Reload this Page >

best hotel in Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best hotel in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: DL Gold, AC75K, Bonvoy LTit, HH Diamond, SL Jade, ALL GOLD, IHG Diamond, GHA Plat, BA Gold
The picture is very helpful. I’m planning a trip to HK and wanted to possibly stay here. In looking at the hotel’s location behind these two towers, trying to upgrade to a harbour view room may prove very difficult.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:03 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by jman4321
The picture is very helpful. I’m planning a trip to HK and wanted to possibly stay here. In looking at the hotel’s location behind these two towers, trying to upgrade to a harbour view room may prove very difficult.
If you want an actual harbour view, you really should not stay at the St Regis - I don't know how to upload the pic from my phone to FT but if you're on Instagram I can send it to you (the view from the Harbour View Rooms).
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
If you want an actual harbour view, you really should not stay at the St Regis - I don't know how to upload the pic from my phone to FT but if you're on Instagram I can send it to you (the view from the Harbour View Rooms).
A bit like LMO, emphasis on design, boutique in size, though dreadful views.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:32 pm

Can someone compare the views of the Grand Hyatt upper floors with that of the new Rosewood? During our last time in HK we stayed at both the RC as well as the Grand Hyatt and much preferred the harbour views from the Grand Hyatt (you just don't have a view half of the time when staying at the RC). We are planning our end of the year trip to Japan with a stopover in HK and are looking to stay at Rosewood, but are afraid the views will be disappointing...
Old May 21, 2019, 12:59 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Passportinonehand
Can someone compare the views of the Grand Hyatt upper floors with that of the new Rosewood? During our last time in HK we stayed at both the RC as well as the Grand Hyatt and much preferred the harbour views from the Grand Hyatt (you just don't have a view half of the time when staying at the RC). We are planning our end of the year trip to Japan with a stopover in HK and are looking to stay at Rosewood, but are afraid the views will be disappointing...
I've stayed at both Grand Hyatt and Rosewood. IMHO, it's not even close. Rosewood has the best views in Hong Kong at the moment. Depending on the room/suite you book, you're able to see most of Kowloon, and full Harbour View across to Central.

I think GH is actually pretty solid for their league but it looks across to Kowloon, which doesn't give you that iconic HK skyline.

Views from the Rosewood pool is also pretty good and better than that of FS
I've had 4 sets of different clients stayed in the past 2 months and all agree the view is unique and the best in HK.

I took some photos from Rosewood's Corner Harbor Suite (the Club harbor rooms will have the same views). You can see that the views extends through out the entire suite and even the bedroom sitting area has a panoramic view of the entire Harbour + Kowloon (you can see Ritz Carlton as well): https://www.besvisor.com/rosewood-hong-kong

Last edited by BESVISOR; May 21, 2019 at 2:09 pm
Old May 21, 2019, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Rosewood has the best views in Hong Kong at the moment.

I took some photos from Rosewood's Corner Harbor Suite (the Club harbor rooms will have the same views). You can see that the views extends through out the entire suite and even the bedroom sitting area has a panoramic view of the entire Harbour + Kowloon (you can see Ritz Carlton as well): https://www.besvisor.com/rosewood-hong-kong
Great photos Hao! What do you shoot with? I’ve been very impressed with the Rosewood from photos/reviews, and will have to stay sometime and see if it dethrones the RC as my favourite.
Old May 21, 2019, 2:15 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by MicSanToro

Great photos Hao! What do you shoot with? I’ve been very impressed with the Rosewood from photos/reviews, and will have to stay sometime and see if it dethrones the RC as my favourite.
Thanks! But just a Sony A6300...Very much amateur stuff

We all have different tastes in hotels and that's the beauty of it! But I would think that most visitors would come away from Rosewood HK being (objectively) impressed by the hard product. Even if it's not specifically to that individual's taste.
Old May 22, 2019, 4:42 am

I've stayed at both Grand Hyatt and Rosewood. IMHO, it's not even close. Rosewood has the best views in Hong Kong at the moment. Depending on the room/suite you book, you're able to see most of Kowloon, and full Harbour View across to Central.

I think GH is actually pretty solid for their league but it looks across to Kowloon, which doesn't give you that iconic HK skyline.

Views from the Rosewood pool is also pretty good and better than that of FS
I've had 4 sets of different clients stayed in the past 2 months and all agree the view is unique and the best in HK.

I took some photos from Rosewood's Corner Harbor Suite (the Club harbor rooms will have the same views). You can see that the views extends through out the entire suite and even the bedroom sitting area has a panoramic view of the entire Harbour + Kowloon (you can see Ritz Carlton as well):
Thank you to for this! From what I can see, the views do look amazing indeed! Very nice pictures by the way: makes me want to stay at the Rosewood even more now :-) (deleted your link as I can't post - or quote - links yet)
BESVISOR likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 2:19 am

While the RW definitely has one of the best if not the best views of HK, the GH views are very good too. Yes, their Harbor View Rooms do look directly at Kowloon which is admittedly a lot less iconic than HK Island, but their City View Rooms (a step below Harbor View Rooms), Executive Room and most suites including their standard Grand Suites all have HK Island + Kowloon view.

If you're out of the hotel most of the day, mind as well save a considerable amount of money by staying at the GH, which is significantly cheaper than the RW, unless of course you have very deep pocket then RW is a no brainer.

View of HK Island + Kowloon from Executive Room

View of Kowloon from Harbour View Room

View of HK Island from Grand Suite (You also get a view of Kowloon further right of the photo)

Photo source: My iPhone
Old May 24, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Why is the Grand Hyatt even discussed in this thread? It's a very solid business hotel (and arguably one of the better Grand Hyatts out there) but it cannot compete against the likes of RW or other luxury properties in town.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
Why is the Grand Hyatt even discussed in this thread? It's a very solid business hotel (and arguably one of the better Grand Hyatts out there) but it cannot compete against the likes of RW or other luxury properties in town.
The GH is very much part of the social fabric of HK and certain suites are quite nice, though I totally agree that the hotel is on a totally different level compared to TUH, RW, FS and Peninsula.

Don’t see how GH would compare to RW.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by scented

The GH is very much part of the social fabric of HK and certain suites are quite nice, though I totally agree that the hotel is on a totally different level compared to TUH, RW, FS and Peninsula.

Don’t see how GH would compare to RW.
Don't get me wrong - I like the GH and personally spend staycations there 3-4 times a year using WOH points and Club Access Awards, but I feel like it is better discussed in the Hyatt forums rather than in the context of luxury hotels.
scented likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
Don't get me wrong - I like the GH and personally spend staycations there 3-4 times a year using WOH points and Club Access Awards, but I feel like it is better discussed in the Hyatt forums rather than in the context of luxury hotels.
Agreed. Definitely doesn't merit discussion in this forum.
Visconti and BESVISOR like this.
Old May 26, 2019, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Agreed. Definitely doesn't merit discussion in this forum.
It does when discussing views.
Old May 26, 2019, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JetAway
It does when discussing views.
I don't find anything particularly special about them but we can agree to disagree.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.