included over 100 photos of the property in my blog for those looking for additional detail! Let me know if you have any questions!
Old Oct 11, 2014, 12:43 pm
Suspended

You really like exclamation points! Jk. Nice pictures on the report btw. Good review, and I'm headed that way in April. I'm also stuck debated FS vs. Dhara.

Also, Re: your report. How far away from town // how was that transport? Easy to get a cabbie who know where it was?
Old Oct 11, 2014, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by pricesquire
You really like exclamation points! Jk. Nice pictures on the report btw. Good review, and I'm headed that way in April. I'm also stuck debated FS vs. Dhara.

Also, Re: your report. How far away from town // how was that transport? Easy to get a cabbie who know where it was?
Its maybe 40 minutes to town from the resort. You can let the Four Seasons provide transport which I felt was a bad value. At the airport there is a cab stand and they had no problems getting us there.

I insisted they call a cab for me on all excursions and the cab was half price of what the resort was quoting me. We then just made arrangements with the same cab driver everyday as he had a nice Toyota SUV. We would just tell our driver meet out front the resort tomorrow at X time and we want to go "here" and "here" and he was happy to have the business. The cabbies are familiar with the locations in our experience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.