Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Aman Canal Grande, Venice, Italy

Old Jun 12, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

these quotes are from two different threads. thought i would make one for aman venice

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post20912255
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
so this thread is full of expert advice, right? certainly lots of agreement.

well documents from aman venice match much of it, some word for word.

how often does a hotel do that? seems like a major part of aman to me.
above quote is completely unrelated to the following >

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post20897401
Originally Posted by Trickster10
If the boat pick up includes the hostess+luggage porter, im my opinion the rates are reasonable, even from the train station...
this is correct, referring to some inclusions
at airport for example, appears to include two things that (airport offers as fee-for-service)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 26, 2013 at 11:38 am
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:10 pm

Kage another Aman Venice thread you started? Aren't you overdoing it some?

Also, what advice are you referring to that Aman is matching?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:10 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Am I the only one who finds it really hard to follow all these multi-quote threads?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

what advice? nearly all of it, if not all of it - "much of it"

people can use this thread or not, once there is a trip report (or visit) maybe that will be the thread used

the thread i started for my plans (not just aman venice) currently has almost nothing on aman venice, so people looking for aman venice info will have to wade through a lot, if not even more going forward, to get to it

i could have not done a quote for the first part, but IMHO it is better to ask that question in that thread, rather than pose the question here, addressing the contents of that thread. IMHO that (the quote) is more straightforward, and does not present potential confusion over there being no 'advice' in this thread. also, there are thread subscriptions and that kind of thing on the forum. i do not use them, but many people do. as well as people having posted in that thread about things other than aman venice (again ontopic) who may not read this thread. those are examples of factors.

not to mention aman thread is as always a bunch of conversations at once, currently including upcoming aman.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 12, 2013 at 7:33 pm
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:44 pm

What are you referring to in terms of the advance docs matching everything you have heard here?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:10 pm

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Some good friends of mine arrived at Aman Venice yesterday. They said it is gorgeous and so far ( after one day) great service. However they said not fully functioning. No air conditioning so the hotel supplied a fan for their room.... I will let you know the rest of their feedback when they share it with me. They are very discerning so it will be very good commentary.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Larkin
Some good friends of mine arrived at Aman Venice yesterday. They said it is gorgeous and so far (after one day) great service. However they said not fully functioning. No air conditioning so the hotel supplied a fan for their room.... I will let you know the rest of their feedback when they share it with me. They are very discerning so it will be very good commentary.
greatly appreciated!

will be interesting to hear more about air conditioning, wonder if any of the regulars here have heard anything as well... (and heating as well i guess for cooler months)
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:40 pm

Some good friends of mine arrived at Aman Venice yesterday. They said it is gorgeous and so far ( after one day) great service. However they said not fully functioning. No air conditioning so the hotel supplied a fan for their room.... I will let you know the rest of their feedback when they share it with me. They are very discerning so it will be very good commentary.
No AC in Venice in June, I do feel very sorry for your friends and hopefully, Aman is not charging them full rate. I personally would change hotels to the Gritti or the Cipriani if I were in their position. I always hesitate to stay at a hotel open under a year because it often takes time to work out the kinks.

Last edited by Blackbook; Jun 12, 2013 at 7:48 pm
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:30 am

On room categories, FYI, only Palazzo Stanza and above have full views of the canal. The Chamber rooms have partial views.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:31 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ABG
Am I the only one who finds it really hard to follow all these multi-quote threads?
No!!! I thought I was the only one.

And this one is particularly difficult to understand. The first post would mean absolutely nothing if one have not read the other threads. If someone searches for information and finds this thread, I do not think it will be very helpful. Maybe the other tread does not include a lot about Aman in Venice, but the heading says that it does, so we should at least not start a new thread when we (finally) get to talk about the Aman...
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blackbook
No AC in Venice in June, I do feel very sorry for your friends and hopefully, Aman is not charging them full rate. I personally would change hotels to the Gritti or the Cipriani if I were in their position.
I would agree with you most years.

This year it has been absolutely freezing until yesterday and today is the first warm day.

As almost all the systems in Italy have a setting to either heat or air conditioning (one or the other hard wired into the actual system itself- not the controller) my suspicion is they are probably completing the switchover today. I also had my office switched over today.

In all of Italy we have had one of the coldest spring seasons ever recorded (coldest in the last 150 years) and also the wettest since recording started in North Italy (Veneto).
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:59 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Musken
No!!! I thought I was the only one.
I"m still wondering what Canal Grande means in Sanskrit
Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

On room categories, FYI, only Palazzo Stanza and above have full views of the canal. The Chamber rooms have partial views.
Since we have two posts going on Aman Venice, it maybe helpful to mention that it has been confirmed that only Palazzo Stanza and above categories have full Canal views. In contrast to Aman's online marketing which states these rooms have "beautiful views" of the Canal, Palazzo Chamber rooms have views of the private garden and partial views of the Canal (I presume this means that they either are on the side of the building or to the lower floors of the Garden building). Palazzo Bedrooms have views of the garden or no view to speak of. It would probably then be recommended that one books the Stanza and above category if one wants a room with that classic view of Venice.
interesting. would have been helpful if i had saved hotel plans.

"Almost all the Palazzo Chambers offer beautiful views of the Grand Canal."
'almost all' as well
you realize canal view is not a reason to stay right?
straight on view are from behind garden.
for canal front, besides top suite, almost none if any.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 13, 2013 at 8:22 am
Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
interesting. would have been helpful if i had saved hotel plans.

"Almost all the Palazzo Chambers offer beautiful views of the Grand Canal."
'almost all' as well
you realize canal view is not a reason to stay right?
straight on view are from behind garden.
for canal front, besides top suite, almost none if any.
I presume that if you booked a Stanza room on the mid-floors and above of the Building overlooking the Garden Terrace, you would have a decent view of the Canal, which as you note is not a Canal front view, but that is better than a partial view..

I personally find one of the main appeals of staying at this Aman is the view of the Canal.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

looking at pics again, taken from canal, i guess upper floors are fine from behind garden
if spending 2000, may be better to spend 2500 if that will guarantee desired location (because room not category)
at 2500 via virtuoso also would have chance of upgrade to canal front

if everyone here takes some pics, we should have different room categories and locations represented
i will be doing a report with as much as possible

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 13, 2013 at 8:24 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.