Wiki Posts
Search

Impossible task?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2008, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Impossible task?

Hello everybody,

I am a part of the "only reading, but now I need advice" group of ft luxury hotels forum.
I have to plan a vacation for my future mother in law, she gets
60 next spring and she wants to go on vacation and I am the lucky one who has got to do all the planning.
So I need a got idea for a 14 day trip into the sun.
She wants to go on an island or coastal region in the south, indian ocean or pacific ocean are prefferd, but the caribbean is not out of the game.
Because my future father in law is the one who is going to pay money is not a problem.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Intensivcare
Old Aug 19, 2008, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

budget?

perhaps a combination of >

private island resort
- maldives (OORR)
- phillipines (amanpulo)

other
- bali (amankila, amanusa)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 21, 2008 at 10:51 am
Old Aug 20, 2008, 4:28 am

If a cruise is an option, I've heard the Paul Gaugain via Regent cruise line is very nice.

We are taking a 14 day cruise from Tahiti to Figi with all the stops in between like Bora bora. Regents Paul Gaugain is a smallish cruise ship with only 300 or so passengers. So no hustle and bustle or large crowds.

I would also consider going to Aman resorts web site and pick 2 of her favorites. We loved the island of Bali and Amankila and FS Sayan.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 4:39 am

i highly recommend the Philippines because of more affordable budget..
try to go to Palawan wherein that is the leading tourist spot in the Philippines
Old Aug 20, 2008, 7:26 am

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Disclaimer - I am not associated with any of these places

Mauritius or Maldives - http://www.oneandonlyresorts.com/flash.html
Bali - http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Proper...li/Default.htm

Let's also not forget that a number of places in Hawaii can be quite nice as well.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 12:15 pm

Easy task!

This is an easy task, but it would be helpful to know where your future Mother in law will be flying from - Europe, US, Asia....?

Also, does she just want to chill out on a beach, or are cultural aspects important?

And.....does she like small, intimate resorts, or big people-watching resorts?

And so on and so on......
Old Aug 20, 2008, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

see next post

Last edited by intensivcare; Aug 20, 2008 at 3:57 pm Reason: misstipped
Old Aug 20, 2008, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Hi everybody,

first of all thank you for your help.

Here are the answers to vuittonsofstyles questions:

1. We are living in Germany
2. She likes to chill on a beach or at the pool
3. The hotel or resort should be small, 100 rooms/suites or less, and very good.
4. Sightseeing is ok, but shopping is better.
5. Money is no problem, my future father in law is willing to spend a fortune to please his wife

The last time I discussed the issue with her she mentioned that a 3-4 day stopover in the gulf region would be fine. I think she wants to spend money in Dubai. Is Dubai ok as a shopping experience or should we persuade her to stopover in Singapore, Bangkok or Hong Kong?

Greetings from Germany,

Intensivcare

P.s.: For those who wonder, I misstipped intensivecare while creating the profile.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by intensivcare
Hi everybody,

first of all thank you for your help.

Here are the answers to vuittonsofstyles questions:

1. We are living in Germany
2. She likes to chill on a beach or at the pool
3. The hotel or resort should be small, 100 rooms/suites or less, and very good.
4. Sightseeing is ok, but shopping is better.
5. Money is no problem, my future father in law is willing to spend a fortune to please his wife

The last time I discussed the issue with her she mentioned that a 3-4 day stopover in the gulf region would be fine. I think she wants to spend money in Dubai. Is Dubai ok as a shopping experience or should we persuade her to stopover in Singapore, Bangkok or Hong Kong?

Greetings from Germany,

Intensivcare

P.s.: For those who wonder, I misstipped intensivecare while creating the profile.
OK, got the picture.

Fly to Dubai and stay 3 nights at Residence & Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage. Opt for a Rooftop Junior Suite if you can. The shopping in Dubai will certainly please your Mother in law and the pool area is the best in Dubai - very chic, very private.

Fly on from Dubai to the Maldives and stay at One&Only Reethi Rah, which is private yet glitzy and also has a very good shop in case your Mother in law needs to refresh her retail habit. They have 12 private beaches, so I am sure she will be well provided for.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
OK, got the picture.

Fly to Dubai and stay 3 nights at Residence & Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage. Opt for a Rooftop Junior Suite if you can. The shopping in Dubai will certainly please your Mother in law and the pool area is the best in Dubai - very chic, very private.

Fly on from Dubai to the Maldives and stay at One&Only Reethi Rah, which is private yet glitzy and also has a very good shop in case your Mother in law needs to refresh her retail habit. They have 12 private beaches, so I am sure she will be well provided for.
Wow vuittonsofstyle that is a very impressive and comprehensive response.
You are probably going to be inundated with requests for travel solutions from far and wide !
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Wow

Vuittonsofstyle, my respect.
Thank you very much.

I present your choice on Saturday and I will post the reply of Mrs.C., my future mother in Law.

Greetings,
Intensivcare

P.s.: to give something back to the forum I will give a report about our usa trip in september: james,chicago;hazelton,toronto;pitcher inn,warren;mayflower inn,washington(ct.);rc cp,nyc
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hope both upcoming trips go well, looking forward to the reports.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 2:25 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
OK, got the picture.

Sounds like a very good proposal!

I live in Germany as well and can only add that OP should check the flight possibilities before presenting this option to his in laws. I seem to remember that the Emirates (obvious carrier when flying Germany-Dubai-Maldives) has a very odd flight schedule on this route. We are visiting the Maldives as well next winter (have chosen to share our two weeks holiday between the two FS resorts there) and chose to fly with Autrian instead of Emirates for the schedule reason.

And by the way: Business class tickets to the Maldives for this coming winter from Germany are already very hard to get, many dates sold out - which is another reason I think I would check about flight possibilites before presenting your proposal. I cannot see your to-be-Schwiegermutter flying tourist class the way you have presented her.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 3:15 pm

You could also consider Mauritius via Dubai. More to see and do then the Maldives.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Hi erik123,

we had the same idea.
Does anyone know something about the Royal Palm, Grand Baie.

Greetings,

Intensivcare

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.