Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Lanai - FS Lodge at Koele or FS Inn at Manele?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lanai - FS Lodge at Koele or FS Inn at Manele?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2009, 11:46 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by kuroneko
Just a little follow-on post as promised - we ended up staying 3 nights at The Lodge, taking advantage of the recent promotion for buy 2, get 3rd night free. For us, this was absolutely the right choice. It was nice to be walking distance to Lanai City and the shops and restaurants, something that we would not have been able to get if we stayed at Manele. We did take the hike on the adjacent trail (A nice touch was that it has walking sticks (for the hike) as one of the room amenities.), used the shuttle to the Bay, and also just hung out and enjoyed the resort, which was lovely.

All-n-all, we found both resorts to be extremely relaxing and uncrowded. Probably the highlight of our overall Hawaii vacation, which also included Kauai and Maui.

The FS shuttle not only goes to the Manele Bay location, it also stops in town at the Hotel Lanai. I would add that we had an excellent meal at the restaurant at the Hotel Lanai (forgot the name) - highly recommended.
Thank you for the report kuroneko, I appreciate it. Currently we are planning to stay at MB next spring, but your report does make a strong case for the Lodge. Mahalo
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:47 pm

Smile Anyway stay at either Four Seasons properties on LANAI in the past year or so?

Hi / Aloha - I just joined flyertalk tonight!
We will be visiting Lanai for the first time this Nov. and have read about the more obvious differences/comparisons between the two Four Seasons properties. This thread is now a few years old ... so I am wondering if any of you have stayed at either hotel in the past year or so to provide current information, such as if either one is in need of updating, repairs, ... or if both are in tip-top shape. Any other tips or guidance on visiting Lanai for the first time or the best hotel restaurants would be greatly appreciated!
Note - we will have 4 nights on Lanai and will be arriving via Maui.
(We have been to the other 4 larger Hawaiian Islands previously; all are gorgeous and worthy of multiple visits!!!)
Mahalo,
IflyUfly
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Have stayed at both several times including in the last year. I prefer the Lodge at Koele just because it quieter, the lodge and surroundings are more attractive, it's not as hot playing tennis, they have riding at the lodges, it's easy to get down to Manele Bay, etc. I prefer the golf course at Manele Bay. Also the ground floor rooms with a lanai (terrace) at Manele Bay are quite nice. You'll like both locations. You might want to try both. I seem to recall that the Lodge is less expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.