Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Montage Beverly Hills

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:25 am

And don't forget Mastro's!

I gave up on the Montage after three stays (in the first 9 months after it opened). Despite the location, decor (which is a little dark) and amenities, I did not find it to be a true competitor with the other luxury hotels in the area. The service was absolutely lacking and even though I raised some points with the manager, follow up visits were no better.

I have heard from trusted friends that with new management and time the service has gotten significantly better. The problem is that now I'm used to the Peninsula and frankly IMHO you will find no better in Beverly Hills.

I haven't stayed at the Beverly Wilshire but I attended a wedding there in May. Aside from the fancy lobby re-do I found the public areas to be rather dingy and the contact I had with the front desk and concierge when I needed something in the middle of the wedding reception was not up to Four Seasons standards.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:37 am

Thanks you for the info. I guess the Montage is also newer and everything should be more fresh in the rooms. I figure Beverly Wilshire is a little more run down but they say has a lot of feeling specially at Christmas time.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:49 am

Hi jj34-1. I looked at the Penninsula and has great reviews, and everybody raves about it, but is a little far away from where we want to be. We just want to have a fun family Christmas, in nice rooms with good service in the middle of the action in Rodeo Drive. It will be a difficult choice!
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
It's been a few months since we stayed at the Beverly wiltshire but it was a great stay.
We loved the bar,the service was very good and the studio suite was huge,in the old building.Room service was prompt.In fact everyone we met was courteous and friendly.
Concierge service was also excelent.
We visited the montage which was much quieter even though it was a weekend.
There were a lot of street works and landscaping / paving going on there at the time which I presume is finished now.
We felt happy to be in the Wiltshire.
The peninsula is about a 10 minute walk up the road.It's very pen like inside and when we had "royal tea" there,we were treated like royalty to be honest,which is a good sign.
It's immediate location isn't great though,it's a lifeless concrete street jungle type area with the high school around the corner.
You'd not know you were a 10 minute walk from Rodeo drive or that you were staying near a unique area in my opinion.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:31 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by larosetta
Hi jj34-1. I looked at the Penninsula and has great reviews, and everybody raves about it, but is a little far away from where we want to be. We just want to have a fun family Christmas, in nice rooms with good service in the middle of the action in Rodeo Drive. It will be a difficult choice!
One thing that is is nice about the Montage is the park along side the hotel. It is a lovely grassy area and it is nice to see families strolling and kids playing. Location is great. Canon is a good street for walking, is two blocks from Rodeo and has some of the best restaurants in So Cal.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:25 am
Suspended

Oldish thread but no reason for it to fall by the wayside.

Really good deal right now, especially for the spa-feigns out there.

Free 60 minute massage or facial.....every night of your stay (in addition to Virtuoso amenities). That's an upward value of $235 per day.

Book by March 31.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.