Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Punta Mita, Mexico: Four Seasons or St. Regis

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2016, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita: Active Promo -->

Bookings from January through May, 2016.

Remember that the humpback whales visit Punta Mita from December through March and weather is the best of the year during this period (average 78 °F).

Stay Longer 3rd night free package
Available for Casita Rooms with Garden and Ocean View
Receive a complimentary 3rd night for every two consecutive paid nights

Stay Longer 5th night free package
Available for Casita Rooms Ocean Front, Beach Front and One Bedroom Suites
Receive a complimentary 5th night for every four consecutive paid nights

Available for bookings from January through May, 2016. The packages are subject to availability at the time of booking.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita: Active Promo -->

Bookings from January through May, 2016.

Remember that the humpback whales visit Punta Mita from December through March and weather is the best of the year during this period (average 78 °F).

Stay Longer 3rd night free package
Available for Casita Rooms with Garden and Ocean View
Receive a complimentary 3rd night for every two consecutive paid nights

Stay Longer 5th night free package
Available for Casita Rooms Ocean Front, Beach Front and One Bedroom Suites

Available for bookings from January through May, 2016. The packages are subject to availability at the time of booking.

I wonder if this could be combined with 4th night free when paid for with Citi Prestige card.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DetailsIM
I wonder if this could be combined with 4th night free when paid for with Citi Prestige card.
Negative, I asked.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:37 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Definitely prefer the St Regis again

We currently are staying at the StR Punta Mita for our second time—this time in a one bedroom beachfront villa with private pool and jacuzzi.

We had dinner our first night at the StR Carolina fine dining restaurant with its new chef, different from our last stay—and it wowed us again. We had dinner last night at the Four Seasons Aramara, and it was good...but not great. Aramara cost more and wasn’t nearly as wonderful as Carolina. Not even close. The Aramara wine list was a lot more expensive, too—but no more comprehensive. (The StR Carolina wine list is about to be expanded even further, FWIW.)

The bar experience at the FS was far less intimate and definitely much more commercial feeling. We could have been almost anywhere. The bar at Aramara was particularly non-charming, though the service was very good. The bar by the infinity pool was small and not with any view or sense of place...and service was a bit tedious. The bar by Bahia was the most interesting, but its bright lights and energy were more emblematic of a city nightclub than a seaside resort of this supposed caliber. It really felt out of place and like it’s trying too hard. This is in stark contrast to the StR with its wonderfully charming Sea Breezes bar and the spectacular and intimate Carolina bar, not to mention the airy and open Murrieta’s bar with incredible and inviting ocean views. Or the Moët and Chandon champagne bar by the adults only pool at the StR. All of the StR bars looked and felt like we were actually in Mexico...unlike at the FS.

We also walked around the FS and again were reminded how large and sometimes more commercial-feeling it is compared to the more intimate (and more authentic) StR. With almost 3 times as many rooms and guests, the FS definitely feels and is bigger. It also was apparent that there were far more children and teenagers at the FS, at least for our visit. Yet even with 3 times as many rooms/guests, the FS has the same number of restaurant options (they’re just much bigger restaurant spaces) and two fewer pools.

The FS beach is almost as rocky as that at the StR, so it’s hard to say one beach is significantly nicer than the other in terms of swimming or wading. Yet the StR Beach is far more picturesque with the outcropping islands in the distance and a more heads on sunset view (at least at this time of year).

Two years ago i said we far preferrred the StR...and we find we still do. For all the same reasons.

Last edited by bhrubin; Jan 18, 2018 at 10:50 am
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Or the Moët and Chandon champagne bar by the adults only pool at the StR. All of the StR bars looked and felt like we were actually in Mexico...unlike at the FS.

How busy does that bar get? When we were there in Dec '16 they were constructing it ie jack hammering the fire pit away lol.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Exec, CITI Prestige, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold and all ever changing
Good discussion. We will be in Punta Mita this Summer celebrating my dad's b'day. At the moment we are set for the FS (two suites and one castia). As I have been to several stR and FS, I agree that they are different, but both excel in their own way. Will keep an eye on this thread, but, for now sticking to the plan as we like what we see of the FS. Again, it depends on what one is going for and want: we will have our daughter with us (FS), we want activities (FS), we want the better beach (FS), and the setup of the StR here looks/feels very similar to our recent visit to the StR in Puerto Rico - while not a bad thing at all (we stayed there in an oceanfront St Regis suite), wanting change for diversity sake.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
Or the Moët and Chandon champagne bar by the adults only pool at the StR.
Sold! Punta Mita has risen to the top of the list for my next Mexico trip.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:04 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

How busy does that bar get? When we were there in Dec '16 they were constructing it ie jack hammering the fire pit away lol.
The few times we’ve been near there, there was almost no one there but the staff. We walked by today and no one was there (not even staff). It’s apparently an oyster bar as well as Moët and Chandon champagne bar. We will try to stop by and check it out formally this weekend...though I despise oysters!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mumum17
the setup of the StR here looks/feels very similar to our recent visit to the StR in Puerto Rico - while not a bad thing at all (we stayed there in an oceanfront St Regis suite), wanting change for diversity sake.
It is a more expansive and authentic feeling property here in Punta Mita than Bahia Beach (though I also really loved the StR Bahia Beach, too). This StR also has a very large dual adults-only pool, unlike Bahia Beach. FWIW.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:55 pm
Community Director Emerita

..the setup of the StR here looks/feels very similar to our recent visit to the StR in Puerto Rico - while not a bad thing at all (we stayed there in an oceanfront St Regis suite), wanting change for diversity sake.
I have been to both and don't perceive them as being similar.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:55 am

The few times we’ve been near there, there was almost no one there but the staff. We walked by today and no one was there (not even staff). It’s apparently an oyster bar as well as Moët and Chandon champagne bar. We will try to stop by and check it out formally this weekend...though I despise oysters!
If you can post a menu pic that would be great.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Exec, CITI Prestige, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold and all ever changing

It is a more expansive and authentic feeling property here in Punta Mita than Bahia Beach (though I also really loved the StR Bahia Beach, too). This StR also has a very large dual adults-only pool, unlike Bahia Beach. FWIW.
Thanks, good to know. Will ponder this as still have time time till our visit.

The one thing that I don't expect in either of the Punta Mita resorts is the fabulous beach we enjoyed at StR Bahia...that was wonderful.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:22 am
Suspended

Thanks, good to know. Will ponder this as still have time time till our visit.

The one thing that I don't expect in either of the Punta Mita resorts is the fabulous beach we enjoyed at StR Bahia...that was wonderful.
Absolutely true! The Bahia Beach was truly spectacular, with soft white sand extending for that whole beautiful and majestic crescent and for quite a distance beneath the waves.

Punta Mita has a naturally rocky outcropping for its beaches, and that’s true for both the StR and FS. They both have short but lovely sandy beaches for laying upon....but those end the moment you enter the water. It’s very rocky underwater at both resorts. The StR provides free reef shoes for anyone wanting to wade out or swim out into the ocean.

The StR does have a more protected and calmer area near shore (by its Sea Breezes/Mita Mary restaurants) becasue of the majestic rocky island outcroppings that create a slightly more lagoon feel. The FS doesn’t have anything quite like that.

But neither resort is known for its swimmable beaches! Just as Los Cabos are known for having beautiful beaches but from which you most commonly cannot swim due to dangerous riptides and strong currents, Punta Mita is known for beautifully dramatic beaches and seaside views but from which you most commonly do not swim much because those beaches are quite rocky underneath. Both locales have guests more often than not playing on and relaxing on the beaches and swimming and relaxing in the pools.

Hence, the StR with the larger number of pools, including a very sizable duo of adults-only pools plus the series of two other massive pools, and with a third the number of guests as the FS, is the more appealing property IMO....by a longshot.
mumum17 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:44 am

Absolutely true! The Bahia Beach was truly spectacular, with soft white sand extending for that whole beautiful and majestic crescent and for quite a distance beneath the waves.

Punta Mita has a naturally rocky outcropping for its beaches, and that’s true for both the StR and FS. They both have short but lovely sandy beaches for laying upon....but those end the moment you enter the water. It’s very rocky underwater at both resorts. The StR provides free reef shoes for anyone wanting to wade out or swim out into the ocean.

The StR does have a more protected and calmer area near shore (by its Sea Breezes/Mita Mary restaurants) becasue of the majestic rocky island outcroppings that create a slightly more lagoon feel. The FS doesn’t have anything quite like that.

But neither resort is known for its swimmable beaches! Just as Los Cabos are known for having beautiful beaches but from which you most commonly cannot swim due to dangerous riptides and strong currents, Punta Mita is known for beautifully dramatic beaches and seaside views but from which you most commonly do not swim much because those beaches are quite rocky underneath. Both locales have guests more often than not playing on and relaxing on the beaches and swimming and relaxing in the pools.
As I'm sure you know, the best spot to swim at the St Regis is to the far right where the boat(s) come in and where you go out paddle boarding. It is a little rocky but nothing that would stop you. The best swim is just take the SUPs out and fall off. Perfect to swim lol
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:20 am
Suspended

As I'm sure you know, the best spot to swim at the St Regis is to the far right where the boat(s) come in and where you go out paddle boarding. It is a little rocky but nothing that would stop you. The best swim is just take the SUPs out and fall off. Perfect to swim lol
Absolutely! That is the calmer area by the Mita Mary’s/Sea Breezes that I’d mentioned. (Our villa is basically right next to that beach area, conveniently enough.)

We are going on a private catamaran (48’) excursion today with our friends...right from that same beach. Hoping for a beautiful day on the water and to the Marietas Islands...with perhaps some whale sightings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.