Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Four Seasons/Ritz/St Regis destination club rentals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: luxury traveler

Hello, Any recommended sites/links for rentals that come up at luxury destination club resorts?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 3:22 pm

I have never been impressed with these experiences and regretted when I did try one or two.

I much prefer just booking a long stay at one of the FS properties, never the St. Regis.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

not "destination club" but residences, fractionals, timeshares

for example, FS punta mita fractional/residential condos (with private pools) are not in hotel inventory, and can be rented. Valveking owns FS punta mita fractional and has discussed here. also, FS hualalai residences (condos, townhomes, villas - some with pools) are not in inventory. they can be rented through hualalai resort and receive FS housekeeping, and golf/ocean condos (next to golf/ocean rooms) get FS room service. can also rent through independent real estate companies ( Valveking discussed doing this) or direct with owner, for less.

sometimes units that are in inventory can be rented for less direct with owner. for example, zigzag discussed doing a rental at setai miami. a while back there was an amanpuri owner who had their residence in an exchange program.

(not at resorts, but at city properties where not in inventory, sometimes there are minimum leases)

st regis has only has 2 fractionals, including new york, which has a number of fans here. but they have a number of residences. st regis bal harbour has gotten some really good comments here. st regis bali villas are also residences in hotel inventory and include beachfront with pool. RC FLL (Lauderdale) was built as st regis. RC FLL for example has minimum lease on the condo residences (some with swimming pool) which are separate from condohotel portion.

from another thread >
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
Originally Posted by off2rome
Little Dix bay looks awesome but is of course full
presumably no availability, but >

exclusive resorts and portico
- little dix bay (ER owns 6 and portico has 2?)
- viceroy anguilla (ER owns 6 and portico has ?)
- RC grand cayman (villas that are not in hotel inventory) (ER owns 16 and portico has 2?)

portico may have properties at little dix and viceroy that are only available to portico members
(some portico properties are ones ER bought with intention to sell, and couldnt due to market)
could also be that portico only gets some (leftover?) avail from ER, thats definitely the case with RC grand cayman

the two relevant questions if considered >
1 is there availability
2 are the properties serviced by hotel or not, and are all hotel amenities included or not

portico
$2,500 initiation $2,500 annual
then per night

exclusive resorts trial
$26,220 / 10 nights = $2,622
$44,690 / 20 nights = $2,235 (if 2 residences simultaneously)
+ additional for holiday
portico also has two 4BR villas with swimming pools at sea island cloister/lodge
(that are not in hotel inventory) (definitely leftover availability from exclusive resorts, which has 20)

actually mentioning a company >
Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
The St. Regis: The pop up flat screen televisions at the ends of the beds were large and a nice design feature. The bathrooms could be refreshed though the shower pressure and toiletries we found superior to the FS. We stayed in both the hotel rooms and the residences. The residences provided exceptional value compared to booking through the hotel and I felt the residences were slightly better maintained than the hotel rooms. Luxury Jet was the name of the third party management company we booked through. We would use them again. Feel free to PM for more information.
NY condohotels seem to be unaffected by 30 day min lease law, which makes sense

Originally Posted by MarshKing
Interesting. Although the [trump soho] site is not allowing a 1-night booking, it looks like you can still reserve a 1-night stay by using Jet Luxury Resorts.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 13, 2013 at 5:25 pm
Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
I just typed a long response and it disappeared when I went to post it. This is a great way to travel especially with families. We have rented at various Four Seasons several times and had great experiences. We rented at Hualalai last summer and at the Four Seasons Jackson Hole for this August. We also own a fractional at Punta Mita which has been wonderful. Please PM me if you need any help renting at any of these places.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:12 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Are you suppose to be able to rent them privately ValveKing?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ABG
everything can be rented privately.

you may be thinking of city hotel residences that are not in hotel inventory having a minimum lease and other rules. maybe cooperative apartments can require board approval of person be rented to.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by ABG

Yes, most of them can be rented privately and can usually be rented at a large discount to what the hotel charges. They do come with all of the hotel amenities as well such as room service, housekeeping etc.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:58 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Valveking
Yes, most of them can be rented privately and can usually be rented at a large discount to what the hotel charges. They do come with all of the hotel amenities as well such as room service, housekeeping etc.
I've heard that renting to a arms length person is a real no no at FS residence clubs. All that VRBO stuff is against the purchase terms on the fractional
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ABG
I've heard that renting to a arms length person is a real no no at FS residence clubs. All that VRBO stuff is against the purchase terms on the fractional
which locations are you referring to?

ah, i know one thing you may be referring to, when its a timbers/etc style setup incl for example "Rotating Priority System®" like FS palazzo tornabuoni, where you have unlimited use, as opposed to regular ownership. i did not mention this because palazzo tornabuoni is the only FS like this. timbers has hotels, and is like this, and there are others, but not really discussed here in the same way FS is.

from palazzo tornabuoni >
Use Restrictions: Members are prohibited from renting Club vacations of any type and from using confirmed vacations of any type for commercial purposes.
this is ONLY because of unlimited use. so if everyone was using unlimited use because they were renting, it would 'break' the unlimited use system. unlimited use is a great deal for owners, so the restriction is worth it.

FS >

aviara - timeshare that is its own hotel now
jackson hole, vail, costa rica - fractional in hotel inventory i believe (only 5 units at costa rica, like 3 at exuma)
(when condohotel, hotel cant force you to use their system)

scottsdale - (mostly) timeshare not in hotel inventory
punta mita - fractional not in hotel inventory (recently sold/selling some as condos)
(when not offered in hotel, there is no option but to rent)

Originally Posted by JohnMD
We own a private home at the Four Seasons Scottsdale, this is not a timeshare but rather we actually own it. We can use it whenever and go in and out of it whenever we want; it is our own.

We have a timeshare [fractional] at the Ritz-Carlton Club in St. Thomas. Basically we paid them the money and we use the place about three / four times a year.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 14, 2013 at 11:33 am
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by ABG
It is only prohibited at Costa Rica.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Valveking
It is only prohibited at Costa Rica.
now that is odd.. are they included in hotel inventory or not? it is a situation where there are only 5 unit, sold as fractional instead of condo. probably by FS itself, if it is like the 3 units FS acquired at exuma. ah, did FS buy the 5 units specifically to have an exchange system available? cant imagine buying non-unlimited use that restricts rental.

first time i recall seeing a fixed/etc week property restricting rentals. maybe being in costa rica is factor.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 15, 2013 at 12:39 pm
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:47 pm

now that is odd.. are they included in hotel inventory or not? it is a situation where there are only 5 unit, sold as fractional instead of condo. probably by FS itself, if it is like the 3 units FS acquired at exuma. ah, did FS buy the 5 units specifically to have an exchange system available? cant imagine buying non-unlimited use that restricts rental.
They are not in hotel inventory, but the purchase agreement prohibits renting them out. The hotel does have some identical units in inventory that they never sold. I think they are called Pacifico residences.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 1:33 pm

Is there any way to book an apartment at FS Palazzo Tornabuoni (apart from borrowing it from a wealthy friend / owner there ) ?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

you can trade/exchange with an owner. or talk to FS sales about trial if theyre not sold out.

tornabuoni also participates in an exchange program >
http://www.eliteallianceselect.com/properties.php

FS florence had a package once with this >

http://www.fourseasons.com/florence/...tail_3976.html

"After-concert standing dinner buffet for two in the Palazzo Tornabuoni" which is the residence club that FS now manages. presumably dinner would be in club lounge, which acts as a restaurant as well, for owners only.

http://www.palazzotornabuoni.com/news/pt_090401.pdf - public restaurant does the club catering
Experience this three-day music event

On Saturday, November 7, 2009, the Stradivariuses of the Nippon Music Foundation and the Stradivari Archinto of the Royal Academy of London will be played in front of Michelangelo's David. The concert will be followed by a dinner reception with the musicians. Then enjoy the rehearsal or performance of The Cunning Little Vixen, an opera by Leos Janeck.

Two tickets to a concert
American breakfast for two served in Il Palagio or La Magnolia or through In-Room Dining
Round-trip transfers between the Hotel and the performance site

On November 7, 2009:
Preferred seating for up to two people at the Encounter with Stradivari in front of David by Michelangelo concert
After-concert standing dinner buffet for two in the Palazzo Tornabuoni
update >

not in hotel inventory >
sea island https://www.inspirato.com/destinatio...iew-residences
RC grand cayman https://www.inspirato.com/destinatio...sidences/coral
RC grand cayman https://www.inspirato.com/destinatio...dences/starlet

theoretically might be in hotel inventory sometimes >
RC fort lauderdale https://www.inspirato.com/destinatio...es/grand-canal

RC reservations says $1439 for 3BR on apr 23 2014, hotel unit should be #1603
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6238/97383944.png with huge/biggest terrace

edit - ER sold all their RC FLL units

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 4, 2015 at 10:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.