Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Crisis discounts at highend hotels?

Crisis discounts at highend hotels?

Old Apr 13, 2009, 4:34 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Benny8444
I have never seen hualalai priced this low. How does Hualalai compare to Maui?

I am just starting to take up golf so I dont know I am at the skill level that course requires
On our only trip to Hawaii in 1995 - we spent 2 1/2 weeks on 4 islands - and the "Big Island" was our absolute favorite. A lot less crowded than Maui - with lots to see in many different micro-climates. So I would vote for the Big Island - especially if you've never been there before.

As for golf - if you're a beginner - you're probably not at a skill level for any golf course . The issue is whether you want to lug your clubs to Hawaii to play a round or two - and pay for the golf (remember that in addition to the cost of the golf - you may have to pay extra baggage fees too). I am a 27 handicap - and it isn't worth it to me. But YMMV. If it does - just remember that we were all beginners at one point - and that no one cares how you play as long as you don't hold up play and tip appropriately. You hit a couple of lousy shots - and there are people pushing you from behind - pick up your ball and advance it as if you had hit a decent shot. Also remember that most resort courses are predictable in that your ball is in play - or it is gone (in the ocean - the marsh - the woods - etc.). To improve pace of play. So bring lots of cheap golf balls. Robyn
Old Apr 14, 2009, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LHW 3rd nt free - excellent hotel selection
http://www.lhw.com/OfferPage.aspx?id=17&ext2=OMN3FOR2
for example taj exotica maldives, after discount from
$415 - lagoon
$550 - lagoon or beach, with pool

OO palmilla - 4 nt (min?) - 30% off + $100 per day

dont remember if i ever added this to this thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...e-booking.html

re golf
http://www.luxist.com/2009/04/10/the...-hole-in-golf/

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 15, 2009 at 3:33 pm
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond)
Aman via FHR

Complimentary 4th Night at any Amanresort in Asia

Just came across this. Has this already been posted?

Booking Dates Offer Valid: Feb 1, 2009 - Sep 26, 2009

Travel Dates Offer Valid: Feb 1, 2009 - Sep 30, 2009

Nights Required 4

Promotion Code: E1320456

Terms and Conditions

OFFER VALID FOR BOOKINGS MADE 02/01/2009 through 09/26/2009, and for travel 02/01/2009 through 09/30/2009. A minimum stay of four consecutive nights is required. Travel must be completed by 09/30/2009. No blackout dates apply. Complimentary night(s) will be credited upon check-out. Offer is valid for new reservations only. Offer is non-transferable and non encashable. Payment must be made with an American Express Card in the Platinum Card or Centurion member's name. Offer is restricted to one per room, for up to three rooms per eligible Card member. Offer may be repeated during promotion period but may not be repeated during stay. Back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at a single <I>FH&R</I> Hotel are considered one stay. Advance reservations must be made through Platinum Travel Service (PTS) or Centurion Travel Service (CTS) prior to arrival. Combinable with <I>Fine Hotels & Resorts</I> program amenities or Centurion Hotel Program amenities, rates, and room categories only. Must reserve <I>Fine Hotels & Resorts</I> rates and room categories in order to receive promotion benefits. Certain restrictions apply. American Express acts solely as the sales agent for travel suppliers and is not liable for the actions or inactions of such suppliers. Additional <I>Fine Hotels & Resorts</I> terms & conditions apply, see americanexpress.com/fhr for details. CST#102238-10, Washington UBI#600-469-694, ML#1192, TA-002 Registered Iowa Travel Agency, NV 2001-0126
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i posted re HKG plat/cent in aman thread. youve got a US card? awesome news. ^
Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:48 am

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond)
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
i posted re HKG plat/cent in aman thread. youve got a US card? awesome news. ^
No I have an Oz card and will quote the promo code. Will be most upset if it's restricted to certain regions.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 5:11 am

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
AmanEx 4th night free...

...also good for Germany and Austria. So probably also everywhere else...
Old Apr 20, 2009, 5:17 am

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Plat, PC Plat, TAP Gold
bottom right @ http://www.banyantree.com/
>
http://www.banyantree.com/phuketfreenight/index.htm

also 50% off at al areen through may
http://www.banyantree.com/alareen/pa...y_package.html
after discount from >
$300 - DLX pool villa
$445 - desert pool villa
$1395 - 2BR royal pool villa

looks like 50% off a 2-nt stay at BKK through the end of this month
http://www.banyantree.com/bangkok/pa...les_again.html
after discount from >
$80 - DLX view
$90 - premier
$105 - club
$325 - spa
$495 - presidential
So on the extra night free promo at Banyan Tree, do you think you can make back to back bookings in different names and they will honour them?
For example I book for 2 nights with the 2nd night free, and then my wife books for the next 2 nights with the 4th night free as well.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

only BKK has 2 nt max stay... hence others are referred to as 50% off.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:04 am

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Plat, PC Plat, TAP Gold
only BKK has 2 nt max stay... hence others are referred to as 50% off.

Perhaps I've misunderstood, but my reading of the T&Cs proves otherwise.

TERMS & CONDITIONS:

The bits in bold suggest that it is only ONE free night per stay regardless of whether you book 2 nights, 3 nights, 4 nights or more. A dummy booking confirms this, hence 50% off is only for a 2-night stay.

My question then, can I make 2 separate bookings in 2 different names, but the same guests?
                      Presumably this is within the terms of the rules, but perhaps slightly outside of the spirit of them.
                      Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:37 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
                      Originally Posted by Ozchinois

Just came across this. Has this already been posted?
                      Ozchinois and others,

Thank you. Im set for 9 nights across the two Amans in Sri Lanka. Right now it is 4 at Amangalla and 5 at Amanwella. I'll seek advice about that split in one of the Aman threads.

This has to be toward the top of the discounts I have seen so far. To review the deal for Centurion members:
                      -Rate as low as $275
                      -Automatic upgrade at booking
                      -Breakfast daily
                      -1 comped dinner at each property
                      -Free spa service for 2 at each property
                      -4th night complimentary at each property
                      -6pm late check out
                      Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:46 am
                      FlyerTalk Evangelist

oyster, sorry about that. must be getting them confused.

DrivingRain, while 25% off is great since aman basically never discounts, you realize the sri lanka properties have been in "50% off" mode for a while because of security situation, right? amankila is one of the best regarded properties, on bali. amangalla would be the other sri lanka property. i seem to recall pretty poor reports, at least for amanwella. the cent/etc benefits also always apply.
                      Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:50 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
                      oyster, sorry about that. must be getting them confused.

DrivingRain, while 25% off is great since aman basically never discounts, you realize the sri lanka properties have been in "50% off" mode for a while because of security situation, right? amankila is one of the best regarded properties, on bali. amangalla would be the other sri lanka property. i seem to recall pretty poor reports, at least for amanwella. the cent/etc benefits also always apply.
                      Hi Kage,
                      Indeed. Rarely in this world do you not get what you pay for. There are clear downsides to the Amans in Sri Lanka....but when taking in all of the variables (such as the difficulty I had trying to get Skyteam premium class awards to BKK, HKG or DPS) it became the obvious choice.
                      Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by DrivingRain
                      Hi Kage,
                      Indeed. Rarely in this world do you not get what you pay for. There are clear downsides to the Amans in Sri Lanka....but when taking in all of the variables (such as the difficulty I had trying to get Skyteam premium class awards to BKK, HKG or DPS) it became the obvious choice.
                      I had to agree with Kage. From my own experience, I would recommend that you go somewhere other than Sri Lanka and the amans there.
                      I made a similar trip (8 days in galla and wella)based on the 50% discount and learned the lesson the hard way. The bottom line is that a trip has got to be enjoyable. The several hour commute on bumpy roads along will make most people grumpy,not to mention the serious service issues in both property. (amangalla's service was sliding fast as well) The activities in these 2 property was not well organized or diversed. So I was a bit bored there. And it certainly didn't make me feel comfortable when a high government official's car was bombed right before my journey to the airport. Overall, I regretted the amount time I took for that vacation because I could not enjoy it. The advantage of saving money did not make up for the time I loss.

But that is just me. Maybe it will be a completely different experience for you.
                      Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:52 am
                      Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
                      Originally Posted by deer
                      ...also good for Germany and Austria. So probably also everywhere else...
                      Does Aman have properties in Germany and Austria?
                      Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:55 am
                      FlyerTalk Evangelist

they were talking about the countries in which the amex card was issued. since offerings vary by country.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.