Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Need advice on Hotels in Beverly hills

Old Feb 1, 2009, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

I am planning a trip to Beverly Hills for 40 days and need your advice to which hotel to book. I m currently torn between the Peninsula or Four Seaons Beverly hills. Any recommendation will be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2009, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

peninsula has those villas, as well as bookable RR phantom.

id be interested in hearing how each property negotiates on 40 day stay, especially in this economic climate. please let us know.

too bad montage didnt turn out well, the residences might have 1 month minimum leases.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

can you really negotiate rates for longer stays?? They usually offer me tax return on the 31st night!
Old Feb 1, 2009, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...s-angeles.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...lls-hotel.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...rly-hills.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...es-hotels.html

edit >

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11020218-post2.html

@ FS
virtuoso - use of cabana, fruit
FHR - lunch

@ pen
virtuoso - $100 beverage credit at belvedere
FHR - oneway airport transfer

andrew harper Q club ($200/year) @ pen
- Villa King - $695 ($130 discount)
- Garden/Villa Suite - $1095 ($155 discount)
- Deluxe Suite - $1525 ($50 discount)
- suites get oneway airport transfer

centurion FHR @ pen
- upgrade at booking
- guaranteed 6 pm checkout
- 2 spa treatments
- one or two way airport transfer

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 1, 2009 at 4:04 pm
Old Feb 1, 2009, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

who is virtuoso/FHR?
Old Feb 1, 2009, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Kagehitokiri, thats really interesting information^
I have stayed before at the Beverly wilshire but can't see myself staying there again especially for 40 days!
I really hope to hear more from recent travellers and their opinion between Pen vs FS BH (if you have to stay for 40 days which would you choose)!
Old Feb 1, 2009, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by RR78
who is virtuoso/FHR?
Virtuoso is a travel agent network, book with a participating agent and get the Virtuoso value-added amentieis.

FHR is American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts program, which comes with value-added amenities when making bookings (The Platinum and Centurion cards have access to the FHR program, and have different amenities in many cases.)
Old Feb 1, 2009, 4:25 pm

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
The Peninsula definitely, if for no other reason than the fact that you can walk pretty much anywhere in downtown BH whereas at the FS you have to get in a car to get anywhere.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 4:32 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Are these 40 days before or after the award's season? Especially Oscars
Old Feb 1, 2009, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RR78
I really hope to hear more from recent travellers and their opinion between Pen vs FS BH

Originally Posted by luxury
I find the service at the Pen and FS to be about the same but I found F&B to be far superior at the FS.
Originally Posted by robyng
We stayed at the FS Beverly Hills in 2000...The rooms were "tired" then - and they are probably more tired now if they haven't been renovated (we had an executive suite - no complaints about the size of the room). But the service was genuinely friendly and exceptional. We had Sunday brunch with family we hadn't seen for a long time on the patio - and the staff didn't bother us at all for almost 3 hours - even when people were waiting for tables. The hotel car was always available to drop us off and pick us up in the immediate area. Service at the pool was pampering...FS is perhaps a 10-15 minute walk from Rodeo Drive (the Peninsula is about 3 minutes closer) - and about a 10-15 minute walk from a lot of great furniture stores on Beverly Blvd. Otherwise - you need a car to get to places...
Originally Posted by trojanman
3. Peninsula - Fantastic location. Consistently rated as one of the best, if not the single best place to stay in LA. I've never seen their rooms, but I've visited the property. This is a great place to stay if you won't have a rental car, as the hotel has a complimentary car within 1 mile radius. Also, because it's centrally located, cabs will be more reasonable if you need to travel further.

5. Four Seasons (original). Fantastic service, slightly residential in feel, rooms OK. Consistently rated as high as the peninsula, but it lacks the charm of the Pen.
I actually think that the Pen lacks the charm of the Four Seasons on Doheny. ...
Originally Posted by trvlr70
I'd agree as well. Plus the FS has one of the better Sunday brunches in LA.
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
The Peninsula is better these days since their new GM arrived, but the standard and deluxe rooms are pretty tacky, I think. You have to get one of the suite villas in the gardens to really appreciate this place.

I still like the Four Seasons LA because of its garden setting and its fabulous pool area - easily the largest of the hotels mentioned here. It's also a good place to eat, and service is very good indeed.
@ pen >
The hotel offer a courtesy car to take you into Beverly Hills, Century City, and even up to the Hotel Bel-Air for a small charge (usually waived by tipping the driver well). This service is booked directly with the Concierge and the standard vehicle is a Lexus. Upon request, you can book their Rolls Royce Phantom. For a $20 gratuity we were able to go to the Hotel Bel-Air for lunch on the Silver Phantom
On Monday afternoon, a brand new black Phantom was delivered and the year old Silver one returned (the hotel gets a new one every year). The black one is whisper quiet and more technologically fancy -- the rear tray table also flips up housing a huge monitor for the entertainment. Music selection is through the a hidden compartment in the central armrest.
from the end of luxury's pen trip report thread >
I truly appreciate the gesture from the Peninsula and I feel I have now experienced what a Peninsula stay ought to be like. They have convinced me and I will be back for sure.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 8:03 pm

Programs: BA, LH, BD
Virtuoso at PEN
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily Continental Breakfast for up to two in-room guests, in The Roof Garden or via room service
12 Noon early check-in/4PM late check-out, subject to availability
$100 beverage credit with Dinner in The Belvedere restaurant
For those booking the Superior Suite category or higher, you will receive:
The use of a Lexus LS430 or SC430 during your stay (*Certain restrictions apply)

And there are some promo's going on at the moment, but i can't see dates mentioned

Having been to the FS recently it is looking pretty tired. I would say the PEN would be a better choice.

Last edited by ajinlondon; Feb 1, 2009 at 8:13 pm
Old Feb 1, 2009, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ajinlondon
For those booking the Superior Suite category or higher, you will receive:
The use of a Lexus LS430 or SC430 during your stay (*Certain restrictions apply)
luxury's first report (Grand DLX room) for example suggests category booked does not matter for courtesy cars.

in my above post, i quote luxury discussing the bookable RR phantom.

@ FS >
The Four Seasons Los Angeles also have a Silver Phantom as well. We enjoyed many rides around the area in this car..... the black S550 is not bad either...
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
are FS LA and FS wilshire bookable like Pen?
Unfortunately, no they are not. It is strictly first come first served.
Originally Posted by jja34-1
...This is the official policy but I know from personal experience that the FS will reserve it in advance for frequent guests (as long as you don't abuse the privilege).
information on virtuoso/FHR/etc compiled in sticky at top of forum
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...tel-links.html

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 1, 2009 at 9:49 pm
Old Feb 1, 2009, 9:51 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

My son and his wife had a flood in their home due to some type of plumbing issue. All I know, is that they have great homeowners insurance which covered their stay at any hotel which was comparable to their standard of living. This involved a stay of several weeks.
They initially decided to stay at the Beverly Hills Hotel. They checked out after 2 days. Thought the service was atrocious and room was musty. They also explored all of the other options you are considering.
Ultimately, they decided on the Four Seasons Beverly Hills (Doheny & Burton Way, not the Beverly Wilshire).
They were extremely pleased with their service and their accommodations. Their stay spanned several weeks. No complaints. My only complaint is that we met them for dinner one night in the restaurant. We paid. Food was average.. dinner check was very high. Ambiance was lovely.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Are you sure you want to stay 40 days in the one hotel? I'm one to hotel hop and would have stayed at maybe 4 hotels.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:58 pm

Programs: BA, LH, BD
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
luxury's first report (Grand DLX room) for example suggests category booked does not matter for courtesy cars.

in my above post, i quote luxury discussing the bookable RR phantom.

@ FS >

information on virtuoso/FHR/etc compiled in sticky at top of forum
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...tel-links.html

Hi Kagehitokiri - not sure what you are saying here. I just quoted what is on the Virtuoso website. The contracts change every year and this is what V-net says and therefore can be guaranteed.

Last edited by ajinlondon; Feb 2, 2009 at 3:45 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.