Crisis discounts at highend hotels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2008, 4:47 pm

What is FHS/Virtuoso and Pref Partner?

What is FHS/Virtuoso and Pref Partner? Amex's Fine Hotel Rate was not applicable for the buy 2 get one free at the Four Seasons. What discount rates are there that could be applied?

Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2008, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

virtuoso is like FHR, see sticky.

FS preferred partner and RC STARS are top travel agents that receive benefits for their clients.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 5:59 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by Intrepidtraveler53
What is FHS/Virtuoso and Pref Partner? Amex's Fine Hotel Rate was not applicable for the buy 2 get one free at the Four Seasons. What discount rates are there that could be applied?

Thanks!
Which Four Seasons property?
Old Dec 21, 2008, 9:22 pm

FS Pref Partner

I am confused. So, consumer cannot join this? How do you find these agents?
Old Dec 22, 2008, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I am confused. So, consumer cannot join this? How do you find these agents?
If you live in the US, you will find a Virtuoso travel agent somewhere near where you live. The website presumably has details.

Alternatively, David_O and ajinlondon on FT are Virtuoso agents. PM one of them with your dates and they will let you know the Virtuoso rate and the special perks available. They can book for anyone, not just US residents.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 2:45 am
Suspended

Coming from Europe to Australia with the current exchange rate, there are nice discounts available.

As for LHW in Europe, the places (Ireland, France, Italy) we looked at for summer have no discounts at all.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

as i said "benefits for their clients"

DavidO for example can get you virtuoso / FS preferred partner / RC STARS benefits.

FHR requires amex plat/cent.

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 22, 2008 at 9:38 am
Old Dec 23, 2008, 6:00 pm
In memoriam

I think you will know that these hotels are really in trouble when they stop being anti-smoker. I know smoking isn't good for you - but - as a smoker - I am starting to boycott even those hotels where the weather is warm and one can only smoke on the balcony (like FS Palm Beach). About 25-30% of all Americans smoke. And a larger % of Europeans and a much larger % of Asians. FWIW - I checked with the FS Seattle yesterday - it is practically giving away rooms - and it is 100% non-smoking. It can keep its rooms as far as I'm concerned. Robyn
Old Dec 24, 2008, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by robyng
I think you will know that these hotels are really in trouble when they stop being anti-smoker. I know smoking isn't good for you - but - as a smoker - I am starting to boycott even those hotels where the weather is warm and one can only smoke on the balcony (like FS Palm Beach). About 25-30% of all Americans smoke. And a larger % of Europeans and a much larger % of Asians. FWIW - I checked with the FS Seattle yesterday - it is practically giving away rooms - and it is 100% non-smoking. It can keep its rooms as far as I'm concerned. Robyn
You mean you can't smoke outside at FS Seattle?

Do they serve Diet Coke? if so, it could kill you just as fast, if not faster, thanks to Donald Rumsfeld's Aspartame - hello brain tumours. Maybe they should have rules for that, too - only allowed to drink it when loitering in the car park....

Don't you just love health legislation.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 7:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
I followed the CN Traveler article and called the Resort Manager at the FS. Sure enough, the price came down and that was with the buy 2 get one free.
Did you call the GM at the hotel or the resort manager. and how did you go about asking for the discount?

I am looking at going to the FS in North San Diego for spring break and may give this a shot to score an upgrade or a discount.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Blue, BMI Blue+
Originally Posted by DavidO
[*]Fairmont Empress, Victoria, BC — rates start at $100 CAD with upgrade at the time of booking.
Fairmont Scottsdale has appeared on hotwire for $89 USD...
Old Dec 24, 2008, 10:01 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
You mean you can't smoke outside at FS Seattle?

Do they serve Diet Coke? if so, it could kill you just as fast, if not faster, thanks to Donald Rumsfeld's Aspartame - hello brain tumours. Maybe they should have rules for that, too - only allowed to drink it when loitering in the car park....

Don't you just love health legislation.
Yes, but by drinking Diet Coke, you are only killing YOURSELF. There is no such thing as second hand Diet Coke smoke.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 9:19 pm

I called the Reservation Manager at the hotel. Part of my issue was the price went up significantly when I changed my dates so they honored the previous price. I was unable to have breakfast included.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 4:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by xracer
Yes, but by drinking Diet Coke, you are only killing YOURSELF. There is no such thing as second hand Diet Coke smoke.
The only reasons hotels dont allow smoking is it can cost a lot to clean up and it takes forever to get the smell away. Also the smell gets to the non smoking rooms via the vents.

I have no clue how diet coke came into the picture.

If you want to smoke, just go on the sidewalk or walk down the block. Most office buildings dont allow smoking.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:00 am

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
The majority of North Americans are non-smokers. I, for one applaud hotels that are all non-smoking - Not only does this make good business sense, it keeps second-hand smoke away from those who do not wish to inhale it (children, non-smokers and even ex-smokers).

This being said - most luxury properties do have smoking floors. Perhaps smokers should pay more for their rooms (along the lines of the pet surcharge)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.