Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:40 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
While recently mooching at Male Fashion Week in Paris had a very enjoyable stay for five nights at the Hotel de Crillon. Stayed in a Grand Premier Room which was a good size, practical and comfortably furnished. Was an exterior facing room - as expected well sound proofed so no noise issues.

I guess minor issues - there were a few electrical faults with the room, easily sorted, but made me wonder if they did a proper pre-stay inspection of the room. Also to much "stuff" in the room - easily sorted but basically bowls, fruit, flowers, books etc made it hard to find useable space.

Check in was done in the room and the butler service was extremely prompt and our luggage was unpacked pretty much at the same time it took to finalise the checkin. Pressed garments were also delivered back within 30mins.

Butler service was very efficient - almost acted as a P.A. Would call to say the car service had arrived, would always then come up to walk us down to the car and check if anything was needed. Little touches were always spot on - a friend sent a crate of champagne and the Hotel contacted me to see if they could take the liberty of putting a couple of bottles on ice - much appreciated.

I grew up in a quite formal environment and accordingly eschew formality so really enjoyed the collegial service.

Pool area was maybe a little narrow but still great for laps. Public areas were warm, comfortable and welcoming. Personally I prefer the less is more viewpoint but is this case the more is more and maybe a little bit more worked well.

Very trivial but absolutely loved the Buly 1803 toiletries. Didn't have a chance to try any of the hotel dining facilities.
Aventine and bhrubin like this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chad75
While recently mooching at Male Fashion Week in Paris had a very enjoyable stay for five nights at the Hotel de Crillon. Stayed in a Grand Premier Room which was a good size, practical and comfortably furnished. Was an exterior facing room - as expected well sound proofed so no noise issues.

I guess minor issues - there were a few electrical faults with the room, easily sorted, but made me wonder if they did a proper pre-stay inspection of the room. Also to much "stuff" in the room - easily sorted but basically bowls, fruit, flowers, books etc made it hard to find useable space.

Check in was done in the room and the butler service was extremely prompt and our luggage was unpacked pretty much at the same time it took to finalise the checkin. Pressed garments were also delivered back within 30mins.

Butler service was very efficient - almost acted as a P.A. Would call to say the car service had arrived, would always then come up to walk us down to the car and check if anything was needed. Little touches were always spot on - a friend sent a crate of champagne and the Hotel contacted me to see if they could take the liberty of putting a couple of bottles on ice - much appreciated.

I grew up in a quite formal environment and accordingly eschew formality so really enjoyed the collegial service.

Pool area was maybe a little narrow but still great for laps. Public areas were warm, comfortable and welcoming. Personally I prefer the less is more viewpoint but is this case the more is more and maybe a little bit more worked well.

Very trivial but absolutely loved the Buly 1803 toiletries. Didn't have a chance to try any of the hotel dining facilities.
Did you end up changing the room or they did it when you were at PFW?

Nonsense. Toiletries maketh a room.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:11 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
Did you end up changing the room or they did it when you were at PFW?

Nonsense. Toiletries maketh a room.
Well I wouldn't have turned down an upgrade to one of the Grand Apartments - but nothing needed to justify a room change, just some problems with the lights. An offer was made to join them for some afternoon tea while it was sorted, but the pool was beckoning.

Extraordinarily tacky but some of the 1803 toothpaste may have "accidentally" found its way into my suitcase.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:00 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Hotel Lutetia (neighborhood: Saint Germain des Pres).
A Virtuoso preview property set to re-open in May, 2018.
Post a complete renovation and restoration. 137 bedrooms and 47 suites.
5 unique signature suites will include 2 penthouse suites.

Opening offer:
Two-hour walking tour of St Germain des Prés - choose from Historical & Cultural or Art & Fashion or Gastronomy & Celebration

Virtuoso amenities for 2018:
  • Guaranteed upgrade at time of booking (excluding from One Bedroom Suite and above)
  • Complimentary American Breakfast for two daily for duration of the stay
  • 100 EUR Hotel Credit to be utilized during stay for food, beverage, or spa (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
  • Guaranteed Early Check-in / Late check-out (Arrival and departure times must be stipulated at time of booking in order to guarantee early c/in / late c/out)
  • Wine & cheese amenities upon arrival
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Choice of a 'return airport transfer' or an exclusive tour of Saint Germain des Prés area when booking Deluxe room or higher

Last edited by BESVISOR; Jan 30, 2018 at 5:07 am
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
I'll be doing a pre-opening site inspection of Lutetia on April 20th (as well as some other Paris site inspections) and will post here!

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Hotel Lutetia (neighborhood: Saint Germain des Pres).
A Virtuoso preview property set to re-open in May, 2018.
Post a complete renovation and restoration. 137 bedrooms and 47 suites.
5 unique signature suites will include 2 penthouse suites.

Opening offer:
Two-hour walking tour of St Germain des Prés - choose from Historical & Cultural or Art & Fashion or Gastronomy & Celebration

Virtuoso amenities for 2018:
  • Guaranteed upgrade at time of booking (excluding from One Bedroom Suite and above)
  • Complimentary American Breakfast for two daily for duration of the stay
  • 100 EUR Hotel Credit to be utilized during stay for food, beverage, or spa (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
  • Guaranteed Early Check-in / Late check-out (Arrival and departure times must be stipulated at time of booking in order to guarantee early c/in / late c/out)
  • Wine & cheese amenities upon arrival
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Choice of a 'return airport transfer' or an exclusive tour of Saint Germain des Prés area when booking Deluxe room or higher
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:47 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by DavidO
I'll be doing a pre-opening site inspection of Lutetia on April 20th (as well as some other Paris site inspections) and will post here!
Sweet, thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:17 am
THR

We are keen to book Ritz Paris for two nights in June (hopefully three, if we can adjust flights).

We looked at Virtuoso online and they show no availability. Ritz directly does. We are keen for the added benefits of breakfast + airport transfers (supposedly a Virtuoso inclusion). Any thoughts on availability of rooms that aren't direct?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by THR
We are keen to book Ritz Paris for two nights in June (hopefully three, if we can adjust flights).

We looked at Virtuoso online and they show no availability. Ritz directly does. We are keen for the added benefits of breakfast + airport transfers (supposedly a Virtuoso inclusion). Any thoughts on availability of rooms that aren't direct?
Why not go through a TA?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:27 am
THR

I could - but I am not sure who can maximise our spend at that hotel?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:34 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by THR
I could - but I am not sure who can maximise our spend at that hotel?
This should help. Take your pick:
List of Virtuoso (and hotel club) Travel Agents who are also active FT members
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:32 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by THR

The confirmed upgrade at time of booking+flex checkin and check out time is a great offer here..... and a perfect reason to work directly with a qualified TA who can assure those things are properly worked out. The Virtuoso tool and getting assigned to a random agent might not always yield great results
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if not already posted, how high does confirmed one category upgrade go?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by JohnPalmer
Bulgari is coming to Paris on rue George V!
Will Four Seasons still have its high adr after this?
ps whendoes the new fs spa open?
Not exactly competition for Le George V... but a welcome boutique addition to the city.

The new Spa is on track for a June opening this year.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 7:46 am

Hey all!

I'm looking to book a trip to Paris this upcoming October/November. Reason for the timing is, I'll be in London for the Eagles game October 28, so I was thinking I would fly over to Paris afterwards for two nights. I want the most authentic feel for this trip, so I have naturally gravitated towards the Ritz (I'm also staying at The Connaught in London!!). The interior design is so far from my personal tastes that it's making me excited to visit haha.

Anyway, I am looking to book and was hoping for some insight.

My go-to is Hotels.com because I am not loyal to one hotel brand. For every ten nights stayed, I receive one free night, which is essentially 10% back. My credit card also gives me 10x the points so that's an additional 10%. Right now, here are the rates:

Virtuoso, Deluxe Room: $1,518 - guaranteed upgrade, airport transfer.
Hotels.com, Deluxe Room: $1,308.

I have always used Hotels.com, and I have always been upgraded. However, I'm not sure if I book through Hotels.com if I will still receive the airport transfer and the chance of a room upgrade (I know it's not guaranteed but my girlfriends charm ALWAYS works!). The difference between booking via Hotels.com and Virtuoso is around $1,000 for a two-night stay, in favor of Hotels.com.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 27, 2018, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Some points to consider:
  • a wholesaler booking is the least likely reservation to get upgraded — indeed, the likeliest to be "walked" or blocked into a "last sell room"
  • a Virtuoso booking will get you complimentary daily breakfast for two - have you priced hotel breakfasts lately?
  • you can book an Executive room (100€ less per night) at the Virtuoso rate and be upgraded into the Deluxe room you want
  • you definitely will NOT get complimentary round-trip transfers to/from the airport or train station
Question: how can a $210 nightly difference x 2 nights cost you $1000 more?

Bottom line, add up the value of the upgrade (100€ per night), 4 breakfasts (at least 200€ in value, probably more), and transfers (at least 250€), and you're giving up a lot of value ... as well as VIP treatment ... by going with a wholesaler.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.