Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Montage Beverly Hills

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2009, 4:37 pm

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Don't forget the BelcAir. It's a bit further out but so worth the drive. And if a pool is important to you it can't be beat.
Old May 6, 2009, 5:11 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
I have not stayed there, but if you end up choosing to make a reservation, perhaps this deal may be of interest. I received an e-mail about it a couple of days ago:

"Come stay at the spectacular new Montage Hotel Beverly Hills, where design and service exist in tandem to exceed all expectations.

Book a room between now and June 15, 2009 through Protravel and receive a $185 spa credit or book a suite and receive a $370 spa credit.

Plus receive continental breakfast and a one category upgrade at time of booking...
"

I believe that in order to receive the deal, that it has to be booked by an agent from Protravel, however I am not certain. And of course, there may well be other avenues for similar perks/amenities, too.
Old May 6, 2009, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

protravel = virtuoso IIRC. sounds like theyre montage alliance too.

DavidO discussed virtuoso/montage alliance benefits earlier, including >

Originally Posted by DavidO
Clients of "Montage Alliance" agencies receive one way complimentary airport transfer to/from LAX (for guestrooms) or round-trip transfers (for suites) — or, alternatively, generous spa credits. This is in lieu of the normal Virtuoso "extra amenity".
perhaps thats the $185/$370 mentioned by MarshKing? except id assume contracts are through the end of the year, not mid june.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 6, 2009 at 5:51 pm
Old May 6, 2009, 5:59 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
protravel = virtuoso IIRC. sounds like theyre montage alliance too.

DavidO discussed virtuoso/montage alliance benefits earlier, including >
Great catch, Kagehitokiri. I really should have taken a moment to read the entire thread. When I saw the title, I just clicked on it and zipped down to see the recent posts.

As you noted, it looks like Brownell probably has the same offer as Pro, given that they are both in the same alliance with Virtuoso and Montage. (FWIW, Robyng also mentioned another high-end agency in FL that may well be part of this, too.)
Old May 6, 2009, 6:00 pm

Programs: LHW FS BA LH and other things
Protravel are having specials everyday for a month which only will be emailed to clients of Pro as to what it is each day so the above offer should be over and above what else is available but I have yet to check the Montage offer. Some very good offers thus far.

EDIT to add: The guaranteed upgrade it what is special to this offer

Last edited by Luxetravels; May 6, 2009 at 6:11 pm
Old May 6, 2009, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Luxetravels
offer should be over and above what else is available but I have yet to check the Montage offer
sounds like spa credits are about equal to transfer cost. $185 sounds possible.
(montage alliance amenity that replaces virtuoso amenity)
Originally Posted by Luxetravels
EDIT to add: The guaranteed upgrade it what is special to this offer
Originally Posted by DavidO
Virtuoso contract. Good set of amenities: upgrade at booking
perhaps protravel isnt montage alliance, but montage alliance benefits are being extended to them or virtuoso until june 15.

http://www.elitetraveler.com/business/2009-0917.html#5

At the Montage, Kasikci has found a traditional guest annoyance and removed it. Laundry service is anytime. There are no pick-up deadlines and delivery requirements. "Give us 45 minutes," he told me over a recent breakfast. Yes, anytime.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 17, 2009 at 11:32 am
Old May 8, 2009, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by MarshKing
I have not stayed there, but if you end up choosing to make a reservation, perhaps this deal may be of interest. I received an e-mail about it a couple of days ago:

"Come stay at the spectacular new Montage Hotel Beverly Hills, where design and service exist in tandem to exceed all expectations.

Book a room between now and June 15, 2009 through Protravel and receive a $185 spa credit or book a suite and receive a $370 spa credit.

Plus receive continental breakfast and a one category upgrade at time of booking...
"

I believe that in order to receive the deal, that it has to be booked by an agent from Protravel, however I am not certain. And of course, there may well be other avenues for similar perks/amenities, too.
There is a similar promotion in the most recent American Express Departures e-mail. Three nights for the price of two, $185 spa credit and continental breakfast daily (including room service). The promotion has to be booked through the hotel (Amex Plat Travel knew nothing about it). When I called the Montage directly to ask about the promotion yesterday, they also offered an upgrade from a standard room to a deluxe room at time of booking.

I'm almost tempted by this offer. I've seen pictures of the rooms and think they look ghastly but I kind of like the pictures of the pool area and think I could take advantage of the spa credit.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:38 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
There is a decidedly negative review of the Montage BH in this month's (March 2010 issue) of Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report. It is well worth the read.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:56 am

Programs: Earned: AC SE, AA PLT - Comped: DL PLT, Avis PC, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by jeffreyt
There is a decidedly negative review of the Montage BH in this month's (March 2010 issue) of Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report. It is well worth the read.
Care to share the bullet points? I had a fabulous stay there and was planning to stay again this summer.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

lots more discussion in other threads. some were saying it had improved.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 2, 2010 at 8:55 am
Old Mar 2, 2010, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by mattm00se
Care to share the bullet points? I had a fabulous stay there and was planning to stay again this summer.
Having cancelled my sub to Harpers, after 20 years, I did not see the latest Montage review. How bad was it?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 2:48 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by vSFU
Anyone stayed at The Montage BH yet? Would love to hear what it's like.
I've been there and didn't like it. Room was (much) smaller than a postage stamp, even with a Virtuoso upgrade. AC didn't work. Cheap water in room (s/b Fiji). Bartender needed a flashlight to read the menu. The whole place was darkish. Restaurant was better than Denny’s but not by much.

With the Hotel Bel Air closed, I think the best hotel in this area is the Pen, followed by the Beverly Hills Hotel. But the FS BW is pretty good also, just not a personable. All are good.

I cried when I heard the Hotel Bel Air was closing …
Old Mar 2, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Having cancelled my sub to Harpers, after 20 years, I did not see the latest Montage review. How bad was it?
Just read it. Bad, but he gave the place a 92 rating. I had cut/pasted his last paragraph before deciding I wanted to keep my membership.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 6:12 pm

Montage BH or Beverly Wilshire?

Hello there! I am new to this forum. I have been reading about bad reviews about The Montage. Can you provide a link for that Andrew Harper review? I am travelling for Chritmas with my husband and two teen age sons to Los Angeles and would like to know which hotel would you recomend in Beverly Hills...I already have reservations for Montage BH as well as Beverly Wilshire, which one should I choose??? Please Help!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:35 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I can tell you that the hottest restaurant in Southern California is Scarpetta at the Montage. The Montage is in a great location if one is interested in dining. Scarpetta has gotten rave reviews and just across the park/courtyard is Bouchon, . Bouchon is one of Thomas Kellers' fine restaurants (he of the French Laundry). Bouchon is the perfect bistro.
Now, if staying at The Montage and you feel like crossing the street...well, there you are at Spago
Have not stayed at The Montage. Sure do like the location and the on-and nearly-off-site restaurants.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.