Amangani, Jackson Hole, WY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amangani, Jackson Hole, WY

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: luxury traveler
I put a few pics up, I wish we took more!! I suspect they don't have more pics on the website so as not to diminish the WOW factor of checking in... The space, views, finishes and privacy of the suite and patio were well worth the price differential for our family of four. My only concern was that the carpet installer left too many visible seams- otherwise it's quite outstanding. Best wishes for your travels!

Last edited by chicagocat; Aug 27, 2013 at 12:42 pm Reason: typo!
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:19 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

I think my wife's been bitten by the Aman bug..... here words were:
Ill go anywhere they have a resort....." that all being said are anniversary is coming up and I'm thinking of Amangani.. in October... I guess that this would be the low low season... any thoughts? we're not skiers or anything but are looking for a place just to get away and relax... I saw some remarks that this isn't as much a destination resort as some of the other amans....

FDW
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:48 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
I ' d go . Will be lovely with the fall colours & the parks will be just about all yours . Views are quite spectacular even from suite - Tetons , etc
Haven't made it to Giri yet so that can be another option - state side.

Lining up birthdays , anniversaries ( think of the possibilities - any thing that one can make an anniversary of other than wedding )
Am figuring how to get back to Pulo in between Kila / Puri ?
Then Jena , Zoe , AmanSS , Ruya or ?? later in the year .
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I think my wife's been bitten by the Aman bug..... here words were:
Ill go anywhere they have a resort....." that all being said are anniversary is coming up and I'm thinking of Amangani.. in October... I guess that this would be the low low season... any thoughts? we're not skiers or anything but are looking for a place just to get away and relax... I saw some remarks that this isn't as much a destination resort as some of the other amans....

FDW
October?

I would say you may want to rethink this idea, unless you want to only stay at the resort. (and even then, I would call them to ask what options and activities will be available.)

The town of Jackson and Teton Village "shut down" in the off season (May / June and September / October / November), so your options will be somewhat limited.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:47 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
We went sometime in (early?) June which was nice and cool for doing outdoor activities. I would think October would be the same and could be very nice for seeing Yellowstone, horseback riding etc.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I went in late May to Amangani. Great to see the Tetons & Yellowstone without massive traffic jams.

However - it's still "late winter" - it snowed on us while we were hiking. Weather in October could be equally iffy.

Also, though quite nice Amangani is not at the same level as the Asian Amans.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 11:29 am
Original Member

More input on timing of Amangani visit? We are decidedly NOT snow people so considering Sept. Or early Oct. I note above some shutdowns in that time period but as long as the parks are open, the vistas visible, we should be fine. What do y'all think?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by KatW
More input on timing of Amangani visit? We are decidedly NOT snow people so considering Sept. Or early Oct. I note above some shutdowns in that time period but as long as the parks are open, the vistas visible, we should be fine. What do y'all think?
September in that part of the world is amazing. I would email the manager and ask when they see the fall colors come out. It is likely late September, but I don't know the elevation. But September is usually warm and sunny in the day and cool at night. October could go either way.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I would not do October if you are not snow (or cold) people. September can be very nice with cool nights and a lot less traffic in the area.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
We've been twice. First time was Oct, Second time in July. I'd highly recommend 'gani in Oct . There is a lot to do off season in this part of the world. If you're lucky, you'll get a dusting of snow.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
If you're lucky, you'll get a dusting of snow.
I think you mean "unlucky".
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:27 pm
Original Member

Late September is looking good. Is it more advantageous to book through Virtuoso or through FHR?

And, thanks for the input above.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by aa213bb
I think you mean "unlucky".
No. I mean lucky. The views improve dramatically from Amangani with a light dusting of snow on the Tetons.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:59 pm

We are decidedly NOT snow people ...
That's why I wrote "unlucky". She's not interested in snow.

Personally, I agree with you. But spending so much time in SoCal I'd bet we both find snow charming/romantic/breathtaking.

We just returned from Finnish Lapland and had an amazing time, with beautiful snow.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:37 am
Original Member

Opinions as to which is most beneficial: booking through Virtuoso or through FHR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.