Reload this Page >

best hotel in Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best hotel in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2019, 11:02 pm

I'm not saying the GH is the best or most "luxurious" hotel of HK, but it certainly has a right to be among the top, albeit at the lower spectrum (hence the rates reflect that as well). Since we are discussing about the "best hotel in Hong Kong" (title of this thread), it would be very unreasonable to simply rule out the GH just because the brand doesn't have the same ring as a MO, FS or Pen.

If Hyatt has rebranded the GH as a PH, doubled its room rates and kept everything else as is, would you consider it a "luxury property"? To me, the hardware and service of this GH is on par with if not better than PHT and Andaz Tokyo (to keep it fair within Hyatt) which many on this forum have no issue with considering them as "luxury hotels" of Tokyo.
KeepDiscovering and elg26 like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Leaning MO for an upcoming stay. I don't want to be on Kowloon, so that knocks out Rosewood, RC, Peninsula. I want to be close to Central so knocks out StR and leaves MO, LMO, 4S and Upper House. Leaning MO out of that pack.
dgreen12 and FlyerEC like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:31 pm

MO is my absolute favorite of them all, and my usual choice. I am however interested in the new StR for a stay sometime soon.
dgreen12 and scented like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by Central90210
I'm not saying the GH is the best or most "luxurious" hotel of HK, but it certainly has a right to be among the top, albeit at the lower spectrum (hence the rates reflect that as well). Since we are discussing about the "best hotel in Hong Kong" (title of this thread), it would be very unreasonable to simply rule out the GH just because the brand doesn't have the same ring as a MO, FS or Pen.

If Hyatt has rebranded the GH as a PH, doubled its room rates and kept everything else as is, would you consider it a "luxury property"? To me, the hardware and service of this GH is on par with if not better than PHT and Andaz Tokyo (to keep it fair within Hyatt) which many on this forum have no issue with considering them as "luxury hotels" of Tokyo.
Because though it is a fine hotel, it is simply not among the top in a market where there are so many truly excellent luxury options. It has nothing to do with the brand. GHHK is a large, very efficient and quite comfortable hotel. But even under Hyatt standards, it would not be a Park Hyatt. It is not as good as even the Grand Hyatt Tokyo and I don't really think that it comes close to the PHT or the Andaz Tokyo if you have stayed at those properties.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:50 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Aventine
I don't find anything particularly special about them but we can agree to disagree.
Arguably the best view of HK is from the same vantage point, but much higher up (there's a point up in Braemar Hill where local photographers go to for sunset/skyline pics):

It's this view:

But for some bizarre reason I think they've flipped the photo in this (obviously IFC should be to the left of the photo, and ICC to the right).
Old May 28, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Arguably the best view of HK is from the same vantage point, but much higher up (there's a point up in Braemar Hill where local photographers go to for sunset/skyline pics):

It's this view:

But for some bizarre reason, I think they've flipped the photo in this (obviously IFC should be to the left of the photo, and ICC to the right).
Had to study it for several minutes. It doesn't appear to be a flip. It's some sort of combination of photos. The boats along with the wave break are on the same side of the harbor as the Convention Center. In the real world they are on opposite sides of the harbor. One of the views is clearly from the Peak.

PS -- I'm wrong. Pickles correctly explains how it is flipped.

Last edited by mike_la_jolla; May 28, 2019 at 4:08 pm Reason: Wrong!
Old May 28, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
Had to study it for several minutes. It doesn't appear to be a flip. It's some sort of combination of photos. The boats along with the wave break are on the same side of the harbor as the Convention Center. In the real world they are on opposite sides of the harbor. One of the views is clearly from the Peak.
It's flipped. The boat shelter is CWB.
Old May 30, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Okay, tried to upload photos from my visit at Rosewood and most of the files can't be uploaded per usual but managed to get a few up successfully...More photos are on my site: https://www.besvisor.com/rosewood-hong-kong

Grand Harbour Corner Suite

Pool

Manor Club

Manor Club

Manor Club

Manor Club Bar

Manor Club Bar
Hi Besvisor that suite looks the goods. Have been tossing up between SR / FS / RW .... I think it will be RW.
ajca and 1readyset2go like this.
Old May 30, 2019, 6:03 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by amaroo
Hi Besvisor that suite looks the goods. Have been tossing up between SR / FS / RW .... I think it will be RW.
That's the Grand Harbour Corner Suite (with club access) and should be great for you guys
amaroo likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:15 pm

Loved our 4 nights at RW, poor old FS doesn't stand a chance. .... many thanks to Besvisor for making it happen!
BESVISOR and CappuccinoAddict like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by amaroo
Loved our 4 nights at RW, poor old FS doesn't stand a chance. .... many thanks to Besvisor for making it happen!
I heared not that positive feedback.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum

We travelled as a family and booked two suites, 1 x Grand Harbour Corner and 1 x Harbour Corner for the kids. The views from both suites are panoramic, superb, stunning. Stayed 4 nights and enjoyed all the facilities of the hotel - the Manor club is excellent.

The service levels are top notch and the staff bend over backwards to assist. Just prior to this stay we enjoyed 5 nights at Hôtel de Crillon .... it was on par with that experience.
BESVISOR and CappuccinoAddict like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:48 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.

Sorry to hear that! Do you know what issues they had?

No property is 100% consistent so I'm sure that some one could have had a poor experience. Which is unfortunate. I have seen this RW team deal with hiccups and they have been very good at recovering. During my visit, there were some elevator issues and wasn't working properly The team fixed it in 10 minutes but personally apologized to everyone who waited and sent an amenity to the rooms. Myself being one of them.

Also, did this person book through Rosewood Elite? That could also change the value proposition drastically and make an impression on the overall stay.

For example, by going through Elite, many clients are booking the Harbour Corner Suite and upgrading at booking into the Grand Harbour Corner Suite. Typically USD 400++ to USD 500++/night in difference. So some clients received thousands of dollars (in value) at time of booking which obviously kicks off their visit on a high note and come away very happy.

So far, I've had zero negative feedback on the property after sending a good amount of clients. Including ones who lives in HK (staycation) and clients who have typically visited FS, MO and TUH, previously. Some have made return bookings already.

But it is not for everyone. For people who really like the glitzy Ritz Carlton or very minimalistic decor, this won't be a great match. The Rosewood has a more subtle luxury residential feel to it. It's a large hotel but once you've passed the lobby, it's actually a very intimate space. Especially if you're in a Club Room or Suite, as the Manor Club team will pretty much take care of everything for you. So you're just interacting with a limited number of staff. A good number of the Manor Club team are from the FS Lounge. Of course, it's also not for anyone who absolutely has to be located in Central.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't get to try out the pool when I visited in March but have heard it's a great spot. So, I shall return
amaroo and LinLant like this.

Last edited by BESVISOR; Jun 23, 2019 at 6:58 pm
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others

The FS is undertaking a badly needed reno. Let's see what that does. Having said that, the pool setup there remains the best in town.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:35 am

The Upper House for sure. Man... everything is designed with elegance. From the food to the rooms - everything is on point
ngfan and bhrubin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.