Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
Without Question. Wouldn´t also be wrong to do more against the causes of this.
Of course, the underlying causes of the unrest need to be addressed. The unfortunate reality is that not far away from the sumptuous hotels we all enjoy in Paris, there is also extreme inequality, squalor, and gang infestation. Among other things.
offerendum and United747 like this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

Of course, the underlying causes of the unrest need to be addressed. The unfortunate reality is that not far away from the sumptuous hotels we all enjoy in Paris, there is also extreme inequality, squalor, and gang infestation. Among other things.
Peaceful protests surely are one of the hallmarks of a democracy, sadly the list of countries in which this is possible is getting shorter each year. But looking at what’s happening in Paris is frustrating, anarchists traveling from all over the country to destroy landmarks hardly falls into that category. Where is their moral compass when they break into a Dior boutique next to George V?

Most hotels in Paris rely on external security firms to protect their properties, while the very best also have in-house teams. With all that’s happened in Paris the last years, looking at terrorism and various other impacts to the market, this is the last thing they need especially with the market back in shape now.

The lucrative pre Christmas / Festive Season business seems lost and damage in the billion range. I hope they can put an end to this.

Park Hyatt also had tons of cancellations from what I gather, and this now two months after their housekeeping went on strike for several weeks. I recall this was in October and for weeks, they had to close the main entrance due to protests starting at 8.30 am with dozens of guests on de la Paix side affected and numerous comps. Just another instance which shows that Hyatt’s outsourcing addiction comes to hunt then in the volatile French Labour market. To this day they still are the only palace hotel outsourcing one of the major aspects of a luxury experience...
Old Dec 9, 2018, 2:22 pm

We’re in jail at home every Saturday for the last 2 weeks and it’ll continue next satuday
Most of the bad guys are not yellow jackets but just taking advantage of them to break and steal.
Most if not all luxury hotels in paris are in the protests area.
Lot of shops are now closed on Saturday
offerendum and MikeFromTokyo like this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CGRA
We’re in jail at home every Saturday for the last 2 weeks and it’ll continue next satuday
Most of the bad guys are not yellow jackets but just taking advantage of them to break and steal.
Most if not all luxury hotels in paris are in the protests area.
Lot of shops are now closed on Saturday
Safer to be on lockdown than take more economic losses. The major department stores closed up on Saturday.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:42 pm

Traveling in August with a 16 month old , wife and grandparents. What are my best options? Don't mind a regular room for the grandparents and a suite for us. Must have a pool
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:51 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by atojbk
Traveling in August with a 16 month old , wife and grandparents. What are my best options? Don't mind a regular room for the grandparents and a suite for us. Must have a pool
I've always received nothing but praises on Four Seasons G V from families. Has a pool.
atojbk likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
There are eleven Virtuoso hotels in Paris with swimming pools ... here's a link to the page on V.com. Note that you'll get better amenities in some of these through FAN Club, Shangri-La Luxury Circle, Peninsula PEN Club, Four Seasons Preferred Partner, and Oetker Pearl.

Hotel Lutetia
FS George V
Le Bristol
Peninsula Paris
Shangri-La Paris
Barriere Le Fouquet's
Mandarin Oriental
Le Royal Monceau
La Reserve
Hotel de Crillon
Ritz Paris
United747 and bhrubin like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by atojbk
Shangrila sometimes has great deals on suites.
offerendum likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:13 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Aventine
Shangrila sometimes has great deals on suites.
Frequently runs a Stay 3/Pay 2.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Frequently runs a Stay 3/Pay 2.
Unbeatable value even if guaranteed upgrades are no longer as great as they were.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:32 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by offerendum

Unbeatable value even if guaranteed upgrades are no longer as great as they were.
Currently announced as 3 for 2 until May 31, 2019 for Shangri-La Paris. Blackout dates may apply, guaranteed upgrades still part of the Luxury Circle program for 2019.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by ABG
guaranteed upgrades still part of the Luxury Circle program for 2019.
Yes, but in the past the biggest room without view brought you a full Deluxe Suite. Now they created also Junior Suites (perhaps even Deluxe Suites before but the small ones). So Upgrades are slightly less valueable compared to before if you aren´t after views.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:57 pm

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Seems most offers end 5/31. Any idea if they usually run similar promos for the summer? I'll be there Aug 8th-14th for 6 nights. I see the MO has a free upgrade from Junior Suite to Duplex during that time. Comes with '2' MO perks for signing up but I'm sure TA's get the same perks?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Ritz Paris — confirmed upgrade at booking (Virtuoso)

Le Meurice and Plaza Athenée — confirmed upgrade at booking, up to the first level of Junior Suite (Diamond Club)

Shangri-La Paris (Luxury Circle)
Book: Superior Room; Upgrade to: Deluxe Room
Book: Deluxe Room; Upgrade to: Terrace Room
Book: Eiffel view Room; Upgrade to: Terrace Eiffel view Room
Book: Junior Suite; Upgrade to: Junior Suite Paris view
Book: Deluxe Suite; Upgrade to: Duplex Suite
Book: Duplex Suite; Upgrade to: Terrace Suite

Le Bristol — upgrade at booking (Oetker Pearl)

Park Hyatt — an upgrade will be confirmed within 24 hours if possible (Hyatt Privé)

Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's — upgrade at booking, highest category available is Deluxe Suite (Virtuoso)

Le Royal Monceau — upgrade at booking (Virtuoso)
offerendum likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:36 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Have an one-off special deal/upgrade (value of EU400/night) in the Suites category for Rosewood Crillon if anyone is interested in staying at the property and would be visiting Paris within the period of late July - Mid August. Please feel free to PM or email me.

Mods, not sure if this is an issue but if so, please feel free to remove it. My apologies for the troubles!
dgreen12, EuropeanPete and bhrubin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.