Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Is this a good deal for Munich?

Is this a good deal for Munich?

Old Dec 5, 2007, 2:09 pm

Programs: IC RA, LHW LC
I would also suggest the MO - they just completed a refurb of their rooms
and the location is very convenient and the service superb.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 5:41 pm

We will have 1 night in Munich next month. We'll be coming in from Salzburg and leave for US the next day. Considering it's such a short trip, do you guys think it's worth spending the extra Euros to stay at MANDARIN ORIENTAL or CHARLES? We are thinking of going to dinner at MO's restaurant, but not necessarily stay there. We plan to arrive around 2PM and leave next day at 7AM.

Le Meridien (I know it doesn't fall into lux category) has very attractive rate and I am an SPG Plat.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 6:15 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
We will have 1 night in Munich next month. We'll be coming in from Salzburg and leave for US the next day. Considering it's such a short trip, do you guys think it's worth spending the extra Euros to stay at MANDARIN ORIENTAL or CHARLES? We are thinking of going to dinner at MO's restaurant, but not necessarily stay there. We plan to arrive around 2PM and leave next day at 7AM.

Le Meridien (I know it doesn't fall into lux category) has very attractive rate and I am an SPG Plat.
I can't say what anything is worth to you - that's up to you. Nor do I know why you'll only be in Munich for a day - whether it's business - or pleasure - or whether the "we" is you and a business associate - or you and your wife or a significant other.

I can say that if you check into the MO at 2 pm for pleasure with a wife or significant other - do a little local sightseeing (easy on foot) - and spend most of your time in the hotel and have dinner there - you will have a lovely time. We spent 4 days there in June - and were reluctant to leave the hotel - that's how good it was. Note that it was our first stay at a MO anywhere - and we had no special deals. Our room wasn't the smallest - but it wasn't a suite. Very generous size - and very nice appointments.

FWIW - when we got to the hotel dining room our first night - it was like we had stayed in the hotel at least a dozen times. And the second time we dined there - everyone knew more about my my likes and dislkes than my husband! Truly extraordinary service. I felt very pampered. Robyn

P.S. About the only downside was the silly little roof pool (didn't cut it for a girl from Florida). But I doubt that's a relevant issue for a trip in January.

P.P.S. And the nicest surprise was after I mentioned to a fellow at the front desk how much I loved the hotel soap - Molton Brown oatmeal - no longer available for sale to the public - I found a gift package of a dozen bars in my room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.