Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Travel&Dining

Luxury Hotels and Travel

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Old Sep 3, 19, 3:40 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Had plenty of experiences where it was laid out in the closet or on luggage racks near the closet. I think leaving it there is just plain lazy, IMO.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Sep 3, 19, 8:06 am

Call me an unrefined American, but should I not be entitled to liquid soap? Over the day, having rested properly at night, I found myself enjoying the Crillon more and more. The service level rose very high. The hotels design lends to an incredible pizzazz. I was truly sad to leave. Johny the hotel driver was incredible, and I just boarded my flight by the skin of my teeth. He was well worth the hotels upsell.
Old Sep 3, 19, 8:08 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I've always had body wash when I stayed there... Never asked for it.
Old Sep 3, 19, 10:34 am

Don't forget that the Crillon does not have a GM right now.....
offerendum and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 3, 19, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by HumbleBee View Post

Call me an unrefined American, but should I not be entitled to liquid soap? Over the day, having rested properly at night, I found myself enjoying the Crillon more and more. The service level rose very high. The hotels design lends to an incredible pizzazz. I was truly sad to leave. Johny the hotel driver was incredible, and I just boarded my flight by the skin of my teeth. He was well worth the hotels upsell.
Maybe they forgot a bottle? Bath oil is used for having baths.
offerendum likes this.
Old Sep 3, 19, 1:58 pm

Sounds like it, or since this was placed in the shower they confused a bottle. Not really acceptable at this price point.
DonJ likes this.
Old Sep 6, 19, 5:53 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by HumbleBee View Post

This is how my luggage was placed in my room. Not a big deal, but very far from what I expected. I stay in hotels over 100 nights a year and cant think of the last time there was no attempt to place the luggage in a closet or on a rack.
Besides the luggage, also noticed the welcome amenity looks very stingy. Is that a jar of cookie?
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:01 am

Indoor Pool @ Peninsula Paris is awesome!

Great decor, good hospitality, nice bed and awesome indoor pool - biggest amongst all luxury hotels in Paris?
obscure2k likes this.
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:04 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
If the luggage wasn’t placed properly and caused such obvious consternation, I certainly assume that one immediately complained to the hotel management about the issue?

Waiting to share it with us after the fact would be pretty passive aggressive, after all.

I, for one, can say that I’ve never complained about such a small detail.
richarddd and bearbrick like this.

Last edited by bhrubin; Sep 6, 19 at 10:36 am
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post
If the luggage wasnt placed properly and caused such obvious consternation, I certainly assume that one immediately complained to the hotel management about the issue?

Waiting to share it with us after the fact would be pretty passive aggressive, after all.

I, for one, can say that Ive ever complained about such a small detail.
I want the luggage to be visible when I enter the room so that I don't have to search and be concerned it's lost. Even when our luggage is on racks, I usually want to move them. I've never regarded initial luggage placement as an issue, so long as it's in the room when I get there.

Obviously a YMMV issue.

Presumably "never complained" rather than "ever complained"?
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:37 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by richarddd View Post
That’s what I get for posting from an iPad. Darn autocorrect. Edited.
richarddd likes this.
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:45 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by richarddd View Post
I want the luggage to be visible when I enter the room so that I don't have to search and be concerned it's lost. Even when our luggage is on racks, I usually want to move them. I've never regarded initial luggage placement as an issue, so long as it's in the room when I get there.

Obviously a YMMV issue.

I honestly never knew there was a standard to this. I suppose if you asked your butler to unpack everything things would be different. Also your butler is usually reachable on WhatsApp so it's easy to ask for what you want even if you're not at the hotel.
richarddd likes this.
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:57 am

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Priv, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by kevin.cash View Post
Great decor, good hospitality, nice bed and awesome indoor pool - biggest amongst all luxury hotels in Paris?
We love the Peninsula Paris and the pool is awesome! The pool at Four Seasons George V is also beautiful, and only a few meters shorter than the Peninsula. We also really liked the pool at Le Bristol. It's not nearly as big as the Pen or FS, but it is flooded with natural light via its location on top of the hotel. I think all three hotels are excellent choices for families that want to swim after a day of seeing the sights in the City of Light :-)
Old Sep 6, 19, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by sophialite View Post

I honestly never knew there was a standard to this. I suppose if you asked your butler to unpack everything things would be different. Also your butler is usually reachable on WhatsApp so it's easy to ask for what you want even if you're not at the hotel.
Maybe different brands have different standards for luggage placement?
Old Sep 6, 19, 12:42 pm
Original Member

Apropos luxury hotel pools in Paris, I offer this anecdote:

From the NYT

Pamela Harriman, the United States Ambassador to France, a leading figure in the Democratic Party and for decades one of the most vivacious women on the international scene, died yesterday at the American Hospital in Paris of complications of a cerebral hemorrhage. She was 76.

Mrs. Harriman, who was preparing to relinquish her post and return to Washington, suffered the hemorrhage on Monday at the Ritz Hotel in Paris, where she had gone for her usual swim.

bhrubin likes this.

Search this Thread