New thread for "unusually good" deals at luxury locales

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New thread for "unusually good" deals at luxury locales

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:40 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I used this rate once before. While it is true that it is good for the entire year if booked before 3/31, when I checked it out for the Corinthia London for June, they had considerably raised the underlying room rates that one could use it on.

The Savoy (Fairmont) is doing a similar deal in London but if you pick less busy nights, it's not nearly as expensive.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I used this rate once before. While it is true that it is good for the entire year if booked before 3/31, when I checked it out for the Corinthia London for June, they had considerably raised the underlying room rates that one could use it on.

The Savoy (Fairmont) is doing a similar deal in London but if you pick less busy nights, it's not nearly as expensive.
True, not nearly as expensive, but I'd take a more expensive room at the Corinthia any day of the week. Far superior hotel IMO.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: Virtuoso
Originally Posted by RichardInSF

I had contacted the property about a potential stay in June for a client. The Royal Ascot is that month, causing for higher demand that normal peak months.

Also, please note, the 50% BAR is for European properties, but not London. The stay 3 for 2 is for London.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:17 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pricesquire
True, not nearly as expensive, but I'd take a more expensive room at the Corinthia any day of the week. Far superior hotel IMO.
I wouldn't, my enduring problem at the Corinthia is that half of the rooms (all the ones facing the courtyard) have big mobile signal issues. When I write the GM to ask if they are going to fix that, suggesting inexpensive ways to do so (it's my area), all I get is a bland non-reply.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: Virtuoso
Faena Hotel Miami Beach

The Faena Hotel Miami Beach is set to open this fall. Rooms are open for booking and they are offering 3rd night free (cumulative) in addition to the Virtuoso amenities of upgrade upon arrival (based on availability), breakfast for two in the restaurant, $100 resort credit, and welcome amenity.

Third night free is good Nov 1, 2015 through Oct 29, 2016. The only blackout dates I see are Dec 3-6, 2015.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Travel K
The Faena Hotel Miami Beach is set to open this fall.
btw blackout date is art basel

169 rooms and 13 condos (presumably condos are not in hotel inventory)
some suites have wraparound balconies that are more oceanfront than setai
http://miami.stayfaena.com/rooms-and...-corner-suite/ $3K
http://miami.stayfaena.com/signature...mperial-suite/ $4.5K 2BR
http://miami.stayfaena.com/signature...s/faena-suite/ ? 2BR

also 3 condo towers with 110 condos
47 unit faena house
41 unit faena versailles contempoary
22 unit faena versailles classic

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 8, 2015 at 10:13 pm
Old Apr 14, 2015, 2:45 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by Travel K
The Faena Hotel Miami Beach is set to open this fall. Rooms are open for booking and they are offering 3rd night free (cumulative) in addition to the Virtuoso amenities of upgrade upon arrival (based on availability), breakfast for two in the restaurant, $100 resort credit, and welcome amenity.

Third night free is good Nov 1, 2015 through Oct 29, 2016. The only blackout dates I see are Dec 3-6, 2015.
Thanks for the heads up, this looks to be a good deal!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:07 pm
Suspended

[deleted//sold out]

Last edited by pricesquire; Apr 14, 2015 at 4:01 pm
Old May 17, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
Spend $800 or more in a single transaction at Four Seasons, and receive $150 off

I believe these Amex offers are targeted and limited quantity, but would be worth logging into your account to see if it's available to you. I will definitely be taking advantage of this for an existing reservation this summer.

OFFER DETAILS
Get a 1X $150 statement credit by using your enrolled card to spend $800 or more in a single transaction on all charges to your room, including your room rate, when you pay for your stay with Four Seasons Hotels from 5/15/15 to 8/31/15.

TERMS
Offer valid at all participating Four Seasons hotel locations in the US. Offer not valid online. Offer is non-transferable. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 8/31/15, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID:BS6V:0001
Old May 17, 2015, 9:18 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by luxtrvlwrks
Spend $800 or more in a single transaction at Four Seasons, and receive $150 off

I believe these Amex offers are targeted and limited quantity, but would be worth logging into your account to see if it's available to you. I will definitely be taking advantage of this for an existing reservation this summer.

OFFER DETAILS
Get a 1X $150 statement credit by using your enrolled card to spend $800 or more in a single transaction on all charges to your room, including your room rate, when you pay for your stay with Four Seasons Hotels from 5/15/15 to 8/31/15.

TERMS
Offer valid at all participating Four Seasons hotel locations in the US. Offer not valid online. Offer is non-transferable. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 8/31/15, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID:BS6V:0001
Thanks! I just added it to one of my cards. I have a one night stay planned for Baltimore coming up. Now I need to decide whether to 1) book a suite or 2) extend my stay to a second day or 3) see if they can add a FS gift card to my folio before checkout....

FDW
Old May 17, 2015, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Thanks! I just added it to one of my cards. I have a one night stay planned for Baltimore coming up. Now I need to decide whether to 1) book a suite or 2) extend my stay to a second day or 3) see if they can add a FS gift card to my folio before checkout....

FDW
FS gift card is a great idea.
Old May 31, 2015, 11:04 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Peninsula has a new mobile app and if you book your reservation with it, you can call the property afterwards and get an immediate room to room or suite to suite upgrade. The agents in New York told me about it. I'm not sure if it applies to all properties so make sure to call your chosen property to inquire first.
Old May 31, 2015, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ericka
Peninsula has a new mobile app and if you book your reservation with it, you can call the property afterwards and get an immediate room to room or suite to suite upgrade. The agents in New York told me about it. I'm not sure if it applies to all properties so make sure to call your chosen property to inquire first.
By the way, Peninsula is running a quiet promotion where if you book a reservation using their new mobile app, you can call in and get an instant upgrade. A room upgrades to a room or a suite upgrades to a suite. We ended up getting the same deal with DavidO after he made a few phone calls.
"instant upgrade" sounds good

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 31, 2015 at 4:04 pm
Old May 31, 2015, 11:29 pm

A confirmed upgradefrom Executive Suite to Deluxe Suite in New York would be a great deal.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:00 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
A confirmed upgradefrom Executive Suite to Deluxe Suite in New York would be a great deal.
We ended up doing the Junior Suite to Executive Suite for about $1200.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.