Wiki Posts
Search

Inn by the Sea, Maine

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:43 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Inn by the Sea, Maine

A Virtuoso property. Anyone have any thoughts about this place?
Considering it for an October getaway... I know it'll be cold...

FDW
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL Silver, (used to be somebody here) Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
A Virtuoso property. Anyone have any thoughts about this place?
Considering it for an October getaway... I know it'll be cold...

FDW
i stayed here- albeit 10 years ago. i thought it was nice at the time. location is walkable to the beach, nice layout of the property IIRC.

went back for drinks a few years ago since they have a deck overlooking the beach and paths leading to it and we were in town for something else. no issues at all

Portland is close which would be a fun town to wander around at that time of year
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
This is in Cape Elizabeth, Maine, where I spend a good deal of my summers. I enjoy dinner at the restaurant a few times per summer, and I have always thought this to be a nice upscale inn. Often in Maine the inns can be rather frumpy or long in the tooth.

They have some duplex rooms which include an interior loft that makes good use of the square footage.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Not quite "luxury" but a great spot. The two-level rooms are excellent and feature a mini kitchen so you can stock up on snacks and maybe breakfast foods. On-site restaurant is very nice and is just down the coast from Portland, with many great eats. Have good memories of this spot. October should be lovely.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat
Nice place and it should be lovely in October between the ocean and the foliage. The service was good but more friendly and laid back rather than preemptive and anticipatory. The rooms were comfortable - pretty and cozy as opposed to sophisticated. Some rooms have fireplaces which would be nice in the fall. Not 5* by the standards of this forum but definitely a nice place to stay.

Make time to visit Portand if you are a foodie. It has an incredible number of restaurants and is well known for the diversity and quality of its offerings. It is also a good time to explore since the towns are not as crowded as they are during the summer.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 8:11 am
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Thanks for all the info.. I am debating whether or not to keep my reservation here, or pick a place in Portland. IT appears that only the classic rooms have fireplaces; and we are more interested in a suite.

Any other options in Maine? The White Barn Inn gets seriously panned by one of my co-workers...

FDW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.