Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2019, 8:57 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I believe all of the rooms at the Prince de Galles have separate tubs in the bathrooms. Certainly, our mother's regular room adjacent to our suite had one, as did our suite. Our friends' regular room also had one.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I believe all the rooms at the Crillon have separate tubs.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
I believe there's a difference between a separate tub and aa free standing one. If I'm interpreting jbandy10's question he's referring to the architecturally free standing tubs. Correct me if Im 'wrong.
offerendum likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by wripro
I believe there's a difference between a separate tub and aa free standing one. If I'm interpreting jbandy10's question he's referring to the architecturally free standing tubs. Correct me if Im 'wrong.
That's what I thought too.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by wripro
Correct, although I'm open to suggestions of places with tubs that people feel are particularly elephant.

​​​​​Sometimes you just want a nice big bath to share with the one you love.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 1:08 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by jbandy10
Correct, although I'm open to suggestions of places with tubs that people feel are particularly elephant.

​​​​​Sometimes you just want a nice big bath to share with the one you love.
I so hope you meant elegant and not elephant.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 1:30 pm

Maybe I did. Or maybe I want a tub big enough for an elephant. Maybe both....
offerendum and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 2:57 pm

La Réserve has great free-standing bathtubs even in entry level rooms ^
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by jbandy10
Maybe I did. Or maybe I want a tub big enough for an elephant. Maybe both....
I prefer the one for an elephant as an elegant (but small) tub has no value for me.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:58 pm

Checked in last night to the Crillon, and although the hard product is stunning, the service is absolutely appalling.

There was no hotel staff at the entrance to the hotel at all , needless to mention nobody to help with bags. This is at 12:30am while the hotel’s bar and lobby were still crowded.

Even after walking in with bags in tow, it took me a few minutes to find the check in area and staff did not offer to help.

Even after asking a staff member to direct me to the check in desk, he did not offer to help with my bags.

After checking in I went to the bar and sent my luggage to the room, only to find it standing up in the center of the room when I went up at 2am.

The butler had confirmed in writing via their Whatsapp account a few hours prior to arrival that he would place a toothbrush in my room, it was nowhere to be found.

When I called and informed them politely that the request had not be fulfilled, whomever answered the phone contradicted me that it was indeed placed in my room. It was not.

The soap is so weird that I used Shampoo for my body.

I was convinced there is no laundry bag in the room but finally found it inside a small drawer in the closet. It should have at the very least been places in the closet on a shelf where it’s clearly visible.

The check in agent claims the $100 FHR credit isn’t good towards their airport transfer (180 EUR) and only works for things like F&B & Spa, even though the T&C mention nothing of the kind. I may escalate this with Amex, although since I booked it on Amex.com as opposed to calling in I would have to deal with Amex Online Travel which is likely not worth the pain.

On the good side, the Bar staff were highly attentive and comped my ginger tea (although they strangely they did not have fresh ginger; only ‘ginger juice’).

I am told I am upgraded from a Premier room to Grand Premier; the roomsis definitely beautiful. I was hoping for a better upgrade; although I am in no way entitled to one.

The Concierge was very effective in securing dining reservations prior to my arrival and communicated it very clearly to me over email (with calendar invite), whatsapp, and printed notes in the room.

I very rarely complain about hotels, however I am particularly frustrated because I held the Crillon in such high esteem, and this stay was quite aspirational for me since I couldn’t justify the price difference from the Park Hyatt (corp rate). I now look forward to the Park Hyatt as a superior property, although am still tempted to try out the Bristol for the ambience. I am a huge fan of HDC.

Feel free to post any question regarding the Crillon while I am here.
SojournsOf likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:59 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
The check in agent claims the $100 FHR credit isn’t good towards their airport transfer (180 EUR) and only works for things like F&B & Spa, even though the T&C mention nothing of the kind. I may escalate this with Amex, although since I booked it on Amex.com as opposed to calling in I would have to deal with Amex Online Travel which is likely not worth the pain.
I'm sorry to hear of the service issues during your check-in. I wonder whether FHR contacted the Crillon on your behalf with your ETA at the hotel; I expect not, since it was a web booking. If sales managers are made aware of a very late check-in, at least they have a chance to alert the staff.

Regarding the $100 FHR credit, the front desk agent is correct. Hotel credits typically apply only to F&B and/or Spa services, and this is explicitly stated with the Virtuoso amenities for the Crillon. Hotel credit amenities rarely apply to services provided by third parties such as limousine companies, though there are some hotels that do explicitly provide these. The Ritz Paris, for example, offers round-trip transfers with VIP airport reception for Virtuoso bookings.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:40 am

I'm a regular at the Crillon so your experience is strange, although I didn't realize that non-suites get butlers too.

I'll say that I've had quite a few airport transfers (non-hotel and hotel) leave the hotel at 5am and there's always been a staff member waiting in the lobby area who assists me with my luggage.

And the Crillon never applies the credit to transfers, and I don't think they ever will, so that's a bit of an unrealistic expectation on your part (and also weird that you booked their transport without confirming the applicability of the credit). I have managed to get them to discount the transportation for me, but you have to pull in serious revenue for the hotel for them to do that for you.

I would also check if you got their questionnaire before arrival. Completing it clues them in to planning for your arrival.

Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:55 am

The hotel was very well aware of my arrival time, having spoken to me about it several times.

I need the airport transfer regardless of the credit because of a tight schedule (need my bags brought from the hotel to meet me enroute). That’s also the reason I booked a hotel with an expected high level of service. That being said, the hotels that don’t allow you to use it for airport transfers, clearly state the credit is for F&B, for Spa, or for both. When it says hotel credit it does in fact include their in-house transfer, in my experience. It being a usual or unusual benefit has nothing to no bearing on that.

Not that it matters, but it’s also not a very high expectation to have when the Amex rates are 10% higher than most OTAs, which is more than $100.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:05 am

This is how my luggage was placed in my room. Not a big deal, but very far from what I expected. I stay in hotels over 100 nights a year and can’t think of the last time there was no attempt to place the luggage in a closet or on a rack.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:57 am

IME--The bellboy/butler leave luggage in your room and housekeeping puts in on the rack. I've walked into my room at one point with several items put on racks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.