Ritz-Carlton BOA Code

Old Jul 30, 2008, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Ritz-Carlton BOA Code

Is the BOA Code for the Ritz-Carlton for Bank of America Customers? Or is this a corporate rate?
Old Jul 30, 2008, 4:38 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Let me move this to our Luxury Hotels forum where a RC frequent guest might be able to help. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Almost certainly a corporate rate - looking at the RC Battery Park the rate shows up with 'must book through designated travel agency' which is an odd thing to say otherwise.

On the other hand, the rate there is pretty crappy by comparison with my corporate rate - and that rate shows up with "Please be prepared to show proof of eligibility for your rate ... " in the rate rules
Old Jul 31, 2008, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Hmmm..

Stealing from the FW thread...

BAC Bank of America

BOA Bank of America

Now if I could find out if this was for Bank of America customers or not..
Old Jul 31, 2008, 6:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
I just can't see the attraction of using corporate codes to which you're not entitled (or, equivalently, you don't know enough about to know if you're entitled).

So you see a fantastic rate online using XYZ code, then you turn up and they've canceled your reservation because you didn't book through the approved travel agent for XYZ Corp. You end up paying the walkup rate.

Or you get to reception and they ask to see your XYZ Corp identity card or business card; you bluff that you're visiting XYZ's office on Wall Street and they asked you to use this corporate code. Maybe you get lucky; maybe they insist that this code is strictly for XYZ staff and make you pay the walkup rate.

It's such a lottery and a pretty stressful way to start a vacation or a business trip.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by media310
Stealing from the FW thread...

BAC Bank of America

BOA Bank of America

Now if I could find out if this was for Bank of America customers or not..
It's for employees of Bank of America and they can ask for an employee id.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 12:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
FYI

One of my groomsmen is a BOA guy and he said that he gets asked more than 50% of the time for his ID on 8-10 stays per year. This is higher than has been reported for some other codes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.