Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Boston for the Thanksgiving holiday

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Four Seasons Boston for the Thanksgiving holiday

This is a link to full writeup of this trip

Hey gang. Wife and I decided to get away for the holiday and head to FS Boston. We stayed there last year but only for 1 night. This year we got to spend 3 nights. I won't bombard you with pics of the hotel since it has been done already, but I did want to show a quick pic of the new bathrooms.

Much appreciated upgrade to the hotel and loved the feel. While we were in town we had Thanksgiving dinner with my best friend at the Hotel Commonwealth. We also had a lunch at Mooo (great 3 course lunch special). I've never drank so much bourbon in my life. Thanksgiving dinner was open bar which included Basil Hayden and that set the trip off with a bang.

Below are just some fun pics from the trip. Hope you enjoy.

Me geek'ing out and meeting Louis Risoli at L'espalier.

Our cheese plate

Bourbon

For the guys reading, do yourself a favor the next time you're in Boston and check out Alton Lane. It's appointment only but worth the trip. Some pics below:

The way shopping should be done, with bourbon.

3-D measuring system

I call this one: "How to dress v. How not to dress".

Last edited by DetailsIM; Dec 5, 2013 at 4:53 pm
Old Dec 6, 2013, 4:30 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
I didn't know the FS had done a refurb. I'll have to look into that. The bathrooms have got to be better than they were.....any chance you had a tub? What room category were you in?
Old Dec 6, 2013, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ericka
I didn't know the FS had done a refurb. I'll have to look into that. The bathrooms have got to be better than they were.....any chance you had a tub? What room category were you in?
We had a deluxe room facing the public garden. No tub in our room but I believe the suites might have them. We had an executive suite last year and it had a tub/shower combo.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:15 am

Thanks for the report... glad to see that some of the older FS properties are getting refreshed a bit.. hopefully PHL is next....

What's your bourbon of choice? that's a lot of ice.....

FDW
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Thanks for the report... glad to see that some of the older FS properties are getting refreshed a bit.. hopefully PHL is next....

What's your bourbon of choice? that's a lot of ice.....

FDW
Lot of ice but luckily I drink it fast enough so it didn't really dilute it lol. I been drinking a lot of Basil Hayden. Just finished a bottle of Hirsch at home. Trying my hardest to find a bottle of Pappy. I've heard it's available at places in Philly so I'm gonna have a friend out there try to locate me one.

Also, got to compare Mac 30 to the 25 while in Boston. Mac 25 wins for me. The 30 was very peaty.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by DetailsIM
Lot of ice but luckily I drink it fast enough so it didn't really dilute it lol. I been drinking a lot of Basil Hayden. Just finished a bottle of Hirsch at home. Trying my hardest to find a bottle of Pappy. I've heard it's available at places in Philly so I'm gonna have a friend out there try to locate me one.

Also, got to compare Mac 30 to the 25 while in Boston. Mac 25 wins for me. The 30 was very peaty.
AH Hirsch 16? OR just Hirsch?? Basil Hayden's is actually my summer bourbon of choice, with a good amount of ice....

Pappy is only available on the black market this year... Expect to pay $500+ for the 15 yo... It's good, but not that good.....

Black Maple Hill is a much better option, much cheaper.. However, for value I like Eagle Rare.. 30 bucks a bottle and excellent... I've tried the Macallan 30 for my 30th bday... it was ok...

FDW
Old Dec 6, 2013, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
AH Hirsch 16? OR just Hirsch?? Basil Hayden's is actually my summer bourbon of choice, with a good amount of ice....

Pappy is only available on the black market this year... Expect to pay $500+ for the 15 yo... It's good, but not that good.....

Black Maple Hill is a much better option, much cheaper.. However, for value I like Eagle Rare.. 30 bucks a bottle and excellent... I've tried the Macallan 30 for my 30th bday... it was ok...

FDW
Just Hirsch. I'll have to try the Black Maple Hill. I bought a bottle of that Eagle for my buds bday and he has yet to open it. The only Pappy I have had was the 23. Probably about 2 years ago my best bud started buying it. He went through 2 bottles pretty quick and now, with a lot of it stolen, that might have been my only chance of having it.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:38 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Thanks for posting your review. We really enjoy the FS Boston. What is the range now for the house car? I recall using it to go to the Old North Church.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m.photog
Thanks for posting your review. We really enjoy the FS Boston. What is the range now for the house car? I recall using it to go to the Old North Church.
I think the radius is 2 miles.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 9:41 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Originally Posted by DetailsIM
I think the radius is 2 miles.
Thanks, I think that is what it was the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.