Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Shower in a Luxury Hotel (or which to avoid)

Best Shower in a Luxury Hotel (or which to avoid)

Old Aug 11, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
- Connaught London in the modern rooms with the rainforest shower head.
I realise i am quoting a post from 4 years ago but can anyone please clarify whether even entry level rooms in the new wing get an epic shower or just suites ?

Or do suites get an even better shower ?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Ritz Carlton Almaty - amazing water pressure and shower flow. Probably not very environmentally friendly but felt soo good.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 4:35 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

The Savoy in London - great large rain shower heads and good water pressure too! Even better when you combine that with waking up with a view of the Thames.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Nizar
I realise i am quoting a post from 4 years ago but can anyone please clarify whether even entry level rooms in the new wing get an epic shower or just suites ?

Or do suites get an even better shower ?
I've stayed in every room, but my memory is also not the best, so make of this as you will. All rooms have very powerful showers, but all the contemporary wing are walk-in showers, whereas the contemporary studio (junior suites) have double showers and large shower heads, due to being walk in showers. In the traditional wing all the showers are elevated and not walk-in.

I used to only request contemporary wing, but stopped as it's the side of the hotel and where all the bins get collected every morning, so noise can be an issue. Your upgrade options are also severely limited as there's only 3 suites, one of those is Ł11,000/n and the other Ł6,000/n, so Adams Suite is your only realistic chance.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 11:45 am

We had an entry level room in the modern wing. It was a LONG time ago (we stayed once only at the Connaught, it was in March 2010) but I still remember the rain shower I saw the exact same one at the W pool in St Petersburg.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 2:55 pm

Crikey i'm getting old. 2010 was so long ago it need long in caps.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by gegarrenton
Crikey i'm getting old. 2010 was so long ago it need long in caps.
2010 was another era for London hotels
Bvlgari was not existing, neither FS Trinity Square, actually I believe FS Park Lane was closed for refurbishment, the Lanesborough had not launched its refurbishment yet, neither MO, I think nobody was speaking about Rosewood back then, etc.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric

2010 was another era for London hotels
Bvlgari was not existing, neither FS Trinity Square, actually I believe FS Park Lane was closed for refurbishment, the Lanesborough had not launched its refurbishment yet, neither MO, I think nobody was speaking about Rosewood back then, etc.
Yes, I was just poking fun.

Seriously though, 2010 might as well be 10 minutes ago the way time flies these days to me. I'm still talking about stuff that happened in the 90's as recent...

You should have seen the 80's if you think 2010 was a different world
Pierre&Cédric likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 7:37 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Boucan by hotel chocolat in St Lucia looks to have epic double rainshowers in their suites.

Has anyone seen a shower at any hotel anywhere that is similar or even close to this ?

Old Feb 9, 2020, 7:58 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Park Hyatt Washington DC has shower rooms that size in all suites, but they do include the bathtub as well as the shower.
Fly_IAD likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 11:16 am

Skylofts at MGM in Vegas have the best shower I've ever experienced.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 2:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Avoid: Four Seasons Lana'i

We recently visited the Four Seasons Lana'i again. We had a good trip, but the shower floors are a triumph of design over usability. Someone decided to use small pebbles to 'massage the feet' during the shower. It's actually like stepping on rounded Lego bricks

Water pressure is good, and there's both a rainshower or wand option to switch between, but the floor is not a good thing!
Old Feb 9, 2020, 11:39 pm

I've found all the Firmdale properties that I've stayed in (Soho, Charlotte St, Ham Yard + Crosby St) to have excellent showers.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:12 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Boucan by hotel chocolat in St Lucia looks to have epic double rainshowers in their suites.

Has anyone seen a shower at any hotel anywhere that is similar or even close to this ?

Off the top of my head, but I may be wrong about both having DOUBLE rain showers (definitely double showers though) - Rosewood Hong Kong and Banyan Tree Macau.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
echo the views on the Connaught (can only speak for the jr. contemp suite). It was like standing under niagara falls.. it has no peer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.