Wiki Posts
Search

Montage Beverly Hills

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2008, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA - GGL GFL
Montage Beverly Hills

Anyone stayed at The Montage BH yet? Would love to hear what it's like.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:26 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
I just heard that Montage Beverly Hills has signed a Virtuoso contract. Good set of amenities: upgrade at booking, continental breakfast, $100 F&B credit (IIRC) and even better amenities through a Montage Alliance agency.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

wow.. how high do upgrades go?

OP ended up staying >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11054859-post13.html
Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:44 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
I'm told that rooms upgrade to the next category, up to a Jr. Suite. You can't upgrade at booking from a Jr. Suite into a full suite (not sure if that can happen upon arrival)... and I didn't ask about upgrades within the suite categories.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 12:24 pm

Just received a PDF from the Sales Manager, and here's some more information about Montage.

24-hour flexible check-in/check-out
complimentary high-speed wireless internet access
Corner Suite and higher bookings receive complimentary use of Mercedes during stay

Clients of "Montage Alliance" agencies receive one way complimentary airport transfer to/from LAX (for guestrooms) or round-trip transfers (for suites) — or, alternatively, generous spa credits. This is in lieu of the normal Virtuoso "extra amenity".
Old Jan 16, 2009, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

great details DavidO ^

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
montage - mercedes for some guests
raffles - airport transfers for all guests, top suites can include ferrari, bentley, lamborghini
Old Jan 16, 2009, 4:51 pm

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
From what I understand there is one Mercedes (a CLK 500) for 16 suites. So who's feeling lucky?
Old Jan 17, 2009, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I have not stayed at the Montage but live in the area and have explored the common area. I would avoid this hotel. Not sure what the price points are, but would recommend the Pen, FS or The Beverly Hills Hotel over this hotel if you are looking for BH accomodations. Yes, it is more centrally located to the shopping than the others, but they are all pretty close. Overall, the hotel just feels so sterile and has no character whatsoever. I was a big fan of the laguna beach location and this location feels like a suburban gated community. Also, the lobby is generally filled with "working girls".
Old Jan 17, 2009, 5:43 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Originally Posted by uclabruin82
I have not stayed at the Montage but live in the area and have explored the common area. I would avoid this hotel. Not sure what the price points are, but would recommend the Pen, FS or The Beverly Hills Hotel over this hotel if you are looking for BH accomodations. Yes, it is more centrally located to the shopping than the others, but they are all pretty close. Overall, the hotel just feels so sterile and has no character whatsoever. I was a big fan of the laguna beach location and this location feels like a suburban gated community. Also, the lobby is generally filled with "working girls".
I would agree with uclabruin82 (which figures because I'm also a UCLA alum). I feel like the Montage has absolutely no "character" at all. To have spent all that money and created something so uninspiring is a really a shame. I would just add the Beverly Wilshire to the list of good alternatives, although I prefer the Pen (and the Bel Air if you're willing to drive a little).
Old Jan 23, 2009, 1:17 am

Awful Awful. Laguna Montage is probably my favorite California resort, much more so than Post Ranch Inn. But BH Montage is HORRID. Avoid it. Hotel Bel Air, or Bev. Hills Hotel or Peninsula instead. Sorry
Old Jan 23, 2009, 5:52 am

Eric, would you mind elaborating what's so awful about MONTAGE, please? Service? Decor? F&B? Atmosphere?

Originally Posted by ErikQJames
Awful Awful. Laguna Montage is probably my favorite California resort, much more so than Post Ranch Inn. But BH Montage is HORRID. Avoid it. Hotel Bel Air, or Bev. Hills Hotel or Peninsula instead. Sorry
Old Jan 28, 2009, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA - GGL GFL
Originally Posted by vSFU
Anyone stayed at The Montage BH yet? Would love to hear what it's like.
I stayed at The Montage in late-December and would probably not go back.
This is what I posted on TA:

I've stayed at a number of hotels in LA, including Th Bel Air and Beverly Wilshire. Unfortunately, I was somewhat disappointed by my experience at The Montage. On a positive note, the hotel has a great gym, spa, concierge and doorman.

The negatives:
- the hotel feels soulless, no atmosphere or buzz
- bathroom lights turns off after 4 minutes if there is no movement in the bathroom. However, if you are in the shower or toilet, the movement detector cannot "see" you and the lights go out - clearly designed by someone who did not bother to build and test a mock up room!
- TV above the bath has been installed at standing eye-level. However, if you are taking a bath and want to watch the TV, you cannot see the screen when lying in the bath due to the type of LCD screen used - one again, the designers have not thought through the layout.
- I was quite amazed at the design flaws for a newly built luxury hotel.
- A number of mistakes on various occasions with the breakfast room service.
- Grand Deluxe room felt quite small, ok for 1 person but not really for 2.

If returning to LA, and I wanted to be in Beverly Hills I'd probably pick The Beverly Wilshire or The Peninsula before The Montage, however my favourite remains The Bel Air.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:10 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by vSFU
I stayed at The Montage in late-December and would probably not go back.
This is what I posted on TA:

I've stayed at a number of hotels in LA, including Th Bel Air and Beverly Wilshire. Unfortunately, I was somewhat disappointed by my experience at The Montage. On a positive note, the hotel has a great gym, spa, concierge and doorman.

The negatives:
- the hotel feels soulless, no atmosphere or buzz
- bathroom lights turns off after 4 minutes if there is no movement in the bathroom. However, if you are in the shower or toilet, the movement detector cannot "see" you and the lights go out - clearly designed by someone who did not bother to build and test a mock up room!
- TV above the bath has been installed at standing eye-level. However, if you are taking a bath and want to watch the TV, you cannot see the screen when lying in the bath due to the type of LCD screen used - one again, the designers have not thought through the layout.
- I was quite amazed at the design flaws for a newly built luxury hotel.
- A number of mistakes on various occasions with the breakfast room service.
- Grand Deluxe room felt quite small, ok for 1 person but not really for 2.

If returning to LA, and I wanted to be in Beverly Hills I'd probably pick The Beverly Wilshire or The Peninsula before The Montage, however my favourite remains The Bel Air.
Are there any particular spa treatments you would recommend?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 8:17 am

Programs: UAL:1K, DL:Plat, CO:Plat, HH:Diamond, SPG:Plat
My wife and I just returned from a 2 night stay at Montage BH. We usually stay at the Pen but when Ali Kasciski (GM) asked us to try his hotel, we gave it a shot.

The Montage is much nice than the Pen. The rooms are much nicer (and larger), the staff is much better trained, the spa is incredible, and the lobby lounge is beautiful. I do agree there are certain areas of the hotel that need to be worn in and gain an identity so that they do not feel sterile. This should happen over time.

Montage service in Laguna Beach is the best from any hotel I have ever stayed and BH has a very similar feel. I think it is only a matter of time before they are clearly the best hotel in BH imho.
Old May 6, 2009, 11:48 am

Any updates/recent experiences at the Montage BH?

I normally prefer the FS but need to stay for three days at the end of the month and their pool is out of commission, which really leaves the Pen, Montage or BHH. I like the Pen but think the rooms are getting a bit tired.

Would be interested to know about any recent experiences at the Montage to see if the hotel has gained more of a soul...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.