FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RichardInSF
List of Higher End Munich Hotels in Alphabetical Order
  • Bayerischer Hof
  • Kempinski Vier Jahreszeiten
  • Mandarin Oriental
  • Sofitel Bayerpost
  • The Charles Hotel

but I, RichardInSF (not speaking as mod), think it's pretty darn clear that the MO and Charles are a step above the other three.
Print Wikipost

Munich Hotels (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Aventine
The omelette looks horrible along with the rest of the room service breakfast.
Yes, optical it’s far from great, taste was slightly better. Had better breakfast elsewhere....
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
The omelette looks horrible along with the rest of the room service breakfast.
I agree. I wonder who signs this off? Even the tableware has seen better days.

Thanks for the update, offerendum — nice suite, although it looks more like a mid-range apartment than a hotel suite.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by scented
I agree. I wonder who signs this off? Even the tableware has seen better days.

Thanks for the update, offerendum — nice suite, although it looks more like a mid-range apartment than a hotel suite.
You are right with the tablewear, didn´t mention it on the first view. Was still too angry I couldn´t eat at the restaurant.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any experiences with Virtuoso upgrades at MO? After my last experience at Charles I will give it a try. Bayrischer Hof has guaranteed upgrades but crazy prices paired with terrible rooms.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
Any experiences with Virtuoso upgrades at MO? After my last experience at Charles I will give it a try. Bayrischer Hof has guaranteed upgrades but crazy prices paired with terrible rooms.
My experience so far is that they upgrade 'within the category', in other words you'll get a couple sq ft more... or not! At least they are consistent in not upgrading, so you'll know what to expect.

It probably still is the best option in Munich, so give it a try!
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My experience so far is that they upgrade 'within the category', in other words you'll get a couple sq ft more... or not! At least they are consistent in not upgrading, so you'll know what to expect.

Thanks! Think will book the Mandarin room as it seems to be the best value. Nicest room seems to be Tower Suite but for a Business Trip I dont pay 2500 per night.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum

Thanks! Think will book the Mandarin room as it seems to be the best value. Nicest room seems to be Tower Suite but for a Business Trip I dont pay 2500 per night.
I wouldn't pay 2500 EUR for ANY Munich hotel, business or leisure! Honestly, try to get a good deal and spend big on a hotel/resort which aims to delight, in a more hospitable place.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wouldn't pay 2500 EUR for ANY Munich hotel, business or leisure! Honestly, try to get a good deal and spend big on a hotel/resort which aims to delight, in a more hospitable place.
No worry, in Germany my wallet is relatively closed....
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:58 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

My experience was that they ignored the upgrade possibility on check-in, but when I pushed them on it, they offered me a slightly better room. So you may need to remind them.

My Virtuoso agent has more than once gotten the Charles to guarantee an upgrade at time of booking, although it was not during a busy period.
scented likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
My experience was that they ignored the upgrade possibility on check-in, but when I pushed them on it, they offered me a slightly better room. So you may need to remind them.

My Virtuoso agent has more than once gotten the Charles to guarantee an upgrade at time of booking, although it was not during a busy period.
My success at the Charles was also very good so far regarding upgrades. Also read at SFO777s Blog that he asked for an upgrade with success. So will do this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Any reports on the Munich Marriott? Booked there three nights next week
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by manstein58
Stayed there in 2004 so a few years ago. Location is suboptimal for sightseeing and it´s far away from anything what can be called luxury. I guess you get better response at the Marriott Forum.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by manstein58
Not luxury!
Old Mar 11, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Has anyone had direct experience using the concierge service at any of the top
Munich hotels for "difficult" requests?

I don't mean standard request such as restaurant reservations etc., but more in the nature of obtaining a ticket to (what is anticipated to be) a sold out performance at the Nationaltheater.

Thank you for your assistance,
Has anyone had more recent experiences with this, and particularly at the Staatsoper (for either opera or ballet)? I have a very bad ticket for a nearly sold out performance of the Staatsballett, and would like a better one. I am largely indifferent as to where I stay that night provided they can find me a decent seat. I'd normally look to the VJ as it's so close, but the concierge there booked me a tour on my last visit that failed to pick me up...
Old Mar 11, 2018, 4:01 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rfrost
Has anyone had more recent experiences with this, and particularly at the Staatsoper (for either opera or ballet)? I have a very bad ticket for a nearly sold out performance of the Staatsballett, and would like a better one. I am largely indifferent as to where I stay that night provided they can find me a decent seat. I'd normally look to the VJ as it's so close, but the concierge there booked me a tour on my last visit that failed to pick me up...
Hey there, LTNS! I have had decent luck with the concierge at the Charles -- but not with tickets or reservations. They handled some shipping and customs issues well for me on two different occasions. Maybe that's transferable to what you need, maybe not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.