Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt vs Four Seasons in Milan

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2011, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Park Hyatt vs Four Seasons in Milan

I am planning to stay in Milan for a few days (for leisure) and it seems Park Hyatt and the Four Seasons are the top two choices. Has anyone stayed in these places recently? what are the pros and cons? Any other hotel recommendations for the city? Thanks for the advice.

KrazeeJoe
Old Jun 16, 2011, 9:51 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Both are nice hotels, but wouldn't consider these the top 2 hotels in Milan. Principe de Savoia (Dorchester) is nicer to my taste, and the Bulgari is more .... fashionable. Both leave the FS/PH chains in the dust.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by number_6
Both are nice hotels, but wouldn't consider these the top 2 hotels in Milan. Principe de Savoia (Dorchester) is nicer to my taste, and the Bulgari is more .... fashionable. Both leave the FS/PH chains in the dust.
A recent comment about the Bulgari was posted on this forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16562422-post309.html

Originally Posted by Groombridge
The Bvlgari Milan.
Aloof and unhelpful staff. After multiple failures of the room key, the response from the desk, "Why don't you ask to have your door fixed?"
Completely non-ergonomic room. No place anywhere in the bathroom to put a towel, except on the floor, so you have to move a chair from the bedroom into the bathroom if you don't want to place your towel on the floor while you shower.
Absurd spa--the only item in the locker is a Bvlgari jewelry box--nothing of practical use anywhere to be found in the changing rooms--no shampoo or soap in the shower, no razor, no toiletries, etc.
I couldn't wait to leave.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by KrazeeJoe
I am planning to stay in Milan for a few days (for leisure) and it seems Park Hyatt and the Four Seasons are the top two choices. Has anyone stayed in these places recently? what are the pros and cons? Any other hotel recommendations for the city? Thanks for the advice.

KrazeeJoe
I would stay at the Four Seasons, especially for a leisure trip. The Park Hyatt is very nice, but in my opinion FS is unquestionably the best in town.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by apichat
mike he is the best hotel manage
I had a very good stay at the PH. Principe di Savoia had large but chintzy rooms and I didn't like the location.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KrazeeJoe- Four Seasons is a lovely hotel- Park Hyatt is nice as well, but the inner courtyard alone at the Four Seasons make for this to be one of the best choices in Milano. Stay there and enjoy.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 6:55 am

Four Seasons every time, and yes, I have stayed at all the others mentioned. I know it is ready for a refurbishment, but then so do they - just heard they are starting later this year and by 2012 will have a SPA!! Even now, though, it is a very comfortable hotel with great service and a lovely courtyard. It is also steps from the serious shops.^
Old Jun 17, 2011, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
It is also steps from the serious shops.^
Which can also be a great reason NOT to stay there- savings on "capital expenditures" in this area of town can be significant!

Seriously- agree this is THE are of Milan to stay in- also the Park Hyatt is a lovely hotel with fantastic management- but the FS is still ahead.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Another vote for the FS, though I'm very fond of the PH and prefer its rooms.

FS still wins for me on service, courtyard, restaurant and (unless you are spending most of your time at La Scala) location.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 9:37 am
Community Director Emerita

I've only stayed at the Park Hyatt, so can't compare. Still, the Park Hyatt is nice enough I go to Milan specifically to stay there. I love eating outside, facing Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, and watching the fashionable Milanese walk by. The property is intimate, elegant, and comfortable all at the same time.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I've only stayed at the Park Hyatt, so can't compare. Still, the Park Hyatt is nice enough I go to Milan specifically to stay there. I love eating outside, facing Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, and watching the fashionable Milanese walk by. The property is intimate, elegant, and comfortable all at the same time.
Agreed - those tables are great. Milan might not be as beautiful as Venice/Rome/Florence etc but I still love it for the style, food and energy.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
PH better location for major sights. FS better location for shopping. Principe di Savoia not well located for anything but the train station. Bulgari too haughty.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 5:29 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
I had a very good stay at the PH. Principe di Savoia had large but chintzy rooms and I didn't like the location.
I hate chintzy decor and my suite wasn't like that at all, quite milanese in style while suiting the great style of the building (the private turkish bath in the suite was a great feature, which few hotels have). To each his own, but the FS and PH in Milan are a big step down from the Principe in my experience.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 3:56 am

Just left the PH for the second time this year. Hands down PH management is the best anywhere. Rooms are spacious and and truly the finest concierge I have ever encountered. IMO PH location is more central for all activites.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lilnemo
Just left the PH for the second time this year. Hands down PH management is the best anywhere. Rooms are spacious and and truly the finest concierge I have ever encountered. IMO PH location is more central for all activites.
PH does indeed have excellent management and service team.
The Four Seasons and the Park Hyatt are 700m apart.
I appreciate the courtyard at the Four Seasons- however they are both very good choices for Milan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.