Wiki Posts
Search

Trip Report: Twin Farms - Barnard, VT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2015, 12:25 pm
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
We just returned from our fourth stay at Twin Farms. Either A) the folks at Twin Farms like us, B) the folks at Twin Farms like DavidO (who does our bookings), or C) our Sunday night stays work out very well for all. We booked into a mid-level suite and were upgraded to their most expensive cottage, The Chalet.

The Chalet sits along the ski slope and has the best mountain views of any accommodation on the property. It’s very large with two fireplaces, lots of bathroom space, two WCs and two showers, an oversized roll top tub, a wonderful enclosed hot tub, a stone patio and elevated deck. I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves.

We spent our time hiking at the Marsh Billings Rockefeller National Park and also hiked with a guide on property. And we enjoyed our first Wine Cellar dinner as well as a bonfire picnic lunch by the Pub. Breakfast was still our favorite meal, though. The soufflé pancakes can’t be beat!

Everything was exceptional as always. We’re hoping to make it back for family week with our son in the next year or two.

Chalet Interior

Chalet Interior

Chalet Bathroom

Chalet Bathroom

Chalet Hot Tub

Chalet View

Virtuoso Amenity (must have been out of the Dom )

Room Service

Bonfire Picnic
Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:03 pm

More pics please

My wife and I moved from NY to TX this year. Fully regretting not visiting Twin Farms when it was in driving distance.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 9:08 am

Wow amazing. Thanks for the report. On the list for sometime. What season is your favorite to visit? We aren't big skiers so I think winter would be out (though do enjoy snow shoeing....)

Fdw
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:13 am
Original Poster

I guess Fall is the best. And I don't mean the height of leafpeeper season, mid October because TF would be at high occupancy and the surrounding areas would all be crowded, especially on the weekends. September is nice. Still warm enough to enjoy the kayaking and fishing and walk around Woodstock, but not as buggy as summer. And you can enjoy bonfires in the cool evenings. November was very pretty for us as well with the fallen leaves blanketing the trails.

In Winter, if you don't ski, they have snowshoes there for taking on the trails. The hot chocolate is wonderful!
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:25 am

Anyone know how or have examples of how upgrades on arrival via Virtuoso or FHR are handled here given thst bookings are typically for a specific room (versus room type)

Edit: I see Erickas note; any others?
thanks
fdw
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:25 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Anyone know how or have examples of how upgrades on arrival via Virtuoso or FHR are handled here given thst bookings are typically for a specific room (versus room type)
I've always sent over rooms types that clients would not want due to location / decor etc. Causes some extra work for clients to review several different categories.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

I think we've visited them 4 times now and we've been upgraded all but one time (because we were in one of the few dog friendly accomodations). Recently, we've had DavidO (Virtuoso) give some direction what specific cottages are on our wish list and/or what specific amenities (big bathtub, etc.). It can all be handled very tactfully "in case" an upgrade is available. A few of those cottages are very contemporary and wouldn't appeal to us.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ericka gave some examples >

Originally Posted by Ericka
spur-of-the-moment, one night...Twin Farms booked us into The Barn
second stay...upgrade...Sunday night...Perch Cottage
fourth stay at Twin Farms...our Sunday night stays work out very well for all. We booked into a mid-level suite and were upgraded to their most expensive cottage, The Chalet.
anyone heard re day-of bookings?
curious whether they still do this >
Present your loved one with a stay at Twin Farms — when it's convenient for you. Please call to request a distinctly boxed and wrapped antique key to your favorite cottage or suite.
also re rooms >
Originally Posted by DrGiggles
Stayed there in mid Oct and just caught the tail end of fall foliage...I was told the entire resort was fully booked the weekend i was there.

While i have read and been told by others that cottages are definitely the way to go, i spoke with a couple that stayed at the farmhouse and i will probably go that route next time. its conveniently located to the main lodge and despite sharing a building with 3 other rooms i was told they never saw any of the other people staying there. As a broader comment, what's nice about the resort is that even if you are staying in the main house i doubt that you ever see people around with the exception being around meals so aesthetics aside, i wouldn't particularly sweat the room selection. fwiw it was probably a 10-15 minute walk from meadows cottage to the main house which is probably around the median distance vs. other cottages.
winter family week is feb (19?) 20-24

main house >
1500 reds guest
1775 washington dorothy's

lodge >
1900 hillside grotto

farmhouse >
2100 birch lilac maple willow

cottages >
2350 perch treehouse orchard meadow log
2575 barn woods
2750 aviary
2950 studio
3600 chalet

edit >

farmhouse across street.. huh..
twinfarms.com/the-experience/

king or twin >
1775 washington
1900 hillside
2350 orchard meadow
2575 woods

18% service and 9% tax for twin farms ?
(20% service and 13% tax for The Point)
(The Point rates runs $1600 to $3500)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 20, 2017 at 2:56 pm
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:53 am
Original Member

Ivanka and Jared are said to be vacationing at Twin Farms. A Trump helicopter was spotted on the property last Monday.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KatW
Ivanka and Jared are said to be vacationing at Twin Farms. A Trump helicopter was spotted on the property last Monday.
Nice to get away without the kids.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: AMEX Cent., Relais & Chateaux, LHW, SLH
I think we've visited them 4 times now and we've been upgraded all but one time (because we were in one of the few dog friendly accomodations). Recently, we've had DavidO (Virtuoso) give some direction what specific cottages are on our wish list and/or what specific amenities (big bathtub, etc.). It can all be handled very tactfully "in case" an upgrade is available. A few of those cottages are very contemporary and wouldn't appeal to us.
Hi Ericka,

How was your stay at Twin Farms with your dog when you were there?

Thinking about taking my dog with me next time when I visit
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by instyleprincess
Hi Ericka,

How was your stay at Twin Farms with your dog when you were there?

Thinking about taking my dog with me next time when I visit
Fabulous!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...mer-w-dog.html
uggboy likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA plat; SPG Gold; club 5c
when you went did they have the policy that dogs could not be left alone in the cottage?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrGiggles
when you went did they have the policy that dogs could not be left alone in the cottage?
Sorry, I don't know. We kept our dog with us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.